***!?!? TSN's NHL draft coverage in Canada

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I was going to ask about this weird starting time. But it's great for me as I have to go to a family wedding that day and had resigned myself to missing my favorite event of the year. I hope it does mean the NHL is looking at marketing it more.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I work right until 6....the draft starts at 6....which time will the 1st pick be made at? I'm guessing 6:15 or 6:20, so I hope I'm back in time.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Hedberg said:
Do you have any information on the card show? All I know is that Upper Deck is there.
From my card dealer
The card show starts at 1:30pm PST and goes until 2:45pm PST. The First Round of the draft is to run from 3:00pm-6:00pm, and once it has completed, the booths for the card show will re-open until. There will be other dealers there other tehn Upper Deck. Its at the concourse?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
punk_o_holic said:
From my card dealer
The card show starts at 1:30pm PST and goes until 2:45pm PST. The First Round of the draft is to run from 3:00pm-6:00pm, and once it has completed, the booths for the card show will re-open until. There will be other dealers there other tehn Upper Deck. Its at the concourse?
Apparently if you buy five packs of Upper Deck product, who will recieve a special 6 card set of former #1 draft picks

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
boredmale said:
For whatever reason the NHL decided to move the draft to 6pm EST/3PM PST. Not sure if it had anything to do with the world cup being on, or they wanted to try see how it does in a later timeslot.

Perhaps they wanted less viewers by making it primetime? lol.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
Predatore said:
don't like the starting time. It means that the draft will start at midnight here in Sweden.. and probably not be over until morning. I have some heavy coffee drinking ahead of me next weekend :)

Indeed, my manager had asked me if i needed to book it off for vacation and i was like note it starts at 4pm this year!

Evil Homer

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
I'm OK with either the afternoon start time, or the later one.

It would be nice to get at least two entire rounds one of these years though. I was hoping that with the later time, they might broadcast longer - perhaps trying to leverage the Saturday night HNIC crowd.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Draft is simply at a different time, Live 3pm PT and 6pm ET. I'm happier its in the SAT evening. Sure I'll be working and have to watch it Sunday as I will be out Saturday night partying, but at least I won't be hung over watching the draft on a saturday morning this time!

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Duff88 said:
You guys think this is bad? June 24th is the day of the St-Jean Baptiste which happens to be the national holiday here in Quebec (no politics here please), which means instead of drinking with my friends I'm going to be in my house, alone, watching the NHL draft...

At least by 10PM the first and second rounds should be done, hopefully not everyone is drunk by that time.

The only positive point I can see is that if the NHL keeps it's NHL Draft on Saturdays the next time this is going to happen is in 2017.

I think we'll need to devise a draft drinking game to make sure your ready to go by the time the second round is over.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
CanadianPantherFan said:
On my guide,the NHL network is showing the draft same time as TSN. Same feed I assume.
Yes. And the NHL On the Fly's draft coverage isn't live, it's usually a repeat of the first round.

Drakkar

Apr 8, 2004
Irvine, CA
Yeah, it sucks that it is on June 24, our National Holiday... I'll be drinking on the Plaines d'Abraham instead :yo: , but I'll probably tape it.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
Hedberg said:
Yes. And the NHL On the Fly's draft coverage isn't live, it's usually a repeat of the first round.

According to the digital guide, the On the Fly will recap the draft from 9pm-11:30pm ET, followed by a repeat of the draft coverage from 11:30 to 2:30.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
I hate it ..
it's on our national day !
I want to kill somebody !! :madfire:

Which country is this?

Another question. What is the format this season?? IN past seasons they did the first 3 rounds on day 1 and the rest of the draft on day 2 (Sunday).

Will they only do 1 round on Saturday night?

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Which country is this?

Another question. What is the format this season?? IN past seasons they did the first 3 rounds on day 1 and the rest of the draft on day 2 (Sunday).

Will they only do 1 round on Saturday night?

The whole draft is on Saturday.

psukan

Nov 2, 2005
How many rounds will they cover, just one I am assuming, but perhaps I am wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->