News Article: TSN: Top 300 projected scorers

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I'd have to think if Bjugs stays healthy he'll hit 60pts. This season. 50-55pts minimum(meaning probably more then this) for Barkov n Hubby if That first line is together all season. IMO all 3 will hit 60pts this year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
http://www.tsn.ca/crosby-no-1-in-the-top-300-projected-scorers-1.360216

101. Huberdeau 49pts.
106. Bjugstad 48pts.
159. Barkov 42 pts.

So the kids basically take a step back or show no improvement... ya right.

I'd have to think if Bjugs stays healthy he'll hit 60pts. This season. 50-55pts minimum(meaning probably more then this) for Barkov n Hubby if That first line is together all season. IMO all 3 will hit 60pts this year.

I really feel Huberdeau and Bjugstad both reach no less than 55 but no more than 70. TSN have their reason to always underrate us because of our history but I believe in these core guys, who will bring consistent playoff hockey to South Florida. The only window closing for us is Luongo, he's got 3-4 above average years left right? We had 198 goals last year, is it a stretch to say we hit 210 this season? Chicago had 220 last year, won another Cup and that was middle of the pack compared to Tampa's 259 total.

I'm excited for this year, the injection of speed will be a treat to see. Hoping Gallant can catch lightning in a bottle with the special teams this year. Can Crouse, Grimaldi and Smith replace the 17 goals Fleischmann, Kopecky and Upshall combined for last year? Can Pirri and Bjugstad hit 30-35 goals each? Does Ekblad have a sophmore slump? So many questions in a year where most agree, it's playoffs or Tallon is gone.

The core guys will definitely improve but do we have enough to get into playoffs? What you guys think?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
http://www.tsn.ca/crosby-no-1-in-the-top-300-projected-scorers-1.360216

101. Huberdeau 49pts.
106. Bjugstad 48pts.
159. Barkov 42 pts.

So the kids basically take a step back or show no improvement... ya right.
And it's also who they have ranked ahead of Panthers players: Galchenyuk, Kadri, Scheifele, Johansson, Ehlers, and I don't see how Saad is supposed to be ranked ahead of all of our young players. And I understand why they ranked Eichel ahead of our young players but still don't feel good about that one, I don't think he's going to outscore all of our youngsters.
And Jagr should not be ranked ahead of all of our younger players, not knocking Jagr.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The core guys will definitely improve but do we have enough to get into playoffs? What you guys think?

I think so but then again I'm an optimist. Compared to the beginning of last year there are still far fewer questionmarks, the way last year ended was promising and basically everyone is back minus the bottom line guys who didn't contribute anything anyway. Also the coaching staff has had a year to mold the identity of this team.

The biggest questionmarks for me is if Ekblad can repeat what he did last year (the team needs his goals desperately) and if Luongo can be at least an average goalie (his advanced stats aren't very solid http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2015/09/12/florida-panthers-2015-16-season-primer/). And yeah, the special teams need to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad