TSN: The ratification vote and news conference has been set for Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Slangston_Hughes said:
That moron Goodenow and that idiot Arturs Irbe are holding up the process.

I always liked Irbe until this past year.

The guy is like 500 years old now and is trying to ruin everything because he's a talentless sack of crap who just made 3 million in 2003-04 to be a mediocre ECHL goalie. :rant:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sigh... even when they have the deal in principle, they're still dragging it out.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
OTTSENS said:
Friday instead of Thursday. What's the big deal????? :shakehead
It's not really a big deal. I mean the lockout lasted 301 days, so one more day in the grand scheme of things isn't going to make a huge difference.

However, it is annoying. And I think fans have the right to be annoyed.

SPARTAKUS*

Cloned said:
It's not really a big deal. I mean the lockout lasted 301 days, so one more day in the grand scheme of things isn't going to make a huge difference.

What good does it do to be annoyed. It won't change the fact that the PC will be held Friday instead of Thursday. I think that you guys have to much stress in your lives. Learn to go with the flow.
:yo:

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/07/230562.html

8:59 PM EDT, 07/18/2005
NHL Board of Governors to meet Friday

NEW YORK (July 18, 2005) - The National Hockey League announced today that its Board of Governors will meet Friday in New York to vote on the ratification of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, to formulate the order of selection for the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, and to consider rule changes for implementation.

JayPSU

Jul 14, 2005
The problem is that now all the PC quotes and news for the newspapers will be on a weekend which is bad for spreading word around. Another STUPID move by the morons of the NHL.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Cloned said:

What I don't get is why be annoyed at Irbe? The PA stuff still appears to be going to schedule (Exec committee meeting Tuesday, agent breifing Tues, meeting/start of voting Wednesday, end of voting/final tally Thursday).

What got moved back is stuff on the league's end with the press conference (or, with what very well be the main reason, the ability of principal members of both sides to be available for a NYC conference).

Sanman19

Jun 28, 2005
New Jersey
JayPSU said:
The problem is that now all the PC quotes and news for the newspapers will be on a weekend which is bad for spreading word around. Another STUPID move by the morons of the NHL.

its 2006, news is everywhere

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
OTTSENS said:
What good does it do to be annoyed. It won't change the fact that the PC will be held Friday instead of Thursday. I think that you guys have to much stress in your lives. Learn to go with the flow.
:yo:
Being annoyed is just a feeling. Feelings are irrational at times. It might not do anyone any good, and it won't change the fact that the PC will be on Friday, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to get annoyed anyways.

I don't think it has to do with stress as much as it has to do with having a year without hockey. That one more day just prolongs things.

Anyways, you gave some good advice. Go with the flow.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kritter471 said:
What I don't get is why be annoyed at Irbe? The PA stuff still appears to be going to schedule (Exec committee meeting Tuesday, agent breifing Tues, meeting/start of voting Wednesday, end of voting/final tally Thursday).

What got moved back is stuff on the league's end with the press conference (or, with what very well be the main reason, the ability of principal members of both sides to be available for a NYC conference).
To be honest I don't know where the Irbe stuff is coming from either.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Cloned said:
To be honest I don't know where the Irbe stuff is coming from either.

It's a combination of two things:

1. Ignoramuses assuming that any delay must be because certain NHLPA members are trying to kill the deal.

2. Goodenow/NHLPA haters desperate to get their last few licks in before no one cares about any of this stuff anymore and their acts become tired and unwanted.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
I always liked Irbe until this past year.

The guy is like 500 years old now and is trying to ruin everything because he's a talentless sack of crap who just made 3 million in 2003-04 to be a mediocre ECHL goalie. :rant:

...who led his team to the Stanley Cup finals in 2002.

/just sayin'

And whats up with everyone thinking it's going to be a delay as a result of a deal-kill?

They're holding a meetinig with over 700 players on the ins and outs of this new CBA. 600 pages to decipher for players and their agents. Oh, and they still have to vote. I was shocked that it was friday, they're rushing this along. All for the fans.

SPARTAKUS*

Cloned said:
Being annoyed is just a feeling. Feelings are irrational at times. It might not do anyone any good, and it won't change the fact that the PC will be on Friday, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to get annoyed anyways.

I don't think it has to do with stress as much as it has to do with having a year without hockey. That one more day just prolongs things.

Anyways, you gave some good advice. Go with the flow.

I am not saying that poeple don't have the right to be annoyed by the NHL. But it makes more sense to me anyway that both sides ratify the deal Thursday and have the PC Friday. Patience my friends is coming.
:handclap: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad