TSN Telus Cup coverage

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
yah no kidding, so we get to watch pre-game instead of midget hockey wat the heck, and then to hurt me even more they put it on there alternate station. What a game it was from what we got to see a couple of huge hits and a sweet goal by Red Deer near the end of the game.

Zetterberg4Captain*

I was watching it when it went to the alternate channel and I don't even know who won yet! Can anybody tell me?

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
For the second straight year, the Prince Albert Mintos went to overtime at the TELUS Cup. And for the second year in a row, the Mintos were crowned national midget hockey champions. Prince Albert had their fans ecstatic upon earning the 3-2 victory in the opening minute of the second extra frame.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Brennan Wrigley
I know the Wrigley family a little, and Brennan's father is likely one of the nicest people you'll ever meet in the game. Nice to see Brennan win a national title.

I was miffed, too, when they switched to coverage of the Raptors game. Most people in Canada don't get TSN's alternate feed. I understand TSN's need to cater to the larger audience, and many more people will watch the Raptors first round elimination than a bunch of 17-year-old kids playing hockey.

But TSN's policy has always been to finish a broadcasted live event before switching to another competition, regardless of which one would draw the higher ratings. I remember one poster (who is actually one of my favourites) lambasting TSN last year for airing the OT of the Telus Cup final last year, instead of switching over to Game 5 between Buffalo and Philly.

Anyways, great to see PA win the national title for the second straight year, and continue Saskatchewan's dominance at the national tournament. Third straight national title for Sask. Midget AAA, and fourth in six years.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
But TSN's policy has always been to finish a broadcasted live event before switching to another competition, regardless of which one would draw the higher ratings. I remember one poster (who is actually one of my favourites) lambasting TSN last year for airing the OT of the Telus Cup final last year, instead of switching over to Game 5 between Buffalo and Philly.

Anyways, great to see PA win the national title for the second straight year, and continue Saskatchewan's dominance at the national tournament. Third straight national title for Sask. Midget AAA, and fourth in six years.

That happened a few years ago with the Labour Day Classic when instead of switching to the Rider/Bombers game TSN stayed with its rain delayed NASCAR event. That got a few Rider Priders riled up.

As for the Mintos what a great story. As someone mentioned a few weeks ago not many of these guys will be first round picks nor will they necessarily even play Major Junior. But it gives them that one time taste of glory. To be the very best in Canada and to have no one able to take that away from you.

I'm looking forward to seeing a number of these guys in the SJHL. However, a few may even jumpstart Major Junior careers (which might not have been a reality) out of this national championship much like Matt Robertson and Dustin Tokarski did last year.

Congrats Mintos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad