News Article: [TSN]:SENS remain in the mix for Duchene

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Its all fine and dandy to fall in love with prospect with potential but Ottawa is in a position where they can go for the cup with our best player ever being in his prime and needing a new contract soon.

Chabot should be the only prospect untouchable at this point. Guys like Claesson and Jaros ....I have no idea why you would have them as untouchable lol.

If eventually a package of Claesson + White + 1st can get you an impact forward you do it for the current team.

Add to the fact that a lot of those guys won't reach their potential or wont have space on the current roster to play it makes sense to make a deal

If you believe (as many seem to) that Brown has true #1 centre potential then he has to be pretty close to untouchable as well. #1Cs are very very very rarely moved these days. If he looks like he could become one, hold on to him for dear life and hope he hits his peak potential.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Keep Chabot and Brown.

White + Claesson (Jaros if they are savvy) and 1st.

Honestly, thats a lot. and that should do it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I see it as the majority to not wanting to trade White/Chabot/Brown for Duchene to it now being really not wanting to that trade.

I think there's a pretty huge difference between Chabot and those two other guys though. I'm fine with trading White or Brown for Duchene but would never want Chabot to go.

As for Brown, I agree he is being really overrated right now because of two preseason games in which he was definitely good offensively, but you could still see the weaknesses rather clearly. I certainly don't think he's a shoe-in to develop into a #1 C.

If Colorado is willing to bite on taking him + Jaros and a 1st, I say go for it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think there's a pretty huge difference between Chabot and those two other guys though. I'm fine with trading White or Brown for Duchene but would never want Chabot to go.

As for Brown, I agree he is being really overrated right now because of two preseason games in which he was definitely good offensively, but you could still see the weaknesses rather clearly. I certainly don't think he's a shoe-in to develop into a #1 C.

If Colorado is willing to bite on taking him + Jaros and a 1st, I say go for it.

So let's say we do trade for Duchene. We move Brown, Jaros and a first round pick.

What do you say when Duchene ends up putting up 55 points per season over the next 2 years, then leaves as a UFA?

No matter what those kids turn into, do you think moving 3 young assets is worth it for a 2-year rental that isn't a star? Because, that is a very real possibility.

MisterMethos

Jun 21, 2014
Everywhere and Nowhere
Wouldn't trading Chabot be completely out of the question if the hope is that if EK65 does in fact leave when his contract is up (which I know none of us want) would Chabot become his replacement? Insane pressure to put on the kid, but privately we are all hoping that is the case, right?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wouldn't trading Chabot be completely out of the question if the hope is that if EK65 does in fact leave when his contract is up (which I know none of us want) would Chabot become his replacement? Insane pressure to put on the kid, but privately we are all hoping that is the case, right?

Not at all.

I'm not going to speak for everyone else here, but my hope is to have Karlsson on the ice for 25 minutes a game, and Chabot eating up another 20+ minutes of icetime. That gives us a whopping 45+ minutes of gametime with an elite puck mover driving the paly for us. That would make us a very formidable team moving up the ice.

6stringmofo

Mar 12, 2015
Ottawa
Not at all.

I'm not going to speak for everyone else here, but my hope is to have Karlsson on the ice for 25 minutes a game, and Chabot eating up another 20+ minutes of icetime. That gives us a whopping 45+ minutes of gametime with an elite puck mover driving the paly for us. That would make us a very formidable team moving up the ice.

This. Asides from Heatly and Spezza, Ottawa has been very good at retaining their talent IMO.

I believe and hope that EK resigns.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
We will just go in circles.

Some will be high on Brown others will say they don't see it so move him.

Some will be high on white others will say I don't see it so move him.

Some will say all our prospects have such potential keep them, others will say they won't reach that projected level so move them.

I do think that you can't get trapped waiting for your prospects all the time. Next year we will have more promising picks, but Karlsson is in inching closer to 30, you have to keep making moves to go for it at least for the next 5 years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We will just go in circles.

Some will be high on Brown others will say they don't see it so move him.

Some will be high on white others will say I don't see it so move him.

Some will say all our prospects have such potential keep them, others will say they won't reach that projected level so move them.

I do think that you can't get trapped waiting for your prospects all the time. Next year we will have more promising picks, but Karlsson is in inching closer to 30, you have to keep making moves to go for it at least for the next 5 years.

True....but you also need to make the right moves.

I don't think Duchene is that elite piece worth sacrificing blue chip prospects. If we're trading away our future, it better be for a difference-maker like Tavares.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
True....but you also need to make the right moves.

I don't think Duchene is that elite piece worth sacrificing blue chip prospects. If we're trading away our future, it better be for a difference-maker like Tavares.

Fair enough, I agree with that.

My own worthless opinion is you don't touch Chabot , and that Brown should be only be packaged for a Tavares if it's possible. Otherwise he needs to be left alone because of the size/skill potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->