TSN says "games will be played"

Status
Not open for further replies.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
HABitual said:
As far as I'm concerned, TSN is being very unprofessional by speculating about there being a season salvaged any time soon. They are only getting hopes up unnecessarily as there is no guarantee there will be a season this winter/spring and if there were, the NHL would look extremely foolish to "uncancel" a cancelled season. I just can't see the NHL and NHLPA working out a legitimate deal any time soon. There's just too much disagreement over the salary cap at this point.
News is news. If there's something credible behind it there's no reason not to report it.

stargazer21

Feb 18, 2005
Flyers Hockey said:
I was just joking with you. Thanks for the report.

No biggie. I expected to be questioned, being the FNG and all. :D

(And thanks for the link Leafer!)

A Good Flying Bird*

Unbiased Canadian said:
Many of you doubted me...I said there will still be a season.,....and I still say there will be, they'll be playing hockey march 1st boys.

I was right there with you.
I'm not 100 percent sure, though, that hockey will be played.
If season ticket refunds are in the mail, there will be logistical problems.

I still have hope.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
It's an interesting comment from a network that is usually called The Source of the NHL.

Either it's true or the NHL is trying another stratic move to divide the union. The only way I see it.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
KrazyCanuck19 said:
I thought that once they announced the formal cancellation the roller coaster would stop. Guess I was wrong. :banghead:

This was naive. What better way to make the other side sweat than to cancel the season?

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
This is really one big huge joke. I wish that the media and some of the more fringe actors in this dispute would just show some fan sympathy and let us greive and vent, instead of the constant string of false hopes the keep throwing us. Honestly, anyone who believes that there is a chance for hockey at this point is delusional, probally as a result of listening to this constant barrage of BS from the PA, the media and the leauge. Stop hoping and join the real world folks, it will only make things easier when I am eventually proven right.

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
In_Todd_we_trust said:
This is really one big huge joke. I wish that the media and some of the more fringe actors in this dispute would just show some fan sympathy and let us greive and vent, instead of the constant string of false hopes the keep throwing us. Honestly, anyone who believes that there is a chance for hockey at this point is delusional, probally as a result of listening to this constant barrage of BS from the PA, the media and the leauge. Stop hoping and join the real world folks, it will only make things easier when I am eventually proven right.

Just because you have given up hope, why do the rest of us have to? :dunno:

The season is already cancelled. Why not hope? It can't get any more cancelled.

A Good Flying Bird*

In_Todd_we_trust said:

You want to grieve and vent? Go ahead. No one is stopping you.

No need to call us delusional, when clearly, something is afoot.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
Newsguyone said:
No need to call us delusional, when clearly, something is afoot.

Not trying to insult anyone. Just trying to express my point of view that all these 'something is afoot' reports have been going on since december it seems, and NOTHING has been acomplished except more expressed distrust from both sides, and an offical season cancelation announcement.

Don't misunderstand me, I would LOVE to be proven wrong. I just think that this is one last desperate cycle of BS that this whole process has been constantly pushing onto the fan's hopes for hockey in '04-'05. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I won't be fooled by these false smoke signals anymore.

A Good Flying Bird*

In_Todd_we_trust said:
Not trying to insult anyone. Just trying to express my point of view that all these 'something is afoot' reports have been going on since december it seems, and NOTHING has been acomplished except more expressed distrust from both sides, and an offical season cancelation announcement.

Don't misunderstand me, I would LOVE to be proven wrong. I just think that this is one last desperate cycle of BS that this whole process has been constantly pushing onto the fan's hopes for hockey in '04-'05. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I won't be fooled by these false smoke signals anymore.

I'd think these were all red herrings too. But the players have basically caved in. It's just a matter of time now.

dedalus

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Levitate said:
uhhh, right...and that's such an incredibly frightening prospect because...?
uuuh, right ... and if you'd trouble yourself to read the thread you'll note that I OPEN my intial post by writing: "Not that it probably matters to anyone ... "

Given your quick jump and your defensiveness on the issue, I'd say you're NOT one of those to whom it matters little, your protestations to the contrary aside.

Anything else I can help you with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad