TSN: Rob Shremp feature (u have to see this move)

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
My point? There are alot of guys who can do those fancy moves in non game or low level situations, is it nice to look at? Sure but I wouldn't use it as proof to go "See! Schremp is the pwnage!"
And what exactly does that have to do with this thread? It was started simply to show everyone an awesome move by Schremp and most people in the thread agreed that it was very impressive. I didn't see anyone saying "See, this proves Schremp will dominate the NHL!" You're the one that is bringing up the issue, everyone else is just watching an awesome breakaway move.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The only point of this thread was to show something that looked awesome, and Schremp haters jump in and say how it doesn't mean anything. No one is saying it does, it was just a cool thing... I wonder if people would be saying this same thing if Malkin did this in a CHARITY shootout...

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
This would be like me posting Ryan Shannons spin-o-roma move at the AHL skills challenge and going OMG how great is he? after an entire summer of divided opinion on him.

My point? There are alot of guys who can do those fancy moves in non game or low level situations, is it nice to look at? Sure but I wouldn't use it as proof to go "See! Schremp is the pwnage!"

Has anyone even said that in this thread?

Actually, the reverse has been true... there are more people bashing him in this thread than saying he's a future superstar.

Most people just thought it was entertaining, that's all.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
This would be like me posting Ryan Shannons spin-o-roma move at the AHL skills challenge and going OMG how great is he? after an entire summer of divided opinion on him.
So why dont you post his spin-o-rama move? (You must have baby back ribs on the mind). I'm sure many will say wow. Thats the point of posting it. You dont have to say OMG how great is he? If it looks cool, others may enjoy watching it (pretty simple concept really).
My point? There are alot of guys who can do those fancy moves in non game or low level situations, is it nice to look at? Sure
You should have stopped there.

but I wouldn't use it as proof to go "See! Schremp is the pwnage!"
Youre right! You win the argument with the voices in your head! You tell em!

Vomiting Kermit*

Thanks for coming out, champ.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Plenty of people. It's fun to watch. The closest I've seen to that was the Rob Hisey goal from a year or two ago, and this one was even more elaborate (though of course he didn't score).

That second one he scored on was nice though. I could see someone doing that in a shootout a la Malik from last year, though the wide approach to the net would probably give it away.

Better quality vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouJuGtyyddE

Thanks for putting it on youtube.

this is amazing!!

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
After thinking about this, with the new stick rulings as well for 06/07, in a shootout, what would then stop a player from using sticky tape?? which would probably be the next step in improving this type of play if players begin to take this form of trickery to heart.

In the same way sticky tape would make it a lot easier to do the move, it would also make it a lot harder to finish off the move when the puck needs to leave the stick and go into the net!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
In the same way sticky tape would make it a lot easier to do the move, it would also make it a lot harder to finish off the move when the puck needs to leave the stick and go into the net!

And it is a lot easier to ban. The official can just run a finger over the stick.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I don't think people are raggin on Schremp. I just think it's good to tell all you people that this move does not make him amazing. I can do it and I am a washed up Junior B player who plays in the Beer leagues now. Kids in Bantam and Midget can do it too. Anyone who is around alot of non-pro hockey knows it's not that big of a deal.

Now I will say, I wish Schremp was a prospect for my team for all the other things he can do in a real game.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
It definitely was a nice move. But what even more impressive was him pulling this move while practising alone and bringing the puck over his head and down.

Randall Graves*

And what exactly does that have to do with this thread? It was started simply to show everyone an awesome move by Schremp and most people in the thread agreed that it was very impressive. I didn't see anyone saying "See, this proves Schremp will dominate the NHL!" You're the one that is bringing up the issue, everyone else is just watching an awesome breakaway move.
I'm just tired of hearing about him all the time, when someone makes a thread about Schremp they know the inevitable will happen, Marek Malik can do it, nobodys saying how amazing his hands are..

Vomiting Kermit*

I'm just tired of hearing about him all the time, when someone makes a thread about Schremp they know the inevitable will happen, Marek Malik can do it, nobodys saying how amazing his hands are..
Then don't post or open the thread. Not that hard.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't think people are raggin on Schremp. I just think it's good to tell all you people that this move does not make him amazing. I can do it and I am a washed up Junior B player who plays in the Beer leagues now. Kids in Bantam and Midget can do it too. Anyone who is around alot of non-pro hockey knows it's not that big of a deal.

Now I will say, I wish Schremp was a prospect for my team for all the other things he can do in a real game.

That's great and all, but if 2 year old kids with crap in their diapers can do this, then why all of the hype from TSN??? From posters from other teams (some of which have no doubtedly have played hockey)??? It shows great puck skill, hand eye coordination, etc. If you could do that, then challenge Robbie at the next intermission for the Oilers (the 17th in Winnipeg I believe) and get yourself on TSN for showing up Schremp!!! You can do it!!!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So why would you click on a thread about him? Its kind of like being tired of hearing a song, and yet you keep listening to it. Doesnt makes sence, now does it?

No, it's like hating a song, and then turning it up louder when it comes on, and then ****ing about it when it ends!!!

Heavy Fuel

The TSN bit was trying to highlight how some "hot dog" moves may be showing up more in hockey in a manner similar to other major sports, and how Schremp is one of the up and coming young guns who is adept at these moves. The crowd went nuts over that first attempt at the exhibition game, and when the U of A player Stanley scored on a 360 shot to top it(that should be in the tsn clip as well), that just upped the fun factor. Then Schremp did the behind the back, backhand shot where he picked the corner to top it all off.

It was entertaining as hell, and the guy did it in a packed(albeit in Clare Drake Arena, a smaller venue) house in front of pretty much all of the Edmonton staff who will soon be deciding where he plays this year. It's not the same as scoring a behind your back shot on Kipper with Phaneuf planting a stick in your ear, but it is still a lot more pressure than your average Jungle B practice.

Like it or not, you will be seeing him on the highlights again sooner or later, so you haters better get used to it.

Randall Graves*

So why would you click on a thread about him? Its kind of like being tired of hearing a song, and yet you keep listening to it. Doesnt makes sence, now does it?
Because I wanted to see the video it's not like I was the first to comment on how this doesn't make him a star or anything. He didn't do it during a game, so I don't see what's so special about it, i've seen guys fooling around doing that type of stuff. If he does that in an NHL game i'll give him props for doing so.

KFO

Jan 29, 2003
edmonton
Visit site

I'll go ahead right now and say that Schremps hands are amazing, and id like to see you try and tell me they arn't.

I can also say that i can do what Malik did, and im sure a lot of guys that play hockey on here can as well, but that dosnt take away the fact that it was an amazing goal, and he deserves props for trying it in a pressure situation.

Oh, and to clairify, Malik went between the legs, Robbie went behind both legs, even more of a stretch to get back there:clap:

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA

I've seen guys that can do it as well. I wish some of the guys in the NHL had the cahones to try some more hot-dog moves in the NHL. Then instead of "I've seen bantams do that!" would be countered with, "He did it in the NHL".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->