TSN: Rob Shremp feature (u have to see this move)

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
I was at the game last night, and it was absolutely incredible. I wish we'd see more of those moves in the NHL (obviously it would be tougher in a game, but perhaps in shootouts) and that people would get past the fact that it embarasses people.

No kidding.

What's more embarassing, to be deked out of your goalie equipment on a great move, or giving up a goal from outside the blueline?

You are trying to score... that's it. If it works it works.

The worst part is, if someone tried this in a shootout and missed, he'd get reamed out for it. I don't understand why? If you are capable of this kind of a move (and it's a pretty effective move), why not give it a chance?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I believe there is a rule that states you cannot hold the puck on your stick lacrosse style. It was debated when Crosby scored the lax goal while he was with Rimouski. Can anybody help me out on this?

BIG DEAL! The kid can lift the puck like that. Millions of kids can do that!!!....What? He scored 145 points in 57 games last year?...Any kid can do that in the O!....What? Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, Alexander Ovechkin, all the HF Mods, and Jesus have said this kid can play? Big deal! I've heard that about so many prospects it's not even funny....Besides, he's American.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Rob Hisey can do tons of puck tricks and do you see him in the NHL? No.

Yes, Schremp is skilled...but doing puck tricks doesnt get you far in the NHL.

Was anyone suggesting that? This thread was to highlight Schremp's skill, not debate whether he's going to make it in the NHL.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Was anyone suggesting that? This thread was to highlight Schremp's skill, not debate whether he's going to make it in the NHL.

Everyone knows the kid has skill coming out the wazoo :) Even the Schremp detracters cant deny what kind of skills the kid has.

I watched the peice on TV and i was impressed...but i see kids in Midget do puck tricks all the time. Maybe im desensitized :)

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Everyone knows the kid has skill coming out the wazoo :) Even the Schremp detracters cant deny what kind of skills the kid has.

I watched the peice on TV and i was impressed...but i see kids in Midget do puck tricks all the time. Maybe im desensitized :)

No, I just think you got front row seats at the Hater's Ball.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Thats your opinion.

I dont hate Schremp...cant say im a fan. Im indifferent.

Basically any prospect that's out there can be shot down with this simple formula:

His x, y, and z won't work once he gets to the NHL because defenseman are better.

As in Schremp's speed, stickhandling and shot won't work once he gets to the NHL because defenseman are better.

or

Malkin's size, skill, and vision won't work once he gets to the NHL because defenseman are better.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Basically any prospect that's out there can be shot down with this simple formula:

His x, y, and z won't work once he gets to the NHL because defenseman are better.

As in Schremp's speed, stickhandling and shot won't work once he gets to the NHL because defenseman are better.

or

Malkin's size, skill, and vision won't work once he gets to the NHL because defenseman are better.

I didnt say he wouldnt be a good NHLer...im not sure where you got that notion. I just pointed out that a lot of players, in lower levels can do puck tricks.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Geez - someone posts a couple of nice entertaining moves from a second intermission charity shoot out and people feel it necessary to point out that it doesn't mean he'll be a good NHL'er.

It was meant to entertain. Get a grip.

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
I found the second goal to be much more impressive. Didnt even go between his legs, went behind his skates. Friggin unreal skills,

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Geez - someone posts a couple of nice entertaining moves from a second intermission charity shoot out and people feel it necessary to point out that it doesn't mean he'll be a good NHL'er.

It was meant to entertain. Get a grip.

HONESTLY. this move wasnt made in a game. it was made in a second period intermission to entertain the fans. People who are ******** on this are unbelieveable, just proves my theory that someone on HF will find something to complain about in anything.

made up example "wooo the islanders just won the cup!! wooo"
another poster: " but your goalie has a 15 year contract":biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

people need to learn to unwind and loosen up

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
HONESTLY. this move wasnt made in a game. it was made in a second period intermission to entertain the fans. People who are ******** on this are unbelieveable, just proves my theory that someone on HF will find something to complain about in anything.

made up example "wooo the islanders just won the cup!! wooo"
another poster: " but your goalie has a 15 year contract":biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

people need to learn to unwind and loosen up

Agreed, say what you will but I guarantee you 99% of people here can't pull that move off. If you wanna go say how you can do it and how it's easy, then fine go ahead, but stop hating on Schremp, that was nasty to watch. I've tried stuff like that before, getting EVERYTHING in that together is tough. The michigan is fairly easy to do but thats much more difficult because you need to be skating and keeping your stick turned the right way to keep it from flying off.

CH Wizard

Holy ****...I don't know how he keeps the puck on his stick that long.

Randall Graves*

or

Marek Malik did a similar move, I suppose he's going to be an offensive dynamo pretty soon.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
WOW... Sure seems like there's a lot of sour grapes in this thread.

Can't you just appreciate the skill involved in pulling that off.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Didn't Schremp try this move in the prospects game?

If you mean the CHL top prospects game, I'm not so sure Schremp ever played in it. And I don't think he ever tried this in a game...

he did once take a drink out of the opposing goalie's water bottle after a scrum in the crease though.

Randall Graves*

WOW... Sure seems like there's a lot of sour grapes in this thread.

Can't you just appreciate the skill involved in pulling that off.
This would be like me posting Ryan Shannons spin-o-roma move at the AHL skills challenge and going OMG how great is he? after an entire summer of divided opinion on him.

My point? There are alot of guys who can do those fancy moves in non game or low level situations, is it nice to look at? Sure but I wouldn't use it as proof to go "See! Schremp is the pwnage!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->