TSN: Rob Shremp feature (u have to see this move)

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Thats pretty crazy...
the second move was alright too..

and that golf shot..

albathegreat*

Thats mad skills...

As for the golf show he put on.. thats some Tiger Woods sh**

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I was at the game last night, and it was absolutely incredible. I wish we'd see more of those moves in the NHL (obviously it would be tougher in a game, but perhaps in shootouts) and that people would get past the fact that it embarasses people.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
It's cool and all, but all those moves and $1 will get him a can of Coke at a drink machine when he's got NHL traffic to deal with.

He's just one of hundreds of hockey players with incredible puck skills. I've seen guys do similar things and aside from one getting a few pro tryouts and a year in the AHL, I can't think of any of them who went anywhere with golden hands and not much else. I'm not saying Shremp doesn't have anything else, and if And1 puts together a hockey tour, Shremp will be on it, but cool moves are not going to be what makes him an NHL player.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
TSN must be bored out of their minds to show reports like this. Who gives a hoot about that?!

Plenty of people. It's fun to watch. The closest I've seen to that was the Rob Hisey goal from a year or two ago, and this one was even more elaborate (though of course he didn't score).

That second one he scored on was nice though. I could see someone doing that in a shootout a la Malik from last year, though the wide approach to the net would probably give it away.

Better quality vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouJuGtyyddE

likeavoss

Jan 15, 2006
Sherwood Park
Ha... you've got to love when Hockey's Future posters are all, "Hey! Who gives a hoot about freakin' prospects!"

Last edited:

white_tiger

Sep 10, 2006
Phoenix
i just saw it - wow -

it could be done in a game

Actually I think he would have got called for a High Stick in a game.. Looked like he went above teh top of teh goal on that last flick around as he turned.. but other wise.. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
im all for the highstick ruling on that one. A for effort though, nice move :bow:

But on another note, the real skill is in getting the puck on the blade. The dangles are the easy part of that move. But whats stopping all players from doing that? Schremp did that move while moving, but conceivably any player from a stand still could stand the puck up and pick it up from there, then go in on the goalie. Granted the goalies "wow" factor is higher, seeing a guy pull that move while moving.

After thinking about this, with the new stick rulings as well for 06/07, in a shootout, what would then stop a player from using sticky tape?? which would probably be the next step in improving this type of play if players begin to take this form of trickery to heart.

Final note: This isnt lacrosse :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad