TSN Reports Entry Draft Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
Here's my question... If there is no CBA by December, does that mean there's a good chance of a combined draft being held in June if they settled in early 2006? Because, at that point I don't believe you can say lets hold a draft a week after there's a new CBA and go back and use the 2004 standings to determine draft positioning! And I'm sure when the time comes, so will 1/2 of the GM's.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It was originally believed this group would emerge from three days of meetings with a counter proposal to the NHL's recent two-option presentation, however sources say this get together was pre-planned to allow the PA's leaders to "clear their heads" before moving forward.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050323_175948_5540

:lol

There are so many jokes that come to mind that it boggles the mind ...........

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
DARKSIDE said:
Here's my question... If there is no CBA by December, does that mean there's a good chance of a combined draft being held in June if they settled in early 2006? Because, at that point I don't believe you can say lets hold a draft a week after there's a new CBA and go back and use the 2004 standings to determine draft positioning! And I'm sure when the time comes, so will 1/2 of the GM's.

No matter the result of that legal wrangling, a draft must be held before the next NHL season begins. The NHL's Bill Daly has said the order of the draft would be decided in a 30-team lottery weighted on the results of the 2003-04 season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=thedominoesaretumbling&prov=tsn&type=lgns

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
DARKSIDE said:
I believe Daly was referring to a draft in June 2005, my question was pertaining to 2006!

I am running late and it would take some time I think to find a link, but several months back I believe that Daly said that if that should happen then there would be two drafts, one soon after the other. Maybe someone else remembers that being linked in the past?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Grandpabuzz said:
So Washington gets Crosby?

1. "weighted" = a lottery.
2. Some have questioned this hockey writer when this was first linked . . . I merely put it up as one of a few times that NHL officials, Daly in particular, have been quoted as saying that a weighted lottery of some sort based on one or several years has been linked. Never has anyone said that there would be an equal chance for all or that the drafts would be combined. Where there is smoke there is fire, a combined draft is not going to happen or someone sometime would have said something. As shown above just the opposite has been pretty consistently the case as far as league comments go.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Grandpabuzz said:
So Washington gets Crosby?

Didn’t you read the previous post that said Crosby will first be a Montreal replacement player THEN will go to the Caps via the draft? :)

A weighed lottery system does have the distinct possibility that the Caps could be 2/2 with the first draft pick.

AO and Crosby being on the same team would be great for hockey and would be an impressive sight of skill. Plus it would stop all of the stupid AO/Crosby comparisons, instead people would be saying what a great team they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad