TSN rankings are up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

They have Parshin listed at 6'0, 167 pounds.

According to CSKA's website, he's something like 5'7, 140 pounds.

Nice list.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
If I remember well, ISS had Montoya 3rd overall which raised a few eyebrows. Here he is not far, 4th overall. So ISS is not alone thinking highly of Al.

leafaholix*

Vlad The Impaler said:
If I remember well, ISS had Montoya 3rd overall which raised a few eyebrows. Here he is not far, 4th overall. So ISS is not alone thinking highly of Al.
He's low in the mock drafts because they take team needs into account.

Otherwise, Schwarz and Montoya are probably both top 6 picks.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Leafaholix said:
He's low in the mock drafts because they take team needs into account.

Otherwise, Schwarz and Montoya are probably both top 6 picks.

Yeah, but he's also lower on several ranking lists. Redline, THN have him lower. CSS it is impossible to say because of the way they rank. 3rd overall by ISS was definitly unheard of at the time.

Dr_Chimera*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Yeah, but he's also lower on several ranking lists. Redline, THN have him lower. CSS it is impossible to say because of the way they rank. 3rd overall by ISS was definitly unheard of at the time.

I don't think it's ISS - I think it's youngguns or whatever they're called.

He won't go top 4- could go 5th or 6th.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
From TSN:

30. Mike Green
TEAM: Saskatoon Blades (WHL)
CSB RANK: 9th (North American Skaters)
POSITION: Defence
HEIGHT: 6'1
WEIGHT: 191 lbs.

BOB MCKENZIE SAYS: The veteran WHL blueliner put up solid points on a very bad Saskatoon team and more than one scout wondered how much better he would look as a prospect if he had played on a team like Medicine Hat or Red Deer. Nevertheless, he’s a borderline first rounder who could easily slip to the second.

Got the same nonsense from THN.
Memo to all scouts: You're supposed to rank prospects based on their OWN talents. Not on the level of performance of their team. :shakehead :banghead:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Draftman said:
From TSN:

30. Mike Green
TEAM: Saskatoon Blades (WHL)
CSB RANK: 9th (North American Skaters)
POSITION: Defence
HEIGHT: 6'1
WEIGHT: 191 lbs.

BOB MCKENZIE SAYS: The veteran WHL blueliner put up solid points on a very bad Saskatoon team and more than one scout wondered how much better he would look as a prospect if he had played on a team like Medicine Hat or Red Deer. Nevertheless, he’s a borderline first rounder who could easily slip to the second.

Got the same nonsense from THN.
Memo to all scouts: You're supposed to rank prospects based on their OWN talents. Not on the level of performance of their team. :shakehead :banghead:

I don't understand this one either. Borderline first round? Could "easily slip to the second?" I don't see it.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
What about Radulov at 18? Is the poor showing at the combine affecting his ranking that much? I am getting giddy at the thought of the Habs having a crack at him. To get a talent like that at 18 in a so-so draft would make my saturday. :yo:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Radulov has been rated around there for as long as I can remember. I doubt he'll be on the clock that late based on skill alone, but he has alot of baggage to go along with it.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Wes O'Neill isn't even in the top 50 on this list, it seems with each passing set of rankings that come out, O'Neill has steadily gotten higher and higher.

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
#46 Justin Peters (G) Toronto St. Michaels Majors

"BOB MCKENZIE SAYS: Generally regarded as the sixth best goalie in this year’s draft, he a consensus second rounder."

CSB: 4th NA goalie.
McKeen's Hockey: #48 (B- rating = solid)

my only comment is, The Hockey News must have forgotten about him ... how was he not in there top 100? he led st. mike's to the eastern conference OHL title, was dynamite against brampton and lights out against sudbury in the play-offs, lost a tough series to mississauga in the eastern final in 6 games (his team was outscored 15-11) against highly-touted keeper david shantz, whose teammate pat o'sullivan was the only real sniper in the series (peters only big name teammate Tim Brent only had 4 goals in 18 play-off matchs), and peters had very little goal support (his team was shut-out twice!), he earned a shut-out, lost one game in overtime... he handles the puck extremely well, has good size at 6-1 and has remarkable poise in the crease ... apprenticed under pittsburgh prospect/AHL superstar Andy Chiodo in 2002/03; Peters first season in the OHL ...

degroat*

Marc the Habs Fan said:
What about Radulov at 18? Is the poor showing at the combine affecting his ranking that much? I am getting giddy at the thought of the Habs having a crack at him. To get a talent like that at 18 in a so-so draft would make my saturday. :yo:

The Blues have publicly said that they covet wingers, so I'd doubt he'll last past 17.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Because he was ''Phaneuf-ed'' as Bob said.
Something tells me a lot of careers are going to be "Phaneufed" for years to come. :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->