TSN: TSN radio reporting Pro Scout meeting

habitue*

If our leadership is traded Plekanec should get serious captaincy consideration. Subban, Pacioretty are possible assistant's.

Colorado doesn't need forwards. They need d-men. At least one other with NHL experience.

I would like Bergevin to give a push for Kyle Clifford, too.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

You're such an optimist, it's adorable.

Welcome to hell, we were literally in this position 5 years ago. And 7 years ago. And 9 years ago.

I'm optimistic because my anger is growing everyday with MB, and I just hope he will do his work the right way. The fact that he's a young GM doesn't smell good to me, as we've already seen examples of rookie mistakes, and the fact that he's been the big boss for only 1 ½ years makes him unpredictable..

But I know the hell you're talking about, I'm a fan of this team since 05! Yup, still the same story!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This is badddddddddd, Stastny is a UFA to and Patches contract is really good.

born Quebecer....Sure they can get his name on a new sheet of paper,and become the new Alex Tanquay.

4 wins in 13 soon to be 14 or 15.....bad time to trade for many reasons.

Therrien loves Talbot...so khacther for captian ...might be worth Elller?

Scary times,the smell of fleece is in the air.

Habs4thewin

Jul 4, 2007
Chill out guys... Beside the trade deadline of last season, how many trades have we seen in the entire NHL since the start of last season ?... People around here thinking that MB could make 5 moves a year are not thinking clearly... No one making trades... LA just lost their last 4 games.. Are they going to trade just for the sake of it ?... Do their fans blame their GM for that ? ... Every team have problems during the course of a season yet, we don't see much trades in the NHL these days.. What's wrong with some of you ? ...

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
If they can trade Bourque for a draft pick, I`d be ecstatic. The guy`s a waste of a roster spot and his place can be taken by Bournival/Leblanc.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Yeah...

This team has been good enough to FINISH FIRST in the recent years,but there destined to make sure this is a 10 YEAR REBUILD that doesn't even need to happen.

Trading away players isnt the issue.....you can bring in any top name here,and that doesn't change the conflict in the room.

Trading away good talent at this stage,you're GETTING LOW VALUE.....and in the panic you do deals like Mike RIBERIO FOR JANNE NIMMINA TYPE DEALS or Scott Gomez for Ryan McDounagh....

So if the plan is to start tradin away players, for the new guys to play for this same coach,say hello to rebuilding in 2021 .

What if they don't ever play better than that here ? We get stuck with them and don't get anything in return ? I know it's just speculation on their part, but I honestly wondered if they were part of the problem, the leadership group I mean... Gionta, Gorges and Markov. Gionta works hard, yeah, but is no more than a glorified 3rd liner on a good team, Gorges, well, he blocks shots and speaks loud in the locker room, but he's a 5th D on a good team, mostly. And Markov, he's been here since his beginnings, and somehow, I suspect he's one of the main antagonists in this 'mutiny' :sarcasm:

And honestly, you really think losing Gionta and Gorges, for example, would put us in full-rebuild mode ? Come on... :shakehead

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hard to get accurate information between you and WestIslander.

Sergio Momesso said that he spoke with Mellanby who told Momesso that the Habs management have scheduled an emergency pro-scout meeting for the next couple of days.

Momesso mentioned the above on Saturday, just before game time. I posted about it in two other threads. However, someone always feels compelled to start a thread when it was already posted about.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
scared yet?

how about Paul Stastny for Pacioretty

pretty smart dude ROY,,,,he knows.

Mb wont do any move unless it's a minor one, that is unless Molson demands it. One of the things mb has been trying to promote is patience. So its up to Molson for any significant change, I think.

Trying to make a move under duress usually does not end up very well, though.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
:clap::clap:
Hey guys, I'm going to throw a potential trade theory out of left field here.
I think the reason management spoke to PK before the practice wasn't to necessarily scold him, perhaps it was to alert him of a change. I think that today's rumor involving Gorges & Gionta gives merit to the thought that the Canadiens want a new leadership core in the dressing room for the future of the franchise. Maybe they were communicating that to PK for a potentially drastic shift in the future of this team.

nicely done .. I actually was getting caught up in all the negativity around here and what you just threw out there was a nice ***** slap of truth.. or at least a ***** slap of possible truth... well played.. well played :clap:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Hey guys, I'm going to throw a potential trade theory out of left field here.
I think the reason management spoke to PK before the practice wasn't to necessarily scold him, perhaps it was to alert him of a change. I think that today's rumor involving Gorges & Gionta gives merit to the thought that the Canadiens want a new leadership core in the dressing room for the future of the franchise. Maybe they were communicating that to PK for a potentially drastic shift in the future of this team.

Would be very, very cool if it happened this way. But I still don't trust this organization. This week will be interesting nonetheless.

I'm going to get such a hard-on when Gionta is traded though. Umphm.

habitue*

born Quebecer....Sure they can get his name on a new sheet of paper,and become the new Alex Tanquay.

4 wins in 13 soon to be 14 or 15.....bad time to trade for many reasons.

Therrien loves Talbot...so khacther for captian ...might be worth Elller?

Scary times,the smell of fleece is in the air.

You have too much imagination. We are talking about getting PAP, here. Not Stastny or Talbot.

Statsny might be born in QC, but he is playing for the US team ion International competition. That's where he learned his hockey and lives all his life.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
You have too much imagination. We are talking about getting PAP, here. Not Stastny or Talbot.

Statsny might be born in QC, but he is playing for the US team ion International competition. That's where he learned his hockey and lives all his life.

lol seriously, there is so many paranoids here that are convinced the frenchies are out to get them :laugh:

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Gorges may have regressed into a borderline 2nd pairing d-man over the last few years, but we should absolutely not dump him for anything less than a return that could help us in the near-term. Unless you want both Murray and Bouillon in the lineup together.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Brian Gionta + Josh Gorges + Nathan Beaulieu
Erik Johnson + PA Parenteau

COL gets a defensive D-men in Gorges to replace Johnson this year
COL also gets a PMD, which they desperately need in Beaulieu
COL also gets Gionta to replace Parenteau
COL saves tons of capspace for next year to sign O'reilly and Stastny

MON gets the RW with a little more size, younger
MON gets the RHD defenseman they need

Ready to add Diaz or mid-propect (Thomas/Leblanc/Eliis) or mid-draft pick to swing the deal

Think about it:
Markov-Subban
Emelin - Johnson
Murray - Tinordi - Diaz - Bouillon - Drewiske - Pateryn

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Ready to add Diaz or mid-propect or mid draft pick to swing the deal

Think about it:
Markov-Subban
Emelin - Johnson

We get the 2 better players, they get the antiquity, a worse D than they had before and a prospect. I doubt it is fair for Col, maybe if you get ride of PAP and put instead a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

Ready to add Diaz or mid-propect (Thomas/Leblanc/Eliis) or mid-draft pick to swing the deal

Think about it:
Markov-Subban
Emelin - Johnson

LOLL Colorado would never ever accept this trade.

habitue*

Roy wanted to be GM. He didn't want to be coach. He's both in Colorado.

No, he is not. Sherman is still the GM over there. Roy have his say over personel movement, though. That's what he wanted in Montreal. he did not want the GM job, and the administrative tasks related to that position, just the hockey development side of it.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No, he is not. Sherman is still the GM over there. Roy have his say over personel movement, though. That's what he wanted in Montreal. he did not want the GM job, and the administrative tasks related to that position, just the hockey development side of it.

He didn't want "his say". He wanted all say. He wanted Bergevin to completely relinquish his status as GM and become a cap guy for him. That is what Sherman is, he has no say in any part of the Avs team process.

habitue*

He didn't want "his say". He wanted all say. He wanted Bergevin to completely relinquish his status as GM and become a cap guy for him. That is what Sherman is, he has no say in any part of the Avs team process.

Wow.*You know that ? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->