TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
"You're all pigeons...filthy, filthy pigeons". My favourite drop.

I hope all is ok with Dangle, but his YT vids make me cringe so hard.
the constant booing in the background is great as well. its funny how O Dog just hates JFJ too, you gotta like his lack of filter.

Dreger is really, really boring, he just drags on and on.

Ferraro is fine by me.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Dangle can have some good takes, but I really wish he would grow up, very immature often enough to be annoying. The first 5 minuites of his podcast is usually him yelling and Adam laughing loudly. SKIP.

I love ODOG! I like Noodles, he is a good straightman and devil's advocate. Hayes is probably my favorite host of all time.

I'm not a huge fan of when they talk Basketball, football, golf, etc... but that is why I just skip those parts since I only listen to it via podcast.

airgordo

Feb 4, 2015
Thursday the guys were comparing toews/Kane to Matthews/marner.

Bobby Mac then said that the first time he saw toews play he reminded him of Bryan Trottier.

Is it this just me or is this the hottest of hot takes? I like bobby Mac but he sure can pile on the BS sometimes.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Thursday the guys were comparing toews/Kane to Matthews/marner.

Bobby Mac then said that the first time he saw toews play he reminded him of Bryan Trottier.

Is it this just me or is this the hottest of hot takes? I like bobby Mac but he sure can pile on the BS sometimes.

During the Wold Juniors the year Toews and Price lead Canada to gold, Pierre McGuire constantly talked about Toews being a young Bryan Trottier and how he was destined to Captain a Stanley Cup winner. Give him credit for that prediction, seems a lot of hockey insiders used Trottier as a comparison for a young Toews.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Yesterday was bad, they had Petrillo and Miller filling in for the normal guys.

Anytime Miller said anything it was "this team, (stat stat stat stat stat stat stat), stat stat stat, stat stat, stop . interrupt someone else, stat, stat stat, stat stat stat.

I left that shit show quickly.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Ha, I didn't tune in yesterday (usually listen on my ride home post-work). Saw something on twitter on who was hosting and thought, hm, didn't miss anything there.

Now to be fair, I don't think any combo is anywhere close to the three amigos, so tough sell... I don't mind Gord as much (despite every convo being stat centric), but not an Andi fan at all...do not listen to Leafs lunch anymore... cannot pinpoint what I don't like but there is something.

Man that show is gold sometimes ;-)

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
seems like the dangle podcast are strongly of the mind of use their platform to promote their opinions on political/social events which is fine but can sometimes hijack the entire show and become over the top preaching

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Anytime Miller said anything it was "this team, (stat stat stat stat stat stat stat), stat stat stat, stat stat, stop . interrupt someone else, stat, stat stat, stat stat stat.

I left that **** show quickly.

Mark Roe should replace Andy on Leafs Lunch. I like when its him and Greg Gilbert hosting.Her continued lack of basic knowledge to do with the NHL and hockey is frustrating as a listener. She is much better suited to hosting the panel on the TV broadcasts where she doesnt have to actually create content but can lead the direction of the panel members.

As an aside, "Lou's Offers" is awful and cringeworthy.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Anyways, my podcast lineup for hockey stuff is currently

Overdrive
Biscuits (Lozo and Down Goes Brown)
Puck Soup (Wyshynski and Lozo)
Hockey Central
Steve Dangle Podcast
The Full 60 (Craig Custance)
The Leafs Report (Siegel and Mirtle)
The PDO Cast (Dimitri Filipovic)
31 Thoughts (Marek and Friedman)

I really miss Marek vs Wyshynski. Its a shame ESPN/Rogers made them can it. Although im somewhat confused as I swear I still heard Wysh do an interview on The FAN590 one day.

If im really desperate for content I'll listen to ESPN on Ice (Wyshynksi and Caplan) or The Hockey news Podcast. ESPN is too structured though and doesnt discuss anything remotely controversial while I cant stand the voice and opinion of Ken Campbell from THN.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Any idea when this was? I don't want to listen to the whole thing to find it. Sounds ridiculous and I assume they didn't tell him "how great he is for not being white" and you're exaggerating to absurdity here.
He doesn't explicitly say it in literal terms but it's clearly two Southern Ontario liberals beating their chest against racism then they give it to Jesse to approve their rant. I gave the time stamp beginning at 107:30, it's about 15 to 20 minutes, it gets cringy at the end.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018

Overdrive
Hockey Central
Steve Dangle Podcast

I really miss Marek vs Wyshynski. Its a shame ESPN/Rogers made them can it. Although im somewhat confused as I swear I still heard Wysh do an interview on The FAN590 one day.
Leafs Geek (Ian Tulloch) is a great podcast too.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

I left that **** show quickly.

Miller is unbearable. He never shuts up and completely talks over whoever else is on the show. I have to change the station when he's on.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Mark Roe should replace Andy on Leafs Lunch. I like when its him and Greg Gilbert hosting.Her continued lack of basic knowledge to do with the NHL and hockey is frustrating as a listener. She is much better suited to hosting the panel on the TV broadcasts where she doesnt have to actually create content but can lead the direction of the panel members.

Leafs Lunch tries so hard to be Overdrive. They even use a bunch of ODog's sayings on a regular basis but completely butcher them. Zero originality or personality on the show.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Overdrive
Hockey Central
Steve Dangle Podcast

If im really desperate for content I'll listen to ESPN on Ice (Wyshynksi and Caplan) or The Hockey news Podcast. ESPN is too structured though and doesnt discuss anything remotely controversial while I cant stand the voice and opinion of Ken Campbell from THN.

Have you ever listened to Pulp Hockey (Ray Ferraro and Steve Matthes)? Pretty entertaining, as they go around the league and Ray gives his analysis, as well as his goofy stories from his playing days. They usually have insightful guests, too.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Have you ever listened to Pulp Hockey (Ray Ferraro and Steve Matthes)? Pretty entertaining, as they go around the league and Ray gives his analysis, as well as his goofy stories from his playing days. They usually have insightful guests, too.

I have, but I dont like the hosts voice (not Ray, the other guy) and I picked out several very basic NHL/hockey things he had wrong in the short time I listened. Generally I struggle to listen to people talk about things incorrectly

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Miller is unbearable. He never shuts up and completely talks over whoever else is on the show. I have to change the station when he's on.

im finding him annoying even calling games now, he is getting closer to romanuk imo. just talks far too much. But on a talk radio show he is unbearable

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016

Speaking of awful segments: Gerry's Percentages is way past its due date. The 'Gerry' recordings can be funny every once in a while but they spend like 12-15 minutes on the segment every time. It's way too long for a gimmicky bit. Give me good conversation instead, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad