TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I know this is about Overdrive but figured this would be the best place to ask. What happened to Dangle? He didn't do a podcast this week.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
There is a really very small amount of people that I never met personally and they make me mad beyond reason, and Dangle is one of them.
His leafs thing he used to do on youtube that somehow got him that sportsnet job irritates the hell out of me but his podcast isn't like that at all. It's usually someone else running the show.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I am more okay with Simmons than with Arthur or Cox.

You are insane, sir.

I think the word you meant to say is: young...."you are young, sir".

Anyone who lived through the mid-late 90's and into the early-mid 00's, read all the crap that Simmons wrote about the Leafs, Raptors, Mats Sundin, Vince Carter (prior to his giving up on the team), would be unable to be anywhere near ok with Steve Simmons.
Not that Damien Cox was any better at the same time period though.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I think the word you meant to say is: young...."you are young, sir".

Anyone who lived through the mid-late 90's and into the early-mid 00's, read all the crap that Simmons wrote about the Leafs, Raptors, Mats Sundin, Vince Carter (prior to his giving up on the team), would be unable to be anywhere near ok with Steve Simmons.
Not that Damien Cox was any better at the same time period though.

Woah, I said "more okay", doesn't mean I like him.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Those videos where he is spazzing out made me want to put a fork in my eye.

Ya, but that's pretty much the only way to turn youtube into money. He was a nobody at the time, and he did a good job getting noticed. It was painful, but it was just how he got his foot in the door.

I still don't actually pay any attention to the guy. I don't watch/listen to his stuff. But good for him for going from a superfan into a sports broadcasting employee.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Ya, but that's pretty much the only way to turn youtube into money. He was a nobody at the time, and he did a good job getting noticed. It was painful, but it was just how he got his foot in the door.

I still don't actually pay any attention to the guy. I don't watch/listen to his stuff. But good for him for going from a superfan into a sports broadcasting employee.
Yeah, or Sportsnet is REALLY hurting for talent.

Whatever, when do the playoffs start? Wake me up around then.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
But to be fair, Hayes is a bit handcuffed given the lack of baseball knowledge of the other two guys.......but I am sure that he would like to dive into the out of town content more often. That is why I still yearn for the Bryan Hayes show haha

I'm with you on this. Hayes is having a blast with his buddies, but his talent and potential is vastly stunted with this type of show. O'Neill is okay. And I've made no bones at all I despise Noodles with a passion. But the problem I have with Overdrive is that it is Leafs Lunch in a prime time slot. We're all diehards, but do I personally really give a crap about them dissecting the game from almost 24 hours prior? No. And just like how when Naylor was hosting the show they'd ALWAYS have Bobby Mac and Dreger on for a segment (similarly when Rogers won the rights and they forcefed Kypreos on the McCown show every day at 5:10 for the first year), I find that the Ferraro segments for an entire half hour have become tiresome.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I'm with you on this. Hayes is having a blast with his buddies, but his talent and potential is vastly stunted with this type of show. O'Neill is okay. And I've made no bones at all I despise Noodles with a passion. But the problem I have with Overdrive is that it is Leafs Lunch in a prime time slot. We're all diehards, but do I personally really give a crap about them dissecting the game from almost 24 hours prior? No. And just like how when Naylor was hosting the show they'd ALWAYS have Bobby Mac and Dreger on for a segment (similarly when Rogers won the rights and they forcefed Kypreos on the McCown show every day at 5:10 for the first year), I find that the Ferraro segments for an entire half hour have become tiresome.

The one issue that I have with Noodles is his lack of desire for other sports. He would rather watch a meaningless game between an Eichel-less Buffalo vs. Carolina instead of a big game in the NBA or NFL lol

As for Ferraro, obviously I am a bit biased (profile picture), but I absolutely love his segments. He is insightful, funny, and is loaded with hundreds of interesting stories from his playing days. I listen to his podcast (Pulp Hockey) and it keeps me entertained. The other TSN analysts can take a lap, however. Bob and Dreger have too big of a filter and unlike Ray, they do not throw people under the bus.

Reactions: Vintage93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad