TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
I can't believe PTS is beating Overdrive by that much in the ratings. I choose Overdrive everytime in that matchup. And it's usually around 5 PM when I tune in, which is the Ferraro section. That's pretty much unbeatable in Toronto sports radio in my opinion. And I agree with TMLeafer, Hayes is a big part of why the show is so good too.

Reactions: 1specter

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I have never listen to PTS. I enjoy overdrive when it is Leafs/hockey related but other sports: not so much. That I guess is personal as I don't care for them. Hayes, O dog and Noodles are all great! I cant stand Landsburg in the morning although I find myself listening for lack of better options.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I can't believe PTS is beating Overdrive by that much in the ratings. I choose Overdrive everytime in that matchup. And it's usually around 5 PM when I tune in, which is the Ferraro section. That's pretty much unbeatable in Toronto sports radio in my opinion. And I agree with TMLeafer, Hayes is a big part of why the show is so good too.

i doubt those numbers factor in podcasts, i can listen live on radio but i listen to every hour on podcast. Overdrive would have a hold on the younger market (sub 40ish) i be alot of their listeners are via podcast. While PTS has more of the older demographic 80% of which dont know what a podcast is.

Also how the hell do they calculate radio ratings?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
PTS is like listening to an old guy smoke darts and be miserable with you.

Overdrive is far and away the more entertaining show.

Reactions: RedRenegade

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

I wouldn't put much stock into radio ratings anyway.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
lol at O giving Hayes grief for gaining a few pounds on his vacay. O, you're a goddamn moose yourself, bud! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black hah

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Hayes really makes that show. It's very apparent when MacArthur fills in.

I actually enjoyed the last few shows with Scotty Mac, mainly for the baseball content. When they were talking to the baseball guys, Scotty went in depth around the league (Tampa's dumpster fire, Milwaulkee, Pittsburgh, Arrieta) rather than focusing primarily on the Blue Jays.

But to be fair, Hayes is a bit handcuffed given the lack of baseball knowledge of the other two guys.......but I am sure that he would like to dive into the out of town content more often. That is why I still yearn for the Bryan Hayes show haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->