TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm a fan of the show.

Big fan of Ray Ferraro and what he brings to the table.

The combination of all 3 of the regulars is a good mix once they get going. They can get a bit carried away with some things, but what do you expect from a 3 hour show that tries to cater to the Toronto market.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think its the best show on Toronto radio by a long shot. Most of TSN and Sportsnets shows are totally unlistenable.

TSN is a wasteland except for Overdrive and the occasional Leafs Lunch episode. Cauz, Wheeler, MacArthur are all terrible. Naylor and Landsberg are fine, they just dont have enough hockey talk. Feschuck and Simmons make my ears split with their ridiculous hot takes when they guest hosts on various shows. I actually like Game Night or whatever they call it with Jim Tatti but it never gets podcasted which is my primary method of listening. Petrillo isnt a very good host of Leafs Lunch.

PTS is by a long shot the best show on the FAN. I enjoy it. Hockey Central is fine, however due to them being the national broadcaster they feature other teams from around the league too often. Its irratating when something important is happening with regards to the Leafs then they drop the Leafs subject and have a random interview with the assistant equipment manager of the San Jose Sharks or someone equally non-important to this market. Blair is listenable but I quite frankly couldnt care less about he Jays or Raptors. so his show isnt really my cup of tea. The FANs morning show is awful. Walker I guess is fine, but I again I dont care a lick about the Jays or Raptors (or NFL).

Really, if there was a radio station that played 24/7 hockey talk I'd listen to it.

If you're looking for hockey stuff to listen to and can podcast, listen to Marek vs Wyshyski, Puck Soup, the Hockey PDO cast, the Bobcast, and The Prospect Project. The Steve Dangle Podcast is OK sometimes, but I understand not everyone appreciates all the yelling that happens on it.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I like Hogan as well. I look forward when he is subbing for one of the regulars.

I was flabbergasted when he got canned from the FAN. Hes a very good host, even with my disdain for football. I dont know why he hasnt caught on again as a full time host, when we have guys like Matt Cauz and Gareth Wheeler hosting shows.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Overdrive is still gold. I'm a big fan of O-Dog, Hayes, and Ferraro. No show really gives great insight, but they have good discussion and are quite comical.

Considering his love for peeler joints. I wonder how much damage O did on St. Catherine covering the WJC in MTL this week.

Reactions: 81Leafs50 and Smif

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Hell I'm an Oilers fan, living in Edmonton who hates the Leafs and I listen to it while I'm at work. I think Hayes is fantastic. Those guys always make me laugh.

Reactions: redbull

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
by far best sports radio show. Kind of gets annoying the oDog always trying to get out of his 3 hour a day radio show every single day, if he really can't handle that and 10 hours TV time a week maybe should cut one back, if he isn't telling a funny story he is a joke terrible analyst and knows nothing about any other sport. Ferraro excellent, like Hayes and love mclennan if he is talking about hockey.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
It isn't the same unless you have Hayes, Noodles and ODog on the show...I mean it's what made it Leafs Lunch and now Overdrive.

As soon as one guy is off due to hangovers or schedule conflict, the guy they bring in to cover just doesn't do it. No fault of their own, it's like replacing #34, 16, 29 in the lineup, not that easy.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
also when jonas siegel is on how old is the odog 13 or 14 years old? why is he bullying a guy is laugh and everything? its really cringe worthy coming from a guy who can't grow up a giant Bro is a thing to aspire too.

It really needs Hayes dog and noodles for it to work perfectly everyone knows there "lane" in that situation no one tries to go above their heads

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
also when jonas siegel is on how old is the odog 13 or 14 years old? why is he bullying a guy is laugh and everything? its really cringe worthy coming from a guy who can't grow up a giant Bro is a thing to aspire too.

It really needs Hayes dog and noodles for it to work perfectly everyone knows there "lane" in that situation no one tries to go above their heads
Naw dude, you don't bunt in softball. That is a rippable offence.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Naw dude, you don't bunt in softball. That is a rippable offence.

that is for sure. I just find him a very cringe worthy person when he isn't telling a funny story about his career he really adds no insight what so ever to the show. Now it is a needed element the funny anecdotes etc, also noodles "youse guyses" is so bad

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I like them.

But Leafs Lunch is unwatchable.
Poulin just as bad. Anytime he tries to defend the Clarkson signing (we envisioned him as a 3rd liner THEN WHY SIGN HIM FOR 7 YEARS) makes me want to punch him through the air waves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->