TSN Mock First Round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Burns...*sighs* AM I the only guy high on this guy on defense?

A couple defensemen don't make a core. Calgary looks alright for having selected Phaneuf and Ramholt when they already had Regehr, Leopold, Lydman, Gauthier, Commodore and Montador don't they?

It's not like your team is stacked on defense. At #12 they may be able to select a potential top pairing guy.

Not to mention the goal is to have excesses at every position, not just fill each position.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Russian Fan said:
Well Thelen is one of the favorites on HF but I do think Smid is a very top 10 potential on june 26th.

Guess I haven't had the chance to see the guy enough then. I tend to be high on prospects that I get to see outside of the WJC (Hensick, Thelen) but I can see where you (and TSN) are coming from saying that Smid will likely be picked over Thelen. With Carolinas track record on drafting Euros (at least ones not playing in North America), however, I don't see him going to Raleigh for anything outside an away game.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Legionnaire said:
Looks like they just drew names out of a hat after pick number six.

Then again, that's what many scouts and insiders are saying about this draft: that it is wild and the players are ranked all over the place by different people.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Burns...*sighs* AM I the only guy high on this guy on defense?

well considering you need more than just a couple good defensemen. It doesn't hurt to go deep on D...we continue to draft centers, even though we don't "need" them. If Thelen is there, I would have no problem picking him. I am high on Burns too...but we are thin after him. IMO of course.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Vlad The Impaler said:
Then again, that's what many scouts and insiders are saying about this draft: that it is wild and the players are ranked all over the place by different people.

Yeah, but they're not making stupid comments about why they have them ranked that way. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->