nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Take off Hose Head said:
They aren't even puting the USA vs Russia game on t.v. Thats a shame :shakehead

it's tape delayed.

but yeah, i have heard that TSN likes to go to bed with networks of the same gender. There's a pretty hot rumor about TSN and Sportsnet trying to get married in the States, but being rejected.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'll be watching it on RDS. :handclap:

I guess that $2 a month or whatever it is WILL be put to use this year even without the Habs playing.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
rick_tml89 said:
Check ESPN. Oh wait, they're not putting any games on TV.

they're showing tonights game because the U.S. is in it. otherwise they wouldn't. As for the gold medal game, i think they are showing it but im not 100% sure.

As for the U.S. - Russia Semi-Final, in canada it's being shown on RDS so if you have it, watch it.

Bloody Sabbath

Feb 29, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Are they really? I was in the states the past week and didn't catch a single game on ESPN...had to listen online. They showed flag football :lol . ESPN blows.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
rick_tml89 said:
Are they really? I was in the states the past week and didn't catch a single game on ESPN...had to listen online. They showed flag football :lol . ESPN blows.

All the USA games, except for the USA/Czech game, have been shown on ESPN2, either live or tape delay.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
nomorekids said:
it's tape delayed.

but yeah, i have heard that TSN likes to go to bed with networks of the same gender. There's a pretty hot rumor about TSN and Sportsnet trying to get married in the States, but being rejected.

:lol: That is some funny stuff!

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
the reason why the USA-Russia game isnt being shown on TSN is because of Sunday Night (NFL) Football. TSN paid big bucks to get the Canadian Rights for the game, not to mention advertising rights where purchased way in advance for this game, thus they couldnt show the hockey game if they wanted.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
A Lone Wolf said:
the reason why the USA-Russia game isnt being shown on TSN is because of Sunday Night (NFL) Football. TSN paid big bucks to get the Canadian Rights for the game, not to mention advertising rights where purchased way in advance for this game, thus they couldnt show the hockey game if they wanted.
Correct and i'm fine with that. What TSN should be doing is showing the game on the NHL Network live- why the hell not? Then show the taped delay version on TSN overnight and tomorrow afternoon.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Dan "The Tool" just showed Canada highlights during Sportscentre Update and then said the US-Russia game is tomorrow night... :lol

Wow...TSN isn't even aware they dropped the ball on this one...could you imagine the outrage if Canada was playing in the night game...they would have had to reclose the highway cuz a herd of "monsters" would have been coming south to rain on TSN's parade!!!

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
Why does there have to be so many threads on this? Its stupid.. they had prior commitments that they can't break.. an NFL game will get better ratings than a US - Russia WJC game...

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
salostyle said:
Wow...TSN isn't even aware they dropped the ball on this one..

Considering TSN is covering the game, I'm pretty sure they didn't drop anything. It will be shown tommorow night, because (as mentioned) they have a commitment to show Sunday Night Football, like they have every other Sunday since September.

I'm kind of dissapointed that the NHL Network isn't showing this game live, since they're owned by the same people as TSN and often use their telecasts. Instead they're Showing Boston University vs. Minnesota right now.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
BAuldie said:
Why does there have to be so many threads on this? Its stupid.. they had prior commitments that they can't break.. an NFL game will get better ratings than a US - Russia WJC game...

Exactly. People on these boards have to realize that they may have a far greater interest in this game than the general sports viewer.

They will be showing the game on Monday - in prime time! It's not like they are ignoring it.

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
I'm not really sure that a meaningless Sunday night football game will get higher ratings then the US/Russia game. If the NFL game tonight had any playoff significance, then yes it would probably get higher ratings, but it has no significance. I actually think that tomorrows RAW (which is being bumped by US/Russia) would have gotten higher ratings then tonights Sunday night football game.

Oh well, not my problem... I have RDS.

Freezerburn

Mar 20, 2003
Zednik20 said:
I'll be watching it on RDS. :handclap:

I guess that $2 a month or whatever it is WILL be put to use this year even without the Habs playing.

It's on RDS eh? *checks guide* Hey, I have that channel.

I can dig the french for this game, just have to dust off some of my basic grade 9 french comprehension skills.

Is the game radio broadcast over the web? If so I'll just mute the tv and turn my speaker volume up.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Freezerburn said:
It's on RDS eh? *checks guide* Hey, I have that channel.

I can dig the french for this game, just have to dust off some of my basic grade 9 french comprehension skills.

Is the game radio broadcast over the web? If so I'll just mute the tv and turn my speaker volume up.

My dad used to do that in Quebec in the 50's and early 60's.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Hey, for those who have digital cable... January is "Free Preview" month, at least for Shaw. It might be worth going to RDS whether you subscribe or not - it might be there anyway. Has anyone who doesn't get RDS tried it yet?

Freezerburn

Mar 20, 2003
Seachd said:
Hey, for those who have digital cable... January is "Free Preview" month, at least for Shaw. It might be worth going to RDS whether you subscribe or not - it might be there anyway. Has anyone who doesn't get RDS tried it yet?

It is the free preview month with Bell Expressvu as well, which is why I am enjoying this game right now.

And as for my muting idea, it doesn't work because the internet feeds are slightly delayed and do not sycronize att all with the RDS broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->