TSN Insiders Jan. 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

OilerFan4Life said:
I think you guys are being to hard on Healy. I mean he was once a great goaltender..........oh wait no he wasnt!

Just LOOKING at Healy makes me throw things uncontrollably at my T.V. set but I will admit this though-When he was in the pipes for NYI vs. the Penguins in the playoffs when Pittsburgh had Mario AND Jagr in their primes and was making 40ish saves per game (1/3 of which was WICKEDLY AWESOME quality)-Well, that was the best display of goaltending I've ever seen in that series and it kills me to admit it because I think he's a total moron who, the more I listen to him, seems to know less about the game of hockey then the 16 year old grocery bagger guy down the street...

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
Gary said:
Just LOOKING at Healy makes me throw things uncontrollably at my T.V. set but I will admit this though-When he was in the pipes for NYI vs. the Penguins in the playoffs when Pittsburgh had Mario AND Jagr in their primes and was making 40ish saves per game (1/3 of which was WICKEDLY AWESOME quality)-Well, that was the best display of goaltending I've ever seen in that series and it kills me to admit it because I think he's a total moron who, the more I listen to him, seems to know less about the game of hockey then the 16 year old grocery bagger guy down the street...

I can't stand him now, but as an Isles fan i loved him when he played, until he became a rag of course. He carried the team on his back after the headhunter took out Turgeon that year.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
Curious...What was the most this sieve, Healy made a year in the NHL ??? He was stealing money if he made over 300k !!! STIFF !!!
As a backup for the Leafs, he made 1M...(don't quote me, I think I remember reading that)

YellHockey*

Lil' Jimmy Norton said:
I agree, but they could find somebody with a little more credibility dont ya think ?

TSN is a partner of the NHL. You don't think they'd risk their partnership by hiring someone credible to expose Bettman's deceit and hypocrisy, do you?

Vomiting Kermit*

Healy is a ****ing idiot. Earlier this year, he called himself an "elite" goalie. Not to mention two years ago in the playoffs, he came up with one of the worst phrases I've ever heard, saying "the Oilers have a new player on their team; his name is 'Mo', as in 'momentum.'" :shakehead

BLONG7 said:
As a backup for the Leafs, he made 1M...(don't quote me, I think I remember reading that)
Leafs give anyone a $1M... Belak was supposed to make that this season. :shakehead

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
BLONG7 said:

Here's his salary history.

1989-90 180,000 $
1990-91 210,000 $
1991-92 240,000 $
1992-93 250,000 $
1993-94 850,000 $
1994-95 900,000 $
1995-96 975,000 $
1996-97 950,000 $
1997-98 1,200,000 $
1998-99 1,200,000 $
1999-00 1,300,000 $
2000-01 400,000 $

Total: $8.65 million

Not bad for a guy with a 172-193-48 career mark.

http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/searc...ies-test.txt&key2=1497&action=searchdbdisplay

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
CarlRacki said:
Here's his salary history.

1989-90 180,000 $
1990-91 210,000 $
1991-92 240,000 $
1992-93 250,000 $
1993-94 850,000 $
1994-95 900,000 $
1995-96 975,000 $
1996-97 950,000 $
1997-98 1,200,000 $
1998-99 1,200,000 $
1999-00 1,300,000 $
2000-01 400,000 $

Total: $8.65 million

Not bad for a guy with a 172-193-48 career mark.

http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/searc...ies-test.txt&key2=1497&action=searchdbdisplay

Yep he was stealing money !!! Elite Goaltender ??? Maybe in my beer league. The NHLPA wonders why the Owners have locked them out ???? !!!

Tom_Benjamin

Sep 8, 2003
www.canuckscorner.com
mudcrutch79 said:
Burke opened up, and he was optimistic.

It's a non-starter in my opinion. If it is anything other than a laundry list of possible approaches discussed last week and if there was any chance at all the NHLPA would accept it, we don't hear about it this way.

The fact that this was leaked the way the last one was leaked - a memo sent to all 30 teams that found it's way mysteriously to Brian Burke and Arthur Griffiths - tells me the NHLPA already told the NHL to take a hike. The players are not going to take an arbitrary percentage of artificially defined revenues even if they get a piece of the artificial profits.

The next thing the NHL has to do - the only thing the NHL should do - is table a complete offer, all "i'"s dotted and all "t"s crossed. Like the NHL puts these ideas on the table on January 29th and expect people to take them seriously.

Even if the players were prepared to cave on linkage, they can't now and save the season. They have to start by defining revenues, which means they start with an independent audit of 30 teams and 30 related entities. How much of luxury boxes should count as hockey revenue? They can take weeks to decide that. Then they haggle about the percentage. Then they get into all the ancillary issues. It is easy to amend an old CBA. It is not easy to take a brand new economic system and translate that into a CBA.

This is public relations, the "lame offer" Pronger predicted the owners would make at the 11th hour. The issue is linkage, the players won't take it, and the owners did not expect to play the season this year. If the NHL is to get its way, the earliest we could reasonable expect a CBA is months away. The players had to cave in December at the latest and they didn't. Now? The players don't have any reason to negotiate anything until next September.

I'm betting the NHLPA flatly told the NHL "no" on all of this last week. Instead of sticking with the agreement to not comment on what happened last week, the NHL leaked out the "offer" oops, the "proposal", oops, the "concept" this way. Pretty bush.

Lets see the offer. Put it on the website, Gary.

Tom

Lanny MacDonald*

BlackRedGold said:
TSN is a partner of the NHL. You don't think they'd risk their partnership by hiring someone credible to expose Bettman's deceit and hypocrisy, do you?

Holy conspiracy theory! What's next? Michael Lansburg gunned down Kennedy? :shakehead

AdvDave

Jan 27, 2005
Tom_Benjamin said:
This is public relations, the "lame offer" Pronger predicted the owners would make at the 11th hour.
Tom

Wait a second. You are putting stock in what Pronger says. Pronger? Really? Pronger? And you are quoting him?

Any deal where Pronger doesn't see 10 million dollars a year is a lame deal in that guy's mind.

Tell your buddy Pronger that he will be playing under a super "lame deal" sooner or later.

BTW, you ever noticed how small that dude's head is? Like a bb on a telephone pole.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Do any of you remember the time back in September when he said somehting to the extent of:

"Goodenow even got the plumbers good money in the old CBA. Even I got payed well as a backup long after my early all-star seasons"

all-star seasons? This guy is a complete and utter tool.

YellHockey*

The Iconoclast said:
Holy conspiracy theory! What's next? Michael Lansburg gunned down Kennedy? :shakehead

OK. If you believe it's a conspiracy theory, fine.

Now go ahead and present a logical argument why Glen Healy has a job at TSN.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
BlackRedGold said:
OK. If you believe it's a conspiracy theory, fine.

Now go ahead and present a logical argument why Glen Healy has a job at TSN.

'Cause TSN was looking for a bigger turd, but Alfredsson had already left the continent. :D :joker:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Tom_Benjamin said:
The fact that this was leaked the way the last one was leaked - a memo sent to all 30 teams that found it's way mysteriously to Brian Burke and Arthur Griffiths - tells me the NHLPA already told the NHL to take a hike. The players are not going to take an arbitrary percentage of artificially defined revenues even if they get a piece of the artificial profits.
Tom

How exactly is the money offered by the Owners... "artificial" yet the very same amount offered by Players is acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad