TSN give your head a shake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
SENATOR said:
Russians in hockey as Brazilians in soccer. I would take any Russian game over any Canadian one. Boring and stupid as english soccer. Russian hockey is pure magic and it is time for stupid TSN to wake up. They have to follow Malkin to the bathroom to show off the comming of the next hockey GOD, but we all see their racism toward Ovechkin, the best NHL player after Kovalchuk. It is just so freaking sad, that this cold war menatlity is still here. Only in Toronto we have almost 700 000 thousands russian speaking population and close to million around Canada and how many Americans???? On top of that, there are 2.5 million Ukranian-Canadians. Do not forget that Gretzky grandparents immigrated from what was Russian land for the last 12 centuries. I want TSN heads to be fired for ignoring hard working Russian-Canadians.

Last time I checked, Team Canada rather handily beat your beloved Russians. So, Canadian Hockey must be doing something right. Oh yes, they took it to the next hockey "Gods". Russian hockey isn't pure magic. The fact that they're hiring Canadians to help re-organize Russian hockey speaks in volumes. And if you really believe that Malkin is the 2nd coming, then I know the person who is gonna put him in his place. His name is Jeff Carter and he dominated against Malkin at the 04-05 WJC. As for cold war mentality, it's not that at all. Listen to the Russians. They whine and complain about everything. I'll state one name and it is everything that is wrong with Russian hockey. Alexei Yashin. As for Toronto and Russian speaking populations, etc.....lets remember that Russians came HERE to get away from the regime over THERE. Key word. They came HERE. They aren't Russian anymore. They're Canadian. Welcome to North America. If you don't like it here, pack your stuff and go back to Russia then. Get used to TSN playing CANADIAN games over RUSSIAN games. It is CANADA's sports network, not RUSSIA's.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
BobbyClarkeFan16 said:
If you don't like it here, pack your stuff and go back to Russia then. Get used to TSN playing CANADIAN games over RUSSIAN games. It is CANADA's sports network, not RUSSIA's.

Welcome to the freeeeeeeeeeee country :shakehead

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
SENATOR said:
Russians in hockey as Brazilians in soccer. I would take any Russian game over any Canadian one. Boring and stupid as english soccer. Russian hockey is pure magic and it is time for stupid TSN to wake up. They have to follow Malkin to the bathroom to show off the comming of the next hockey GOD, but we all see their racism toward Ovechkin, the best NHL player after Kovalchuk. It is just so freaking sad, that this cold war menatlity is still here. Only in Toronto we have almost 700 000 thousands russian speaking population and close to million around Canada and how many Americans???? On top of that, there are 2.5 million Ukranian-Canadians. Do not forget that Gretzky grandparents immigrated from what was Russian land for the last 12 centuries. I want TSN heads to be fired for ignoring hard working Russian-Canadians.

:amazed: Wow, I don't have the time to even start telling you where you're wrong with this post. I don't think you'd hear it anyway, it seems you're way too far gone for logic. I suppose 70 years of Soviet propaganda will do that to a person.

tsar

BobbyClarkeFan16 said:
Last time I checked, Team Canada rather handily beat your beloved Russians.

In past 6 years Russia eliminated Canada 12 times out of 13… Just some food for thought …

tsar

They came HERE. They aren't Russian anymore. They're Canadian
2 dumb statements in a row.
Please .... continue © Samuel L. Jackson
I live in US and know quite a few Canadians that came here to convert their snow pesos in to real dollars and still remained CANADIAN and not American.. Is that bad?
:loony:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
SENATOR said:

Well at least you're not bitter about it :sarcasm:

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
tsar said:
2 dumb statements in a row.
Please .... continue © Samuel L. Jackson
I live in US and know quite a few Canadians that came here to convert their snow pesos in to real dollars and still remained CANADIAN and not American.. Is that bad?
:loony:

While I agree with the point you are making here about assimilation, it is beyond ridiculous for anyone to expect a Canadian sports channel to show a Russian hockey game over Team Canada.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
SENATOR said:
This has to be a joke. Canadian hockey is far from boring. You want boring? Haul out the tape of the worst hockey game ever played. The 2000 World junior final between Russia and the Czechs. TSN covered your Russians that day and punished us for nearly three hours. I'll watch pretty well any hockey game but there is no way the TSN truck would be setting up shop anywhere other than Vancouver right now. They have a junior/NHL double header tonite . Fairly bizarre diatribe. I was sour about the US game being in HD only but I guess its a way to promote HD programming. We'll see the Russians in this tourney yet so hold your shirt.

tsar

Nazzy-19 said:
While I agree with the point you are making here about assimilation, it is beyond ridiculous for anyone to expect a Canadian sports channel to show a Russian hockey game over Team Canada.
Never did I say they should have shown Russia game over Canadian. I believe people questioned the choice on USA / Norway game over Russia / Sweden.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Its all about ratings.

Canada's games are going to rate highest because its CANADA. Sure, the Russians have a heck of a team but many Canadians could care less about Russian games I know I really don't. Many people, such as you, do care and that is fine. However, the ratings for a Russia-Finland game are not going to be even close to a Canada-Finland game. TSN shows the games to make money and not just for the fun and enjoyment of it.

Look at NBC's olympic coverage. You won't see any Russian hockey games or Canadian bobsled coverage on it. They only show events with Americans----events that Americans do well in. Why???? Ratings and nothing else.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
tsar said:
Never did I say they should have shown Russia game over Canadian. I believe people questioned the choice on USA / Norway game over Russia / Sweden.

Same thing here. The boost in ratings from a Russia/Sweden game would get on TSNHD over US/Norway would not justify TSN sending an entire other crew to Kamloops. They simply decided it was not worth the money, I would think.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
SENATOR said:

Yeah those exciting clutch and grab russia super league games eh? :biglaugh:

Are you for real? *** does TSN owe Russian Canadians anything? This country has WAY more people with ties to the USA then compare to Russia. Take your old world train of thought nationalist garbage and move back to mother russia!

Stop living in the 19th century and yes you don't have to marry russian blood.

tsar

syc said:
Yeah those exciting clutch and grab russia super league games eh? :biglaugh:

Are you for real? *** does TSN owe Russian Canadians anything? This country has WAY more people with ties to the USA then compare to Russia. Take your old world train of thought nationalist garbage and move back to mother russia!

Stop living in the 19th century and yes you don't have to marry russian blood.
I don’t think Canadian station owes anything to Russian-Canadians but its sure as hell more exciting to watch Rus/Swe game rather than US trashing Norway…

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
SENATOR said:
Wow, that is SO low. First of all, you don't expect TSN to favor Russian games over Canadian games do you? I mean TSN calls itself Canada's sports network, not Russia's sports network. Like it or not, you live in Canada so you have to accept that Canadians prefer Team Canada no matter how crappy we play, we love our team no matter what. Is that too much to ask? Second, if you're complaining that TSN rather shows USA's games over Russia's, then why do you have to insult Canadian hockey? That is a cheap shot and uncalled for. As for the 2.5 million of Ukranian ancestry, they're not the ones who complain because they ARE Canadians. I don't think they prefer seeing Russia just because their ancesters were Slavs. And go ask Gretzky what he is and he will tell you he is Canadian, nothing else. Maybe one day, your kids will call themselves Canadians too.

Last edited:

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
BobbyClarkeFan16 said:
Last time I checked, Team Canada rather handily beat your beloved Russians. So, Canadian Hockey must be doing something right. Oh yes, they took it to the next hockey "Gods". Russian hockey isn't pure magic. The fact that they're hiring Canadians to help re-organize Russian hockey speaks in volumes. And if you really believe that Malkin is the 2nd coming, then I know the person who is gonna put him in his place. His name is Jeff Carter and he dominated against Malkin at the 04-05 WJC. As for cold war mentality, it's not that at all. Listen to the Russians. They whine and complain about everything. I'll state one name and it is everything that is wrong with Russian hockey. Alexei Yashin. As for Toronto and Russian speaking populations, etc.....lets remember that Russians came HERE to get away from the regime over THERE. Key word. They came HERE. They aren't Russian anymore. They're Canadian. Welcome to North America. If you don't like it here, pack your stuff and go back to Russia then. Get used to TSN playing CANADIAN games over RUSSIAN games. It is CANADA's sports network, not RUSSIA's.

Here in europe they teach us that USA and Canada are the freedom land, where the tolerance reigns and everyone can live his life with the best of it.

Are they wrong?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I generally agree that TSN has no obligation to show Russia's games or anyone's games other than Canada's... and even then they dont really have to. Then again, I personally like to see competative games rather than the Americans humilate 2-3 weak teams.

Anyways, I just have to interject on this post full to the brim, and in fact overflowing with biggotry. The post by the Russian guy who sparked so much discussion was pretty bad in certain aspects and not in accordance with social diplomacy, yet this is far worse.

First of, beating the Russian Juniors without Malkin (and a score of other things like wingers centering lines) 8-1 in exhibition is like beating the 83-84 Oilers during preseason with Gretzky not playing or beating the 72' edition of the Russians in a training match after the actual series when Kharlamov was in the hospital courtesy of Mr. Clarke. (Who I notice this poster is a fan of :confused: )

Secondly, like it or not, Russians are to hockey what Brazilians are to football. They may not win every time as a time, they may not be the most useful players outthere... yet generally speaking or stereotypically they are the ones with the most skill + flair and are usually the most fun to watch for an unbaised unbiggoted unxenophobic fan of hockey.

There is only one man employed in Russian hockey who is of any importance that is Canadian that I can name. Mr King is doing a fine job coaching Metallurg Magnitigorsk I must say. Other than that, I cant name any, I would be VERY impressed if you could without doing some research. Thats not saying much, I can only name a handful of Russians that are majourly involved in Canadian hockey: just that there is no reorganization of Russian hockey by Canadians.... thanks for lying.

Mr. Yashin is a fine hockey player, his season and career totals are quite impressive. He has captained both the NHL teams he has played for in the Ottawa Senators and the New York Islanders. From what I hear he is doing a mighty fine job as the captain of the Isles. He has also been a model player for team Russia: playing in every single World Championship he could unlike many and working hard in each one for his country. What you're judging him by is the negative spin put on him by the media due to difficulties with his club. No he is not lazy, he hasn't really had the chance to perform in the playoffs on a decent team, and you're just saying Yashin is whats wrong with hockey because such is the trend and considered fashionable.

Jeff Carter is gonna put Malkin in his place. Ok, I'll write that down and see if it comes to pass. Regardless, I like how you generalize that all Russians are whiners that complain over nothing. Interestingly, it makes me want to consider you an idiot who dosen't deserve to be a Canadian as we are a multicultural nation.

No matter where a person lives and no matter where he came from YOU personally have no right to tell them if they are Canadian, Russian, or from Myanmar with roots in Ghana. There documents tell one story, but really its their freakin desicion. Just because they live in Canada, they dont have to support Canada... if they left Russia some quite time ago... presumably thats one of the reasons they left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macman

May 15, 2004
Slitty said:
Secondly, like it or not, Russians are to hockey what Brazilians are to football.

The Russians don't win enough to ever be considered the Brazilians of hockey. Russia's record in best-on-best tournaments is terrible. The England of hockey is more like it.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
kidhander said:
Here in europe they teach us that USA and Canada are the freedom land, where the tolerance reigns and everyone can live his life with the best of it.

Are they wrong?

If your going to base your thoughts on what's posted here, GOD help you!

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Macman said:
The Russians don't win enough to ever be considered the Brazilians of hockey. Russia's record in best-on-best tournaments is terrible. The England of hockey is more like it.

Depends what you mean under "Brazilians" and what tournaments can be called "best-on-best".

tsar

Macman said:
Read the original post… He was talking about style not wins…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad