TSN forget Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Top 5 scoring for Crosby

Nash getting 60 goals and being compared to The Rocket

Marty and Ilya not even on the list?

If Crosby is only ‘good’ in his rookie season TSN might have to look at the other 699 players for media coverage, that is assuming that they still know their names.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Mackattack said:
If Ovechkin scores 50 points this year, I will be very suprised. Washington, as it stands now, is probably one of the worst teams to be iced in a long time. He's gonna have nobody to play with!

I'd bet my left arm he scores at least 30 goals and 50 points this season.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Captain Conservative said:
I'd bet my left arm he scores at least 30 goals and 50 points this season.
Agreed. He's going to have Cassels, Zubrus, Friesen, Halpern, Sutherby, Gordon, and that's probably all he's going to need. That and he'll be double shifted and receive all the ice time he wants. If anything, that's a recipe for boosted numbers.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
Drake1588 said:
Well, tonight isn't really an adequate barometer, given Pittsburgh's roster. If the Flyers bring their nearly starting roster tomorrow, that should help quite a bit.

It can be to some extent. This is the same squad that Crosby was only able to manage one scrimage goal against.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
TSN Article Title...
"Ovechkin's four points ices Penguins"

I love it [sarcasm]
They make it sound like he had a goal and a few assists or something. LOL.

He could have had 4 goals if Halpern was not in the way.

Sammy*

SethKeggins said:
TSN Article Title...
"Ovechkin's four points ices Penguins"

I love it [sarcasm]
They make it sound like he had a goal and a few assists or something. LOL.

He could have had 4 goals if Halpern was not in the way.

Yeah, the whole world is against Ovechkin. It will be the most amazing feat if he is able to overcome the mountains of bias against him.

Alfons

May 3, 2004
Like someone said, TSN are Pejorative Slurs and people outside Canada don´t take them too seriously i think. They have allready decided that Crosby is the best, he is the one to watch etc. but Ovechkin is a different player, stronger and with a better shot and more of a goalscorer while Crosby is more of a playmaker, but still Ovechkin may end up better. They could make it a battle of the two, but they choose to hype Crosby and kind of neglect Ovechkin. Pathetic.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Maybe nobody cares because he plays for a team that is rebuilding and will be very bad for a long time, with or without him.

There have been great players in poor markets before him that have had great seasons and were hardly noticed.

Sammy*

Alfons said:
Like someone said, TSN are Pejorative Slurs and people outside Canada don´t take them too seriously i think. They have allready decided that Crosby is the best, he is the one to watch etc. but Ovechkin is a different player, stronger and with a better shot and more of a goalscorer while Crosby is more of a playmaker, but still Ovechkin may end up better. They could make it a battle of the two, but they choose to hype Crosby and kind of neglect Ovechkin. Pathetic.
Whats pathetic is you dont have a clue. Crosby is Canadian. TSN is a Canadian station. They follow Crosby closer than Ovechkin. Imagine that.
Do you really think that Russia TV doesnt follow the goings on of Ovechkin closer than Crosby?
\Get a grip.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Lionel Hutz said:
Maybe nobody cares because he plays for a team that is rebuilding and will be very bad for a long time, with or without him.

There have been great players in poor markets before him that have had great seasons and were hardly noticed.

So, what happens to the Pens when Mario and Company are sent out to pasture?

I guess Crosby and the heralded prospects that have recieved jack for playing time (since Gramps and Company have taken their spots) are all going to bust out right away.

Hah.

I mean, it's only taken their 'tankin *cough* "rebuilding" 3 or 4 seasons so far. Pretty bad when you've got to sign washed up players like Leclair to move along a rebuild that was heading south.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Lionel Hutz said:

Let me start by saying that yes, the talk about Ovechkin not getting the press that Crosby is getting is almost as tiresome as the Crosby hype itself (actually....the Cosby hype is much more over the top)....as for me, I dont really care either way, just calling it like I see it......but...IMO Crosby would be getting just as much hype if he were playing in Washington as he is now......so I disagree with your thoughts that its mainly because AO plays for "a team that is rebuilding and will be very bad for a long time..."

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
king4you said:
Ovechkin is not on the list because of the team he plays for.

So true, if he was on a decent team he would be the #1, but he's all alone there on Capital hill, I hope he does good, but he's gotta be a one man show.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
alecfromtherock said:
Top 5 scoring for Crosby

Nash getting 60 goals and being compared to The Rocket

Marty and Ilya not even on the list?

If Crosby is only ‘good’ in his rookie season TSN might have to look at the other 699 players for media coverage, that is assuming that they still know their names.

Has Ilya even signed yet? It would be kinda tough to watch him in Russia. :dunno:

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Mothra said:
but...IMO Crosby would be getting just as much hype if he were playing in Washington as he is now......so I disagree with your thoughts that its mainly because AO plays for "a team that is rebuilding and will be very bad for a long time..."

Point taken. I maintain that it is a contributing factor, and accept that the other main factor is that Cros is Canadian.

We've seen Canadian players like, for example, Kariya, go largely unnoticed while doing some great things in Anaheim. Perhaps not the same levels of hype in play there.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Crosby pimping is hilarious. But the only thing that truly matters is how Ovechkin, Crosby, Nash, Zherdev, etc. perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad