Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
pkwjr said:
Eklund is all over the CBA talks.

Info Trickles In...
Very little information coming out at this hour. However what is coming out is only positive....The first source to go on the record said this to me, "From what I am hearing there is work to do, but the work is getting done. This was the most productive and maybe the most positive work week to date."
I will report back when and if more information becomes available

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/
Can we all make a deal? Pleeeease?

I don't mind people posting Eklund stuff, as it's part of the perks he gets for apparently in talks to be hosted by Someone Important.

But can we not editorialize about his greatness each time you post? There's several different opinions about him around here, and saying either "This is junk because it's Eklund, but here's what he says" or "Here's what the bestest most brightest guy in this whole mess, Eklund, has to say about this" is just asking for a sarcastic response from someone that would derail the whole thread.

For the record, I feel this way about all comments about reporters, whether it's "Larry Brooks is a PA schill" or "dude, I'd have Bob McKenzie's babies for telling us this." Just say what they say and talk about the information presented, not the guy presenting it.

And to make this post on topic, I'm pleased with the directions of these talks, but the sheer length of time more and more leads me to the conclusion that the offers in February from both sides were more PR moves than honest bargaining attempts.

WC Handy*

The Macho Man said:
Enough with Eklund. He said it himself: everything he posts are rumours. Doesn't mean a thing.

Everything reported about the lockout not directly from the mouths of the 4 main guys involved is a rumor, including the 'league sources' that provided information to the TSN article.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Come on... Don't start this again this is a CBA thread not a Eklund thread; there's been like 3 of them since yesterday who were all locked so this discussion is just useless.

They changed the "It'll be done in the next 2 weeks" to "If it's not done next week, it'll likely be in the first week of July". I just can't wait for an announcement anymore, this is killing me...

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
pkwjr said:
Eklund is all over the CBA talks.

Info Trickles In...
Very little information coming out at this hour. However what is coming out is only positive....The first source to go on the record said this to me, "From what I am hearing there is work to do, but the work is getting done. This was the most productive and maybe the most positive work week to date."
I will report back when and if more information becomes available

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

For real, it seems like you were waiting for the Eklund ban to be lifted so you can post anything from him. I think we all know where Eklunds site is, so no need to jump all over an update saying "Nothing yet.."

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
hockeynut11 said:
I think it is a good sign that they aren't working through the weekend. I am optimistic that a deal will get done early or late next week. It is good that they're moving the meetings back to New York. Isn't that where a PC would occur?

I don't know... what worries me is them passing into mid-to-late July, because then either talks will hit a pressure point, which means things may blow up, or the season will start later or may be shortened slightly

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Duff88 said:
Come on... Don't start this again this is a CBA thread not a Eklund thread; there's been like 3 of them since yesterday who were all locked so this discussion is just useless.

They changed the "It'll be done in the next 2 weeks" to "If it's not done next week, it'll likely be in the first week of July". I just can't wait for an announcement anymore, this is killing me...

Agreed, Allthough if Steve Simmons or Al Strachan ever post here I'd probably get myself banned with the things I'd say to them.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Radek27 said:
That is what really ticks me off! This whole thing could have been avoided.
:madfire:

It's true, allthough they were farther apart then, it was a time when the League said "CAP" and the PA responded with "No CAP"

I thought Daly and Saskin were going to kill each toher during the 2nd Intermission of Canada vs Finland.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
My sources tell me that Bettman is staying in Toronto over the weekend, and since he lives in NY that could only be to make further progress. I say it's done by late next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->