TSN: Tsn.ca's 2014-15 nhl season preview: Calgary flames

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not sure if this deserves it's own thread, but wasn't sure where else to link; mods move if necessary.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=461269

I thought it was a pretty good write-up (they even seemed to know what position most of our players play), with the exception of throwing Ramo unfairly under the bus for the early part of the year and then not mentioning that he provided extremely strong goaltending down the stretch. I'm sure that by "poor goaltending" in the early part of the year he meant games like in San Jose where Ramo was absolutely hung out to dry 6 times by his defence.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Am I alone in thinking Granlund has a little more to prove before he can be considered an A-list prospect, especially ahead of Reinhart on the depth chart? They even had Janko as an A-lister ahead of Reinhart ffs.. where's the love?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Am I alone in thinking Granlund has a little more to prove before he can be considered an A-list prospect, especially ahead of Reinhart on the depth chart? They even had Janko as an A-lister ahead of Reinhart ffs.. where's the love?

I thought it was odd that McDonald, a 2nd-rounder in a weaker draft, was A-list compared to Poirier and Klimchuk, two first-rounders in a stronger draft, also a full year ahead in development.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I feel the love from TSN for once lol.

It's strange, I'm so use to them ******** all over us that this was shocking having little negativity.

As I said in another thread. Flames are rebuilding in the proper way, I'm digging it, the fans should too.

I feel that this will be a bit of a tough year... But he'll, it's the perfect year to have a bad one honestly.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I want a Bollig/Bouma/Byron pest line, and then we can call them the "Not The B's!!!!" line.

I like this idea.

We'll just need someone with some skill in paint/photoshop to replace the bees with pictures of Bollig/Bouma/Byron

not-the-bees.png

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
It's almost like Granlund took my previous comments to heart, the way he played last night lol sure, these might be virtually meaningless games aside from being an opportunity for the young guys to show what they've got, but he really seems intent on making the case for himself that he deserves to considered a cut above the rest, and to start the year on a solid note.. I know I'll be keeping a closer eye on him. Definitely has the skills to eventually be a top-6 NHL'er; perhaps it's becoming more a matter of not whether he'll make an impact, but rather where can we make room for him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's almost like Granlund took my previous comments to heart, the way he played last night lol sure, these might be virtually meaningless games aside from being an opportunity for the young guys to show what they've got, but he really seems intent on making the case for himself that he deserves to considered a cut above the rest, and to start the year on a solid note.. I know I'll be keeping a closer eye on him. Definitely has the skills to eventually be a top-6 NHL'er; perhaps it's becoming more a matter of not whether he'll make an impact, but rather where can we make room for him.

I think its been mentioned quite a few times in the past but Granlund is extremely competitive. Possibly the most competitive guy in our system. Not surprising at all that hes giving it his all, even in a throw away tournament. Exciting prospect for sure.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
After reading this:

Key 2014 Additions: F Brandon Bollig, D Deryk Engelland, G Jonas Hiller, F Mason Raymond, F Devin Setoguchi

Key 2014 Subtractions: D Chris Butler, F Mike Cammalleri, F T.J. Galiardi, C Blair Jones, G Joey MacDonald, D Shane O'Brien, D Derek Smith, F Ben Street

I notice there is improvement on the team all around (Diaz & Brookbank also potential additions) A relatively healthy lineup could lead to... optimism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad