TSN.CA 1st Mock draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Flames Go*

Who is this Enver Lisin, does he have a offensive upside or not, because the Flames need to stock pile on some offensive players in the draft, because it seems like Nystrom is gonna be a bust.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Go Flames Go said:
Who is this Enver Lisin, does he have a offensive upside or not, because the Flames need to stock pile on some offensive players in the draft, because it seems like Nystrom is gonna be a bust.

Lisin is the fastest player in the draft, bar none. He's definitely a potential high-scoring forward.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't think too many NHL teams use the Best-player available motto very often when it comes to goaltending. Goaltending is a different animal. I think each organization likes to have a certain amount of goalie prospects but it makes no sense to have 25 of them, now does it?

The Kings NEED a goaltender, so that's why they'll grab one early. I think somebody will have to take the other first-round lock netminder (Schwarz or Montoya), so my money is on St. Louis. Then, maybe Edm grabs Dubnyk with their second first rounder (partly because he's local), and then maybe TB grabs a Schneider or Shantz to end Round 1. I doubt we'll see more than 4 first-round goalies.

As for the Devils, I think they'll draft for need in Round 1 and look for a forward with some size. I believe in deep drafts, more teams take the BPA. In weaker drafts, and crapshoot drafts, I think teams tend to draft for needs more and more.

Go Flames Go*

Epsilon said:
Lisin is the fastest player in the draft, bar none. He's definitely a potential high-scoring forward.

How big is he also height and weight? What about that guy they have listed to go to Colorado? Is he better?

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
Jag68Vlady27 said:
The Kings NEED a goaltender, so that's why they'll grab one early. I think somebody will have to take the other first-round lock netminder (Schwarz or Montoya), so my money is on St. Louis.

Why would your money be on St. Louis? We "NEED" a goalie much less than many teams around the league. That said, I wouldn't be suprised to see a goaltender taken 1st round, in fact I was kind of hoping we would. However it is not a pressing need.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Stich said:
If anyone needed to see any evidence that this draft is one huge cluster-you-know-what all you have to do is look at how different this mock is than any other one you've seen.

Smid #8 before Thelen?
Meszaroz #9, also before Thelen?

King Henry I said:
Thelen is laughably low as the 4th defenseman off the board.

One thing that I would say is that THN and RLR have Thalen behind Barker and Meszaros, and THN has Thalen behind Smid as well, as the 4th D drafted for THN and 3rd for RLR.

So to see guys like Meszaros and Smid ahead of Thalen in some mocks shouldn't be an out and out shocker, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->