TSN.CA 1st Mock draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
suprising to see wolski back in the top 10 (going 7th to florida)

seems like most of their predictions had a side note regarding what it might be like for a player to play with someone in the drafting teams system

nokelainen with jokinen/miettinen/lehtonen in dallas
ladd with nash/zherdev in columbus
meszaros with coburn in atlanta
montoya with tambellini in LA

not much insight on the actual player or reason they like him in that spot :dunno:

thestonedkoala

[RANT] WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK WE NEED A NUMBER 1 GOALTENDER? HAVEN'T THEY HEARD OF HARDING [/RANT]

I don't mind Schwarz but COME ON! The Wild have a pretty good defense and two great goaltenders, the last thing we need is another one when we have two coming in to our farm teams and we can't get rid of one!

We need scorers damn it!

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I would be OK with the Blues picking a winger such as Radulov because we need scorers, but I think Goalie is a greater need and if one such as Dubnyk is available he would be my pick.

RoyIsALegend*

They have the Avalanche taking Lauri Korpikoski.

I'd be happy with that.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
The only reason the Devils would take a goaltender is if Ahonen will definitely be traded. Doesn't make sense... especially with Green still available.

Jon Burke

thestonedkoala said:
[RANT] WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK WE NEED A NUMBER 1 GOALTENDER? HAVEN'T THEY HEARD OF HARDING [/RANT]

I don't mind Schwarz but COME ON! The Wild have a pretty good defense and two great goaltenders, the last thing we need is another one when we have two coming in to our farm teams and we can't get rid of one!

We need scorers damn it!

You'd be wise to take the BPA, not what you need the most, because who knows how your needs may change by the time the guy is ready. Also, Harding could be a bust. And goaltending is the most important position. I wouldn't pass over Schwarz at your draft position just because there is a lower ranked player who you could use more. Trade down if that is the case.

thestonedkoala

Exactly Danrik, I rather trade down and grab Thelen or Radulov over Schwarz because we could end up taking another goalie who could be good.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
If Chipchura goes to #18, and the Habs don't take him, I will lose all of the faith I have for the Habs. I like them, but I don't follow them all that closely, but they do need size and grit and centre.

If Schremp falls to #15 Nashville will be the happiest team on earth considering he should go top 10.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:

We need scorers damn it!

No guarantee that the people in charge will feel the same way. And if they have a goalie rated the the highest on their list when their pick comes around they should either take him or trade down.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I've really changed my opinion on Stafford over the last few weeks, and I wouldn't mind taking him, over A.J. Thelen, that is.

If Thelen's available, I Hope BM.....I mean Fletcher takes him. Then, if A.J.'s gone, Stafford would be a great choice.

Jon Burke

Flame_Star_Devil said:
The logic just doesn't follow. I wouldn't mind taking a goaltender, but I doubt we do it in the first round.

BPA is why I wouldn't absolutely rule out the Devils taking a goalie, although I agree it's rather unlikely.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Oilers - knabbing Picard and Bollard should make most Oilers fans pretty satisfied.

The thing i find odd is that, At the 25th pick/Bolland it says that the oilers could use a playmaking centre, but if they really could use a playmaking centre then wouldnt they take Schremp at 15?

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Do people really think the goaltenders discussed going in the first round are actually BPA picks? Seems like every mock I've read has them selected high because they fill a need for the team picking them, not because they are the BPA.

(In the interest of disclosure, I'm in disagreement with choice of the Wild selecting a goalie, or needing to fill a hole with one.)

degroat*

If anyone needed to see any evidence that this draft is one huge cluster-you-know-what all you have to do is look at how different this mock is than any other one you've seen.

Smid #8 before Thelen?
Meszaroz #9, also before Thelen?
Schremp #15?
Green #24?
Wolski #7?

One thing is for sure... from here on out, there is no such thing as a bad mock draft... assuming, of course, they have AO and Malkin going 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->