[TSN]: Button & McKenzie Top 10 2018 Draft Projection

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
And he's still absolutely wrong on projections. Which only proves my point.
He's right on an awful lot of them. Just as an example, he totally called Virtanen. It's just unfair to expect 100% accuracy from a guy like him, because nobody is that accurate. Teams have a lot of guys who are on par with Button, and they combine their lists, and that's how they get their final product. But I seriously doubt any one person does it better. For example, Pronman certainly does not.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Most Oilers fans agree with this. Our media however, seems to be very transparent with the rumblings they hear out of Edm, and they all are pumping Smith's tires. Boqvist is by far my preferred pick, but I have been preparing for Smith to lessen the disappointment. Hopefully another player drops that our management would take over Smith.

Or hopefully Smith is taken before then.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can't see Joe Veleno dropping past 15 but then again I didn't see Liljiegren dropping to 17 last year I hope Veleno falls to 25

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
He's right on an awful lot of them. Just as an example, he totally called Virtanen. It's just unfair to expect 100% accuracy from a guy like him, because nobody is that accurate. Teams have a lot of guys who are on par with Button, and they combine their lists, and that's how they get their final product. But I seriously doubt any one person does it better. For example, Pronman certainly does not.

You or I could get as many right. Go look at his track record. It's full of crap. And nobody has still told me why he's no longer employed by a team. Because he's terrible.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn’t be upset with Smith at 10, he’s the safer player and a great talent in his own right.

However, in Boqvist you’ve got a real shot at an elite right shot offensive defenceman and that’s pretty much the rarest asset in the NHL. He’s more of a boom-bust prospect for sure but if we’ve got Boqvist and Smith sitting there at 10 I’d have a really hard time passing on him.

I do think if we get Smith at 10 we try to trade up from 40 to snag Addison as well. Oiler scouts love their Dub guys.

Isles fans are sitting pretty though. They’ll have two really good prospects sitting there at 11 and 12, no matter what happens.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
I have a hard time seeing Detroit ending up with Kotkaniemi, with how I see everything going.

I think if the top 5 went like this they would trade back and take Hughes or Dobson.

I want Dobson. We give up enough garbage goals from weak play in front. So soft. At least having a bit of size would maybe help. But maybe not, DDK's middle name is Charmin.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I want Dobson. We give up enough garbage goals from weak play in front. So soft. At least having a bit of size would maybe help. But maybe not, DDK's middle name is Charmin.

I agree 100% :)

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I'm probably the only one... But I'd still steer clear of Kotkaniemi. He's blown up way too much in the past three months, and I think a lot of it is due to centers being extremely mediocre this season.
Yeah but that's kind of what happens when there's a major tournament for those kids in these three months and one does well. Plus it's in those months that all scouts meet and clear up their list from different regions. It's normal and don't see this as a red flag in a guy like Kotkaniemi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad