TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Maybe they took it out because a big announcement is coming: Bergevin fired? One can dream.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Did you compare the file sizes to determine if there were edits?

The original file I downloaded last night is 21.7MB and 15:48 long. The new file is 19.1MB and 13:58 long. I haven't listened to both to see what was edited out of the shorter new file.

I'd still like to know why it was deleted for a while and uploaded again a few hours later

Edit: It seems like only the end of the original audio clip was edited out after the MB interview was over but the entire original interview part is still intact it seems.

Just seems strange for them to remove it for a few hours and then put it up again but I guess there's a reason we may never find out but it's probably not a big deal anyway.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's so sad. You hear Ciccone's question about Lefebvre? He plugged excuses into his freaking question, he's so lame. Come on.

I read into that bit that Lefebvre is not on the hot seat, as MB reiterated the part of the question that had to do with call-ups and how that impacted on Lefebvre. But, that may be premature on my part, I'll wait and see where he's going once his personnel review (sham exercise) has been conducted.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
91.9: "T'es tellement bon pour répondre, t'es bon pour exprimer tes réponses"
MB: "Je suis assez intelligent pour expliquer les choses"
I'm done.

That was goddamn gross lickassery. Langevin really butters it thick, especially that he was able to turn an interview initially scheduled for 15 minutes into a full half hour. That over-the-top compliment Langevin gave was within the ambit of re-inviting MB at the station so that Langevin and MB could take calls from fans. Can you imagine for one second the kind of anger that would define the majority of calls MB would get?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The original file I downloaded last night is 21.7MB and 15:48 long. The new file is 19.1MB and 13:58 long. I haven't listened to both to see what was edited out of the shorter new file.

I'd still like to know why it was deleted for a while and uploaded again a few hours later

Edit: It seems like only the end of the original audio clip was edited out after the MB interview was over but the entire original interview part is still intact it seems.

Just seems strange for them to remove it for a few hours and then put it up again but I guess there's a reason we may never find out but it's probably not a big deal anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to do that. :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This part seriously baffles me. The way Bergevin talks about goalies impact on game is like that of someone who just got into hockey and can only see the fact that the goalie didn't stop the puck, not that their defense gave the other team waaaay too many quality chances.

NO GOALIE in the NHL will have good save % without a decent defense (or at least defensive system) in front of him. They all play the odds, and will stop say 70-85% of high quality chances, and 95-99% of low quality chances. If you give the other team 3-5 high quality chances per game, save % will be good. If you give them 10+ high quality chances per game, save % will SUCK. No matter the goalie.

But he really sounds like he's not even seeing that.

And notice how he justified his stance by referring to how a majority of his colleagues have the same approach when it comes to the importance of a goalie and how you build from the goalie on out.

Sure, but he may have left out the part where all or most of the GMs from that unverifiable majority, have their team out of the playoffs most likely.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
That was goddamn gross lickassery. Langevin really butters it thick, especially that he was able to turn an interview initially scheduled for 15 minutes into a full half hour. That over-the-top compliment Langevin gave was within the ambit of re-inviting MB at the station so that Langevin and MB could take calls from fans. Can you imagine for one second the kind of anger that would define the majority of calls MB would get?

They would screen the calls. No way they would let Bergevin respond to random callers. That would be like dropping the guy off in the Wild and asking him to fend for himself from all the Lions and Tigers oh my lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why not? Were you wrong about Radulov? Did it take you 5 years to own up to it after?

You can say you still believe in Weber but after the the success that PK is having in Nashville and the downfall of the Habs, to say that he does not regret the trade even a little? It comes across as completely disingenuous and hurts his credibility and intelligence.

If a used car salesman tries to sell me and talk me into buying a lemon as if it's a Pagani and I'm looking at a rusted bucket of bolts, it's completely within his right because it's his job but I am never buying a car from there ever again! It all depends on what kind of person you want to be.

Bergevin has every reason to lie and deflect. He's coming off the worst year of his tenure. Last thing he needs is to drive another nail in his coffin. Of course he's going to pretend that he's happey with the trade.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

:laugh: Nothing like visiting HF and learning new words. New to me anyway. :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Renaud Lavoie just wrote what has to be the worst article so far this year : Lettre à Mario Dumont - TVA Sports

That has to be one of the weakest-ass replies, especially considering that unlike Dumont, Lavoie was presenting arguments within his area of work.

This is all he has for a comeback? Dumont's arguments are so much more clear and well-thought out.

Lavoie barely managed a couple of paragraphs and he's merely regurgitating what the Habs typically use for excuses.

Dumont is correct -- when someone says there is a plan but they can't talk about it, it's cause there is no plan. It's as Seinfeldian as it gets. Lavoie is part of the Habs PR department -- he just doesn't have a title yet. How crass.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Langevin seemed to have a lot of criticism from the commentary in the station. Right after he finished the interview, he went on the defensive and talking about how good question were asked and that it is supposed to be a discussion and not a war.

It only confirmed this morning what I thought would happen but the interview still made me angry.

They were litteraly putting the answers within there question to not confuse Marc.

Anyway, I'm ok with an other bad season. Just don't move any young players. Please don't touch to Chucky...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Ha, but that was never my intent. Even if it may have been embarking on a paved road to hell.

I'm very okay with salty language as long as it's not gratuitous. It's even better when it's hilarious.

I give a lot of credit to the Mods and the veiled Board of Frowns for allowing more latitude in expression.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyway, I'm ok with an other bad season. Just don't move any young players. Please don't touch to Chucky...

I'd only be OK with another bad season as long as Bergevin is not the one at the helm by the end of it. It's not just a bad season, it's whatever moves made by manipulator Marc trying to salvage his job, that may compromise the team's future. And some of those may require years to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad