TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Do you actually have evidence of that? Not saying your wrong, but for your example, there is plenty of statistical evidence to suggest Subban is among the best defensemen in the NHL. Many people well versed in accruing and interpreting the latest tracking data and building stats rank him 2-5 in the NHL among D-men.

I gotta admit your avatar is quite cool.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's going on with the signal on tsn690? It's been choppy all day. Now, I don't mind the mangled reception while Gallo, Campbell and Nilan are on, but it's also obliterating the better segments. Did they make an announcement of some sort?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
What's going on with the signal on tsn690? It's been choppy all day. Now, I don't mind the mangled reception while Gallo, Campbell and Nilan are on, but it's also obliterating the better segments. Did they make an announcement of some sort?

Maybe damage from the winds yesterday? They were wild. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe damage from the winds yesterday? They were wild. :laugh:

It's like a scene from the 80s when you had people on CB radio and occasionally, someone would jam the signal on a channel just for the hell of it. It's completely impossible to listen to.

Good point about the winds, they must have mangled their antenna.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I enjoy Grant’s prospect insights, but am completely turned off by the way he goes after people that disagree with him. He’s Berkshire level.

If someone is selling a product to the public or coming in here to peddle their site, there is no place for that stuff. If an individual can't show common decency and respect to those that he seeks to have as a user of his site or with whom he is simply interacting, then they aren't worth my time or my money.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Larry King's interview was great radio today.

It was so timely, King was pulling into the ballpark. Of course, he bragged about a few things, including how well his kids are doing in baseball and that plum seat behind the plate that he's got. But he had good words for the return of baseball to Montreal.

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
Does anyone else find Marc Denis to be incredibly boring? I swear I'm going to go off the road sometimes from falling asleep.

Reactions: Genesis76

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does anyone else find Marc Denis to be incredibly boring? I swear I'm going to go off the road sometimes from falling asleep.

Do you mean on his 690 morning show segments or during his RDS broadcasts with Houde? Or both?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
690 morning show segments

I caught one at the tail end. He sounded rather monotone. Must be his early morning voice. He doesn't sound that way when he's doing color with Pierre Houde.

Reactions: lynx

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
They just asked Mitch Gallo who he thought the highest scoring (points) Canadian in Thrashers history is (the answer is Marc Savard).

2 of Gallo’s guesses were Tobias Enstrom and Patrik Stefan. :laugh::laugh: What?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They just asked Mitch Gallo who he thought the highest scoring (points) Canadian in Thrashers history is (the answer is Marc Savard).

2 of Gallo’s guesses were Tobias Enstrom and Patrik Stefan. :laugh::laugh: What?

I hope Gallo gets his ass handed to him in that useless boxing match he's getting into with a radio colleague.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Got a kick out of Melnick on Friday.

He`s been hyping the Gallo/Rockman fight for months and admitted he coaxed Rockman into challenging Gallo.

He went on to say that most of the station should be on hand tomorrow night to watch the fight.

But then he says he didn`t know if he would stay to watch because the Habs are playing the Hawks.

What an ***.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Got a kick out of Melnick on Friday.

He`s been hyping the Gallo/Rockman fight for months and admitted he coaxed Rockman into challenging Gallo.

He went on to say that most of the station should be on hand tomorrow night to watch the fight.

But then he says he didn`t know if he would stay to watch because the Habs are playing the Hawks.

What an ***.

Rockman is a smooth operator. I've listened to his show a few times. Plus, with a name like Rockman, doesn't get cooler than that.

I hope Gallo gets KO'd in the opening round. Maybe it'll chase the smugness outta him, for good.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Rockman is a smooth operator. I've listened to his show a few times. Plus, with a name like Rockman, doesn't get cooler than that.

I hope Gallo gets KO'd in the opening round. Maybe it'll chase the smugness outta him, for good.
The whole thing was apparently Melnick`s idea and he`s suggesting he`ll show up but may leave before the fight?

Gallo is not a fighter and is smaller so he has guts to go through with it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The whole thing was apparently Melnick`s idea and he`s suggesting he`ll show up but may leave before the fight?

Gallo is not a fighter and is smaller so he has guts to go through with it.

I agree, Melnick should stick it out. And yes, Gallo is conceding height and weight, so credit to him for going through with this nonetheless. But, his MyPillow may be doing overtime when this is done. I hope no one gets hurt.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
I agree, Melnick should stick it out. And yes, Gallo is conceding height and weight, so credit to him for going through with this nonetheless. But, his MyPillow may be doing overtime when this is done. I hope no one gets hurt.
Agree, it`s for charity so I wish them well.

It seems like every radio station I listen too now has that pillow commercial, hear it on WFAN.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So it's happening right now.

21078412_269520313551154_909110618045483569_n.jpg

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Bitch Gallo. It amazes me how triggered people get on twitter. Gallo is just stooping to the trolls level by reslonding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->