TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The guys on the Dave Morissette show always crack me up. Especially that feature with Mike Bossy, where he "certifies" great plays.

He has this really quirky one-liner that he delivers as a play is shown on an in-studio screen and then a "Mike Bossy seal of approval" is superimposed on the screen, whereupon Bossy blurts out with an odd intonation "Et c'est pour ça Daveeeeeeee, que ce but est certifié Mike Bossy!!!!"

Here's a sample: Wheeler est «certifié Mike Bossy» - TVA Sports :laugh:

Then you have this other segment where Eric Fichaud in front of the same screen, will be shown plays where typically a goalie or sometimes a D, is completely undressed and put to sleep on a sequence or something gone horribly wrong in other sports. And of course, like Bossy, he has his own signature one liner he gets to scream out at the end of every sequence.: "Et c'est pour ça mon Dave ... que ... ça ... décoiffe!!!!"

Here's a sample: DMD : «Ça décoiffe!» - TVA Sports

A big difference in style with the mostly sedentary and sombre AC couch dudes.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
The guys on the Dave Morissette show always crack me up. Especially that feature with Mike Bossy, where he "certifies" great plays.

He has this really quirky one-liner that he delivers as a play is shown on an in-studio screen and then a "Mike Bossy seal of approval" is superimposed on the screen, whereupon Bossy blurts out with an odd intonation "Et c'est pour ça Daveeeeeeee, que ce but est certifié Mike Bossy!!!!"

Here's a sample: Wheeler est «certifié Mike Bossy» - TVA Sports :laugh:

Then you have this other segment where Eric Fichaud in front of the same screen, will be shown plays where typically a goalie or sometimes a D, is completely undressed and put to sleep on a sequence or something gone horribly wrong in other sports. And of course, like Bossy, he has his own signature one liner he gets to scream out at the end of every sequence.: "Et c'est pour ça mon Dave ... que ... ça ... décoiffe!!!!"

Here's a sample: DMD : «Ça décoiffe!» - TVA Sports

A big difference in style with the mostly sedentary and sombre AC couch dudes.
Good for Mike Bossy for his attempt at humor

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Don't bother with the Scrum today on TSN 690, the D list is arguing the worth of Tomas Plekanec...

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Don't bother with the Scrum today on TSN 690, the D list is arguing the worth of Tomas Plekanec...

Melnick, Marinaro, and Nilan have been off this week so I didn't expect them to even have the scrum today. I've been listening a little but it hasn't been very interesting yet which isn't surprising since Melnick usually carries that segment.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Melnick, Marinaro, and Nilan have been off this week so I didn't expect them to even have the scrum today. I've been listening a little but it hasn't been very interesting yet which isn't surprising since Melnick usually carries that segment.

The old guys bring at least a little creditability to it, not that there is much.

Campbell, Gallo, Tsalikis, a murderers row of nonsense and self importance. How did they get those egos?

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016

Melnick really does carry the scrum , aside from being the best one there he also can keep Tony in check when he does his Tony thing or goes on a Tony rant

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The old guys bring at least a little creditability to it, not that there is much.

Campbell, Gallo, Tsalikis, a murderers row of nonsense and self importance. How did they get those egos?
According to Mr Tsalikis, Marc Andre Fleury won a `handful of games' in last year`s playoffs.

Don`t know why winning 9 playoff games, including a shutout of the Caps in a game seven on the road would be downplayed but he did.

It`s painful to listen to some of the stuff that gets repeated on there, throw it towards the wall see if it sticks is faster then checking out the facts I guess.

Reactions: Runner77 and habs73

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

A murderer's row of nonsense of self importance. Well put.

That's what happens when a station has shoddy standards and hiring practices and mines its talent from the control room, where the barrier to entry is simply being a glorified knob turner with little to no knowledge of how to carry oneself on air.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
It's definitely amateur hour when those guys get together.

I remember when i started listening to the old TEAM 990, Casavant and Price were a treat to listen to, Melnick has great interview skills and guests. They have taken a great tumble in quality over the years.

I sometimes listen to other TSN radio stations, the level of professionalism is night and day in comparison.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
It's definitely amateur hour when those guys get together.

I remember when i started listening to the old TEAM 990, Casavant and Price were a treat to listen to, Melnick has great interview skills and guests. They have taken a great tumble in quality over the years.

I sometimes listen to other TSN radio stations, the level of professionalism is night and day in comparison.
I listened to a couple of Leafs post games.

Jim Tatti (who I remember on Global sports ~30 years ago) and former NHLer Greg Gilbert were hosting.

Sounded like Bill Watters (former gm and agent) is a regular and was on dissecting the game.

No comparison to the local post game.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I listened to a couple of Leafs post games.

Jim Tatti (who I remember on Global sports ~30 years ago) and former NHLer Greg Gilbert were hosting.

Sounded like Bill Watters (former gm and agent) is a regular and was on dissecting the game.

No comparison to the local post game.

Speaking as GTA guy who listens to a fair amount of Leafs radio, Bill Watters is not someone you want to spend any time listening to. He's l'AC-esque.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Speaking as GTA guy who listens to a fair amount of Leafs radio, Bill Watters is not someone you want to spend any time listening to. He's l'AC-esque.
Do you ever listen to the 690 postgames?

I prefer Watters and the Leafs crew.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Casavant and Price were great. Both being gone, I went from listening to the morning show 3-4 times a week to haven't listened to a morning show in months.

Reactions: Runner77

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
lots of people called in last night wanting two things
1) Marc fired
2) max traded.

Anyone who listens to callers in the french side, are they asking for the same thing?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Seriously I tried to listen to any one of them but they all came off as angry know-it-alls unable to discuss anything not sanctioned by their pre-determined agendas. I offer up an open invitation to any one of them to join on HF boards for some real time discussions. They can rest easy because I think W7 is still on suspension but WTK amongst others is locked and loaded...
I'm simply wondering if the disdain and lack of humility would be as evident on this board as it is in the studio.
But then again don't expect them as their super powers leave them the minute they go off air.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lots of people called in last night wanting two things
1) Marc fired
2) max traded.

Anyone who listens to callers in the french side, are they asking for the same thing?

I'd say callers to 91.9FM are on the same page.

Reactions: PhysicX

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
The overall media has failed to hold the Habs up the standards of winning. The French media is to blame on the constant need to only hire french speaking coaches and GMs i.e. not even considering unilingual anglophone candidates.

JuJu Mobb

Montreal Canadiens
Dec 9, 2009
Stephane Fiset (who's also P.Danault's agent) said there are 2 factions separating the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->