TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Got a kick out of Pierre tonight.

When the Schenn trade went down, he was talking up Jori Lehtera (17 games 2 assists). He said the Habs didn`t have anyone like Lehtera.

Now he is saying it was a lopsided trade.

Think I would take Jacob De la Rose (4 points) at 725k over Lehtera at 4.7 million this year and 5.0 million next.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Got a kick out of Pierre tonight.

When the Schenn trade went down, he was talking up Jori Lehtera (17 games 2 assists). He said the Habs didn`t have anyone like Lehtera.

Now he is saying it was a lopsided trade.

Think I would take Jacob De la Rose (4 points) at 725k over Lehtera at 4.7 million this year and 5.0 million next.

Will Mitch ever ask Pierre about his statement that Beaulieu is in the same sphere as Nash big 4 and that Housley will take him there?

That was a real gem. If Beaulieu is Subban/Josi/Ellis level than Benn must be Bobby Orr since he has as many goals as Beaulieu has points this year LOL.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Will Mitch ever ask Pierre about his statement that Beaulieu is in the same sphere as Nash big 4 and that Housley will take him there?

That was a real gem. If Beaulieu is Subban/Josi/Ellis level than Benn must be Bobby Orr since he has as many goals as Beaulieu has points this year LOL.
I missed that one but I remember he was bullish on Housley.

Mitch is very adapt at buttering Pierre`s toast. Seems rare that he points anything out that ìsn`t flattering.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I hope today's Friday scrum on TSN690 is a lively one. Other than Melnick's show the Friday scrum is my favorite TSN690 segment when everyone is on board and getting loud.

Also anyone else find it a little creepy that Gallo is on the radio telling everyone how him and his pillow have so much fun at night. :whaaa?: When I hear that I think what the hell is this guy really doing to his pillow at night anyway. :)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
And the scrum has started out loud already today. :)

Was Melnick referring to Galchenyuk when he said the player requested a trade earlier this season? I caught the tail end of the discussion? If so this is the first I've heard of this.

Last edited:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
As long as it is better than Marinaro this morning. I had to turn it off. It was just shtick for the sake of shtick and I couldn't take it anymore.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
As long as it is better than Marinaro this morning. I had to turn it off. It was just shtick for the sake of shtick and I couldn't take it anymore.

Tony is who he is but there's been some very good discussion on this Friday scrum. Lots of good points with no surprise with Galchneyuk mostly being the topic since it started. They just brought up Lucic's name and his connection to Julien and MB's interest in him when he was UFA. I really hope the Habs aren't interested in this guy and don't take on that contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inkling

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Tony doing schtick for the sake of doing schtick is pretty much a perfect description of his show.

The scrum is usually decent because the second tier are more reasonable with Melnick around.

As for Nilan, I mean this sincerely, I wonder if he is starting to show signs of having participated in 100s of bareknuckle fist fights? He seems worse than ever.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Tony is who he is but there's been some very good discussion on this Friday scrum. Lots of good points with no surprise with Galchneyuk mostly being the topic since it started. They just brought up Lucic's name and his connection to Julien and MB's interest in him when he was UFA. I really hope the Habs aren't interested in this guy and don't take on that contract.
LOL 1st thing I thought of was this would so be a MB type move and defend it by saying he won a stanley cup and plays our type of game .

Then thought of Galchenyuk with McDavid and laughed at how it would be the perfect camouflage type win win move .

If he explodes they give him 0 credit and say its 100 % McDavid

If he bombs MB looks like a genius

I dont know what to say if this becomes a rumour or a legit possibility lol

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
LOL 1st thing I thought of was this would so be a MB type move and defend it by saying he won a stanley cup and plays our type of game .

Then thought of Galchenyuk with McDavid and laughed at how it would be the perfect camouflage type win win move .

If he explodes they give him 0 credit and say its 100 % McDavid

If he bombs MB looks like a genius

I dont know what to say if this becomes a rumour or a legit possibility lol

Sounded like speculation from the discussion but like you said it would be a MB type move and Julien would likely fully endorse a move like this so it wouldn't surprise me even a little if this happened. It's gonna take a while yet for Julien to shake all the Bruins stink off of him. :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Caught today's scrum. As usual, Gallo and Campbell were the weakest links. Campbell with recapitulative platitudes and Gallo with "I don't know anything about coaching" and should have stopped right there.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Caught today's scrum. As usual, Gallo and Campbell were the weakest links. Campbell with recapitulative platitudes and Gallo with "I don't know anything about coaching" and should have stopped right there.

His mind was just preoccupied with all the fun his pillow and him are gonna have again tonight. :)

There was some good discussion on the scrum today I thought and worth a lesson. I'll add the TSN690 audio link for today's scrum later when I see it up on the 690 website in case anyone wants a listen.

Edit: Audio link to today's scrum. Good listen IMO.

The Scrum: Galchenyuk Time

Last edited:

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
What's up with the personalities at 690 complaining about how much money they earn? Nilan did it today and that's probably the 10th time I've heard it from him, but he's not alone. They all either bluntly say it or make sarcastic quips from time to time. I find it maddening. You talk about sports for a living. None of you are even particularly good at it, save for Melnyck. It's wildly unprofessional. I don't see how their bosses allow it. And do they not realize they 95% of their listeners are Joe sportsfan working whatever job wishing they could be in their shoes. Really ungrateful.
I really don't think most of those guys on AM radio make much money at all.
Melnick, Marinaro and maybe the morning guys make real money, the rest are probably not making a decent living at all.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Anyone else get immediate cringe when the John gray moving commercial comes on?
“Niiiiine teams”
“Noooo problem”

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Anyone else get immediate cringe when the John gray moving commercial comes on?
“Niiiiine teams”
“Noooo problem”

It's those Carlos & Pepe's ads that are freaking me out at the moment actually.

I miss the Electrika jingle too.

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void
I really don't think most of those guys on AM radio make much money at all.
Melnick, Marinaro and maybe the morning guys make real money, the rest are probably not making a decent living at all.

Melnick, Robertson and Momesso make a decent wage. Marinaro is the next tier followed by Nilan. The rest make about 18-22$/hour

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That Bell commercial with the guy who brags about how he's recapitulating human history and how he's only at the Paleolithic era -- try and listen to the his counterpart who answers "sounds long". The way it comes out is really annoying.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
"And trust me I have fun with my pillow every single night". Even Melnick just wondered about the fun Gallo has with his pillow every night. :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What about that H Grégoire commercial with the mobster guy from the 30s who is spying on his wife's browser and how they make her look like brainless, with the "I'm an independent woman" line.

It's the worst idea for a commercial, especially now with the "me too" movement -- the type of behavior that the mobster guy exhibits, it's like his wife is just another of his possessions. The guy comes across as this giant tool and his wife a submissive tart.

And 690 claims that you should trust their creative team to help you devise an impactful commercial. Impactful alright. In 1930. They only forgot to add a reference to a Tommy gun.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Tuned in to hear Melnick ask McGuire the same questions about Galchenyuk tonight that it seems like he`s been asking for years, for virtually the entire segment.

Legendary sports talk?

Maybe they meant like the night they were discussing whether it was worse to belch or fart on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad