Tryamkin's Top 100 NHL Affiliated Prospects

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
They're a a year and four months apart - not that close, plus Donato has played three seasons in the NCAA as opposed to Borgstrom's two. That's not to take away from Donato who looks excellent as well; just saying.

"Fairly" is pretty subjective. At least compared to the rest of Borgström's draft class they are "fairly" close in age. And I'm just saying, Donato outperformed him this year and there is no telling whether Borg would perform better next year than Donato did this year. They belong very close to each other on any list. They shouldn't be separated by 10+ positions.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
"Fairly" is pretty subjective. At least compared to the rest of Borgström's draft class they are "fairly" close in age. And I'm just saying, Donato outperformed him this year and there is no telling whether Borg would perform better next year than Donato did this year. They belong very close to each other on any list. They shouldn't be separated by 10+ positions.
I definitely factored in the age, and Borgstrom has more potential for sure. No discount from Donato though, he’ll be a great player.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Umm, not so? The youngest guys in Borgstrom's draft class are some 13 months younger than him; that's less difference than him and Donato. Borgstrom is actually just some six weeks older than Auston Matthews - a few weeks and 2016 would have been his first year draft eligible.

Again, this says nothing about the quality of the players, but your age comment is wrong.

Reactions: Tryamkin

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Umm, not so? The youngest guys in Borgstrom's draft class are some 13 months younger than him; that's less difference than him and Donato. Borgstrom is actually just some six weeks older than Auston Matthews - a few weeks and 2016 would have been his first year draft eligible.

Again, this says nothing about the quality of the players, but your age comment is wrong.

Nothing I said was incorrect. And yeah Matthews was what like 3 days from going in the 2015 draft. Borgström would have been young for the 2015 class but nevertheless, I never said anything incorrect.

Just don't get too upset if I'm not a huge fan of one of your teams prospects.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Nothing I said was incorrect. And yeah Matthews was what like 3 days from going in the 2015 draft. Borgström would have been young for the 2015 class but nevertheless, I never said anything incorrect.

Just don't get too upset if I'm not a huge fan of one of your teams prospects.
Quote: "Fairly" is pretty subjective. At least compared to the rest of Borgström's draft class they are "fairly" close in age."

They're 16 months apart, while Borgstrom is at most 13 months apart from his fellow draftees. How is that not incorrect?

And I'm not upset; I think both players are going to be great (Donato has had a very impressive start in the NHL). Just getting the facts straight since you started with the age point.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Quote: "Fairly" is pretty subjective. At least compared to the rest of Borgström's draft class they are "fairly" close in age."

They're 16 months apart, while Borgstrom is at most 13 months apart from his fellow draftees. How is that not incorrect?

And I'm not upset; I think both players are going to be great (Donato has had a very impressive start in the NHL). Just getting the facts straight since you started with the age point.

I was comparing the rest of the draft class to Donato, not to Borgström.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
I'm a Flyers fan who is very disappointed in Rubtsov. Definitely don't see him as a top 100 prospect at this point -- if he were taken in the 4th round nobody would be talking about him.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I'm a Flyers fan who is very disappointed in Rubtsov. Definitely don't see him as a top 100 prospect at this point -- if he were taken in the 4th round nobody would be talking about him.
I would sail the ship yet. Hes got potential and not all prospects boom right away.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Here's my top 100 NHL affiliated prospects. No players aged 24 or above are included, and players that played 25 or more NHL games are not included either.

1. C Elias Pettersson
2. RW Eeli Tolvanen
3. D Miro Heiskanen
4. C Casey Mittelstadt
5. D Cale Makar
6. RW Kirill Kaprizov
7. LW Filip Chytil
8. C Martin Necas
9. C Gabriel Vilardi
10. C Cody Glass
11. C Henrik Borgstrom
12. C Lias Andersson
13. C Dylan Strome
14. RW Jordan Kyrou
15. C Aleksi Heponiemi
16. G Ilya Samsonov
17. C Robert Thomas
18. G Thatcher Demko
19. D Erik Brannstrom
20. C Ryan Poehling
21. D Timothy Liljegren
22. D Juuso Valimaki
23. C Sam Steel
24. C Ryan Donato
25. D Conor Timmins
26. C Adam Gaudette
27. G Ilya Sorokin
28. G Igor Shestyorkin
29. C/RW Nick Suzuki
30. G Carter Hart
31. C Morgan Frost
32. LW Alexander Nylander
33. LW Dillon Dube
34. RW/LW Owen Tippett
35. D Olli Juolevi
36. LW Kieffer Bellows
37. C/RW Drake Batherson
38. D Callan Foote
39. RW Kole Lind
40. RW Klim Kostin
41. D Nicolas Hague
42. RW Nick Merkley
43.RW Kailer Yamamoto
44. D Phillipe Myers
45. D Adam Fox
46. C Michael Rasmussen
47. LW Oskar Lindblom
48. LW Kristian Vesalainen
49. D Kale Clague
50. D Noah Juulsen
51. D Jacob Larsson
52. RW Taylor Raddysh
53. D Dante Fabbro
54. C Logan Brown
55. D Pierre-Olivier Joseph
56. LW Jonathan Dahlen
57. G Jake Oettinger
58. C Michael McLeod
59. LW Andreas Johnsson
60. C Brett Howden
61. LW Boris Katchouk
62. LW Dylan Sikura
63. LW Adam Mascherin
64. D Jake Bean
65. C Colin White
66. D Filip Hronek
67. LW Evgeni Svechnikov
68. C Rasmus Asplund
69. D Ethan Bear
70. RW Vitali Abramov
71. RW Julien Gauthier
72. C Anthony Cirelli
73. G Tyler Parsons
74. D Henri Jokiharji
75. G Linus Soderstrom
76. D Sami Niku
77. C Mitchell Stephens
78. LW Tyler Steenbergen
79. D Brendan Guhle
80. D Sebastian Aho
81. C Danny O'Regan
82. LW Michael Dal Colle
83 LW Jordan Greenway
84. C Joshua Norris
85. D Jakub Zboril
86. LW Maxime Comtois
87. D Caleb Jones
88. D Dylan Samberg
89. C German Rubstov
90. LW Tyler Benson
91. LW Jason Robertson
92. C Jaret Anderson-Dolan
93. RW Ty Ronning
94. LW Carl Grundstrom
95. D Nicholas Meloche
96. D Villi Saarijarvi
97. LW Trent Frederic
98. C Jeremy Bracco
99. C Mason Appleton
100. D Neal Pionk

(thanks to @SniperHF ) <3

Don't get angry if your favorite teams' player isn't where you think they should be, I tried my best!
Also please don't take over the thread with Pettersson vs. Heiskanen vs. Tolvanen (just kidding, it's inevtiable ;) )

interesting list - just saw this several months later. how would you update it with the 2018 draft and
with how guys finished their 2017-18 seasons?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
interesting list - just saw this several months later. how would you update it with the 2018 draft and
with how guys finished their 2017-18 seasons?
Thanks, I was interested in doing another one going into the 2018/19 season and probably will do so!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Emmanuel Perry's statistical model puts Vesalainen at #7 overall among prospects, based on his big D+1 year in the Liiga. The #48 ranking here seems much too low. He's going to be a dandy.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Emmanuel Perry's statistical model puts Vesalainen at #7 overall among prospects, based on his big D+1 year in the Liiga. The #48 ranking here seems much too low. He's going to be a dandy.
Yes, he will be much higher in my next edition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->