NHL Entry Draft: Tryamkin's Post Lottery Mock Draft

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
This is my 2nd to last mock draft I do every year just after the lottery.

I watch a good 10 games for at least the top 20, the rest maybe just a few so these are my insights an predictions for each team, feel free to give me your feedback in the comments.

1. :devils - C Nolan Patrick

2. :flyers - C Nico Hischier

3. :stars - D Miro Heiskanen

4. :avs - C Gabe Vilardi

5. :nucks - C Casey Mittlestadt

6. :vegas - C Cody Glass

7. :coyotes - RW Owen Tippett

8. :sabres - D Cale Makar

9. :wings - C Elias Petterson

10. :panthers - RW Nick Suzuki

11. :kings - D Timothy Liljegren

12. :canes - C Martin Necas

13. :jets - D Juuso Valimaki

14. :bolts - C Michael Rasmussen

15. :isles - RW Eeli Tolvanen

16. :nashville - C Robert Thomas

17. :flames - D Connor Timmins

18. :leafs - D Cal Foote

19. :bruins - C Ryan Poehling

20. :sharks - D Erik Brannstrom

21. :rangers - RW Kole Lind

22. :edmonton - D Pierre-Olivier Joseph

23. :habs - LW Jason Robertson

24. :coyotes (via MIN) - RW Kristian Vesalainen

25. :cbj - LW Klim Kostin

26. :hawks - G Jake Oettinger

27. :pens - D Nicholas Hague

28. :sens - D Henri Jokiharju

29. :blues - C Kailer Yamamoto

30. :ducks - C Shane Bowers

31. :blues (via WSH) - LW Maxime Comtois

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
My top 10 and your top 10 are nearly identical and comprise the same 10 players. Those 10 are the only players that I'm confident won't be available at 16/17 for the Flames.

Hague and Vesalainen are too low and together with your top 15 make up my top 17.

Also, is P-O Joseph that high because you think he is very good or because you think the Oilers like him? I don't know what to think about him.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
My top 10 and your top 10 are nearly identical and comprise the same 10 players. Those 10 are the only players that I'm confident won't be available at 16/17 for the Flames.

Hague and Vesalainen are too low and together with your top 15 make up my top 17.

Also, is P-O Joseph that high because you think he is very good or because you think the Oilers like him? I don't know what to think about him.

Not a big fan of Hague or Vesalainen, as I see them being the big droppers of the group. Hague even potentially out of the 1st.

I like the style of game POJ plays, reminds me of a slightly better Jeremy Roy. The big reason for his jump is his increasingly growing defensive capabilities that add to his PP QB style and he looks more comfortable as he jumps into the attack. Seems like the type of player Edmonton needs, with enough forwards, they could use a PP QB.

Thanks for the feedback! I watch a lot of games for a lot of specs so if you have any questions, just let me know.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Not super high on Lias, this is more of my reasoning. Agreed that he will probably fall in the first round.

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
Love your top 10. Would prefer Hague to Foote, but that's personal preference. Anything past top-10 is a crapshoot anyway. Nice mock .

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
This is a really good mock.

Lias Andersson needs to be in there. I have him in the top 15 but if you want to downgrade him I'd take out Bowers.

I am not sure I'd take Jokiharju in the 1st. He really struggled in the playoffs. He is pretty raw still in the defensive zone. Vaakanainen may be a better bet.

I'd swap Lind and Vesalainen.

Comtois is going to fall out of the 1st I think. He just had a horrible season even if he is toolsy. J-A-D might be a better bet there.

I hope you are wrong on the Canucks pick but I feel like you are going to be right.

I think Arizona might take Makar over Tippett.

Using your mock rankings with some modifications:

C Nolan Patrick
C Nico Hischier
D Miro Heiskanen
C Gabe Vilardi
C Casey Mittlestadt
C Cody Glass
D Cale Makar
RW Owen Tippett
C Elias Petterson
RW Nick Suzuki
D Timothy Liljegren