Not open for further replies.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Jim Beam said:
WHL
Moose Jaw Warriors
61gp 45g 46a 91pts 100pim

Can someone give me the low down on this kid?
big rugged power forward. shouldnt have played junior this year. has had good linemates (dustin boyd,kendle mcardle). so thats helped pad his stats a bit. he is a case of man amongst boys this year. long term potential ? i dont know he could make the nhl but he could also be a career echl player too.

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Moose Jaw has some good offenisive players is Brouwer, Dustin Boyd, Kenndal McArdle, Blair Jones and Riley Holzapfel. They are all in the top 20 is scoring with the first 4 in the top 10.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
This kid, from North Delta, is the type of kid that has always been underrated. Drafted low in the WHL, been a very good, serviceable player. Drafted low in the NHL, and I guarantee he'll make an impact there.

He just always seems to get it done.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
It would be very interesting to see his stats when Boyd is playing on the team and when he was away for the WJ.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Fedz said:
This kid, from North Delta, is the type of kid that has always been underrated. Drafted low in the WHL, been a very good, serviceable player. Drafted low in the NHL, and I guarantee he'll make an impact there.

He just always seems to get it done.

He's dominating as an overager, its nothing new. Haven't you heard of Jesse Shultz, Kiel Mcloud etc. etc.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
4G, 8A, 12PTS in 11GP without Dustin Boyd. Still very, very respectable.

4-5-1 when Boyd was gone.

However, for a comparison, next 11GP with Boyd?

11GP, 14G, 5A, 19PTS.

That's definitely a telling stat.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I have him in a fantasy league. The fact that he hasn't put up good (by legit NHL prospect standards) stats until this year - his overage year - is very telling. I expect him to struggle at the AHL level, but you never know.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
He's not an NHL calibre scorer.

He may be an NHL grinder. He has good size, will hit and fight.

I've seen him in a few camps now, I never thought he was overly impressive. Typical blackhawk prospect, more guts/grit than Ability- slow acceleration but a decent skater- willing to mix it up (as I recall he had two scraps in his first camp- fared pretty well in each).

The hawk scouts are high on him, and last year (playing on a bad team) felt that he was a steal for a fourth round draft pick. This year has only cemented those feelings (although I don't think the scouts believed he would score like he has).

He will play in Norfolk next year, and then who knows...

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad