Value of: Trouba/Morrissey

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
But what are the probable numbers?

6 x 5-6 for trouba?
Morrisey guesses?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
As a follow up, how do jets fans see their cap going forward?
Are Stastny and Myers cap casualties? Or can they fit wheeler and the rfas in?

Hellebuck must have earned himself 6ish with a vezina nod

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Just over 7x7 would do it I think
7x7=49mil /5 yrs = 9.8mil is right at the line for 4/1sts
??
What the dang heck is this madness.

7x7 is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd

4 1sts is 9.8 plus per year, but it’ll probably go up with the cap increase.

Edit: I make stuff up apparently.

Last edited:

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
What the dang heck is this madness.

7x7 is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd

4 1sts is 9.8 plus per year, but it’ll probably go up with the cap increase.

Correct but then divide the sum ($ X term) by 5 if the term is greater than 5 years

Attachments

• F8E985F4-198F-48A0-9DF5-5B8FCF36CAC0.jpeg
    F8E985F4-198F-48A0-9DF5-5B8FCF36CAC0.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: The Instigator

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
But what are the probable numbers?

6 x 5-6 for trouba?
Morrisey guesses?
Morrissey I think is high 4s. Trouba no clue. Other young dmen ie: Jones, lindholm, Reilly, slavin, Parayko etc are in the 5-6 range but trouba is closer to UFA than those guys at the time of signing

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
As a follow up, how do jets fans see their cap going forward?
Are Stastny and Myers cap casualties? Or can they fit wheeler and the rfas in?

Hellebuck must have earned himself 6ish with a vezina nod
Stastny and Enstrom will be gone next year, Roslovic and Niku in for them. Should allow the Jets to be under the cap for next year

Reactions: Krazy

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
:nod::nod::nod:
Nobodies giving up 4 1st round picks all for the honour of overpaying Trouba

Detroit’s 2 firsts and 2/3round picks would give us a shot at Quinton Byfield in 2020 :nod:

In all seriousness, I’m hoping this cup run and the ice time changes his mind and decides to stay in the Peg. I agree Morrissey is the better d man but Trouba is an integral part right now and would be hard to replace. Buff can’t eat the minutes like he used.

~$5/8 yrs for Josh Norrissey (yes, I spelled that right!)
~$6/4-6 yrs for Trouba

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is Byfuglien expendable at end of this season if management prefer to re-sign Myers and Trouba long term?

I'd hope Tallon is interested in bringing Buff to FLA. We have 1sts, 2nds, prospects and cheaper roster players to make it worth your while.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Is Byfuglien expendable at end of this season if management prefer to re-sign Myers and Trouba long term?

I'd hope Tallon is interested in bringing Buff to FLA. We have 1sts, 2nds, prospects and cheaper roster players to make it worth your while.

Thinking if Trouba re-signs then Myers is the one to go. Buff brings too much to the game to trade him away as apparent in the current playoffs

Reactions: Heldig

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thinking if Trouba re-signs then Myers is the one to go. Buff brings too much to the game to trade him away as apparent in the current playoffs

Ya I can understand the hesitation to unload him. Chevy will have become a math wiz to make the cap work no? With all those RFAs, you do have some hefty UFA money coming off the books so Enstrom and Stastny may be casualties?

If Buff was made available, what's his value from FLA?

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Ya I can understand the hesitation to unload him. Chevy will have become a math wiz to make the cap work no? With all those RFAs, you do have some hefty UFA money coming off the books so Enstrom and Stastny may be casualties?

If Buff was made available, what's his value from FLA?

Bjugstad and 2018 1st??? May be too much though. We don’t Have to get rid of him so would be an overpay

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Good teams don't worry about upcoming UFAs....they are trying to win now. Buff has NMC and a big contact, I don't see him being moved. Myers just has one year left so his trade value isn't great. Trouba is under control for two more years. If those three guys are needed next yearly the Jets...I can't see any of them traded. And why even talk about Morrissey being traded, he's under Jets control for years.

Reactions: jgimp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->