To WPG
Fowler

To NYI
Trouba

I'm sure the cap can be worked out

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
Jets fans are delusional about what they'd get for Trouba, a guy who doesn't want to play for the organization. They can make him sit, but why waste an asset like that it's not gonna happen with New Jersey. Considering what Jets fans think theyll get for a guy who regressed last year and has a lot of people wondering what his potential actually is.

And you just proved you haven't even watched him play.

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/6/don-t...you-trouba-has-been-getting-better-and-better

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Sure he will, Doubt that Cheveldayoff trades Trouba to Edmonton. And what D other then Krug would Sweeney move to entice Cheveldayoff to trade Trouba doubt he has one.

I'd imagine the Jets would be after one of the top D prospects if they were looking at the Bruins. McAvoy, Carlo, Lauzon... I'm sure with a + attached.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think this would be the perfect deal for both teams, But seeing that Trouba might command $5.5 million to $6 million considerably more then Maatta who would the move out to be able to afford to give Trouba more money considering that the Pens are already $2.7 million over the cap.

Someone... *maths*... worth about $4 million?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Jets want a LHD in return that is not a prospect (or something like that it was said).....

Why not start around something like this:
to TOR Trouba

to WPG Gardiner (LHD), and add in a prospect like Kapanen, or Conor Brown, of Josh Leivo (Leafs feel is NHL ready now).

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'd imagine the Jets would be after one of the top D prospects if they were looking at the Bruins. McAvoy, Carlo, Lauzon... I'm sure with a + attached.

Unless he changes his mind, Cheveldayoff pretty much said no prospects or picks. He just want's roster ready top 4 LHD but how many of those exist that teams would trade for Trouba considering he wants a 22 year old and similar playing style.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
You guys traded Larsson for Hall. And you think you can get Trouba for Severson and a 3rd?

Keep dreaming.
Trouba/Overhardt are dreaming about making the same as Hall even though he's a second pairing defenseman.
Show me an example of an unsigned RFA who's publicly requested a trade that has fetched a return like delusional Jets fans are dreaming about
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: we're all waiting

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
U

Your listing points for a D to prove your point? Are you to start listing the +/- stat next?

Go look at his real metrics, he's a #2 guy at 22 with potential to be a #1.

Easy no thx

Severson is a number two as well hes gonna take Larsson's spot and he's done it before admirably his rookie year before he got hurt. And yeah I listed points but you're one of those metric guys I see. Or you're a statistic guy when the guy you disagree with is a metric guy. I see that all the time. Whatever suits the argument at hand. If you're looking to trade trouba for a defenseman who can step right I'm not sure where you're gonna do better when you consider ability atm, age and potential. I mean you guys don't need any more forwards from what I see, so im not sure what else you would want. I'd be willing to haggle with ya and add more but since Severaon "isn't even close" to Trouba. I'm guessing you would want Zacha, McCleod and God knows what else.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Here's an idea to get Rielly that top pairing RHD he needs:

To Toronto:
D - Jacob Trouba

To Winnipeg:
D - Martin Marincin
D - Andrew Nielsen/Travis Dermott
1st Round Pick in 2017 (top 5 protected)
2nd Round Pick in 2017 (via SJ)

OR

To Toronto:
D - Jacob Trouba

To Winnipeg:
D - Jake Gardiner
1st Round Pick in 2017 (top 10 protected)

Terrible . 1st rd protected . Give us a top 3 RHD that will at least become a top 2 but we want to limited the chance of getting a good player .

I would offer Nurse , 2017 1st , Fayne for cap reason and another + or 2

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Why not get rid of Maurice if Trouba's problem is his usage? I do see Trouba as a potential top pair guy and there's no way I'd value a coach over that. Unless the organization agrees with his usage I guess.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Why not get rid of Maurice if Trouba's problem is his usage? I do see Trouba as a potential top pair guy and there's no way I'd value a coach over that. Unless the organization agrees with his usage I guess.

Or maybe they were sandbagging him on purpose to get a better deal? I've been saying that for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad