Tristin Llewellyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
A US '89 born defenseman playing for Indiana in the USHL, Llewellyn is tied for 5th in the league in scoring for defensemen so far in 6 games. Many of the other top guys are as much as five years older than him.

Now, I'm not one to go hyping a (very) young kid's stats, but I'd say that's pretty impressive for a 15 year old in the USHL.

Has anyone seen him play?

Here are his stats:
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/scoringleaders.html?leagueid=49&seasonid=594&position=D

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
I haven't seen him play, but those stats aren't a fluke. He has been one of the most hyped USA d-men in the past year.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
TMHUNH said:
I haven't seen him play, but those stats aren't a fluke. He has been one of the most hyped USA d-men in the past year.
I've heard quite a bit about him, but I just didn't expect him to be this good this early. I expected more of an adjustment period before he started putting up points.

Another hyped US d-man putting up points is Erik Johnson with the U-17 team. I believe he has 2-3-5 in 6 games thus far.

John E. Ringo

Aug 18, 2003
Visit site
I read somewhere that two independent services (ISS and Red Line Junior) both have Llewellyn highly rated for this year's OHL Draft. I think ISS has him first while redlinejunior.com has him third or fourth.

I've seen Llewellyn play minor hockey, and he's quite a raw talent. Excellent size/strength, physical and aggressive, can skate well and has pretty good stick skills. He has to learn to stay composed, as he gets out of control at times. but he's a definite pro prospect.

Two other US-based defensemen are also highly rated and bear watching. Nick Petrecki (#1 in redlinejunior) is playing Tier 2 for Capital District Selects, excellent size and skating, moves the puck well.

The other is Ian Cole, who is playing for Victory Honda Major Midgets. Great size, strong, powerful skater, smart with the puck, poised beyond his years.

All three bear watching in the next several years and are names that will be talked about.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
John E. Ringo said:
I read somewhere that two independent services (ISS and Red Line Junior) both have Llewellyn highly rated for this year's OHL Draft. I think ISS has him first while redlinejunior.com has him third or fourth.

I've seen Llewellyn play minor hockey, and he's quite a raw talent. Excellent size/strength, physical and aggressive, can skate well and has pretty good stick skills. He has to learn to stay composed, as he gets out of control at times. but he's a definite pro prospect.

Two other US-based defensemen are also highly rated and bear watching. Nick Petrecki (#1 in redlinejunior) is playing Tier 2 for Capital District Selects, excellent size and skating, moves the puck well.

The other is Ian Cole, who is playing for Victory Honda Major Midgets. Great size, strong, powerful skater, smart with the puck, poised beyond his years.

All three bear watching in the next several years and are names that will be talked about.
Thanks a lot for the insights on Llewellyn.

I've heard of Petrecki, as well as some other '89 D like Nick Jaskowiak, Ben Blood, Kevin Shattenkirk, Colby Cohen, and Frank Grzeszczak (Florida kid).

However, I'm only following Llewellyn since he's at a higher level of play than the aforementioned (and seems to be doing quite well).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
pavel datsyuk said:
can anyone tell me how to pronounce that last name of his? I usually only have trouble with the western european names, but hey. :dunno:

thanks

Lou-Ellen I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad