WWE: Triple H is frustrated with Vince McMahon

Oct 18, 2011
There's lots of problems. All the matches look the same 95% of the time.

NXT appeals to the smart fans. Bayley is such a cornball act on a bigger stage. Most people don't want to be see the stereotypical smiling overly nice babyface anymore.

Triple H is smart his people are leaking things to his base of fans who love NXT

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
There's lots of problems. All the matches look the same 95% of the time.

NXT appeals to the smart fans. Bayley is such a cornball act on a bigger stage. Most people don't want to be see the stereotypical smiling overly nice babyface anymore.

Triple H is smart his people are leaking things to his base of fans who love NXT

Bayley in NXT was not like that at all and they showcased her wrestling more instead of throwing her in lame feuds that end in a 5 min PPV match. It's almost as if Vince is trying to make her fail.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
The booking HAS been terrible but it really is simply a matter of one thing on the main roster, you need to be able to handle the crowd on the mic or have someone who can do it for you.

Wyatt, Rollins, Bliss (who is incredible on the mic), Owens, Joe, Corbin (under rated in my opinion), all can handle themselves.

Zayn, Sasha, Bailey.... mostly cringe. I would put Nakamura in there as well. They are among the best in the ring though, which made them stars in NXT where it's truly appreciated.

I think given the right time and character to do so, Breeze, AA (who I actually find pretty good if allowed to do their thing), even Zayn (who really isnt far off mic skill wise) would be fine. Sasha needs to be a heel, or at least a more 'Sasha' face. She's trying too hard to be the good girl and it's not believable. Bailey, I don't know. It's hard to be the face in modern times.

They also need to stop hotshotting everyone that comes up just because they get a pop. Build a character, take time and make them more enduring.
This guy gets it.

When you hit that main roster you have to be a total package or your not gonna get far.

Bayley is horrid on the mic.
So is Nakamura
So is face Sasha

These are three of the best NXT stars of all time.

Not a fan of Owens, but his mic skills are well above average to go along with above average workrate. The whole Jericho/Owens storyline is some of the best content the E has seen in some time because of it (Jericho is still elite on the mic) when you didn't need to put KO with somebody who can talk as well as Jericho. That was a treat and was executed perfectly.

You put Nakamura with Heyman, and he will become a superstar instead of a fading one.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
This guy gets it.

When you hit that main roster you have to be a total package or your not gonna get far.

Bayley is horrid on the mic.
So is Nakamura
So is face Sasha

These are three of the best NXT stars of all time.

Not a fan of Owens, but his mic skills are well above average to go along with above average workrate. The whole Jericho/Owens storyline is some of the best content the E has seen in some time because of it (Jericho is still elite on the mic) when you didn't need to put KO with somebody who can talk as well as Jericho. That was a treat and was executed perfectly.

You put Nakamura with Heyman, and he will become a superstar instead of a fading one.

Do you really? Kalisto had US title for a long time, Corbin featured all the time and he sounds like your career mode character in WWE 2K games, Apollo is on TV all the time, Jinder Mahal... and Roman Reigns. All of these are far from the total package.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It's the job of the booker to know what the talent's strengths and weaknesses are and to put them in spots where they can succeed.

If you have someone who can't cut a promo, and make them stand in the middle of the ring and cut old school babyface promos every week, that's on you. Would you put Great Khali in an Iron Man Match?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
How has Bayley been ruined? She's not getting over as much but I don't think she's ruined.

She was ok for me in NXT, still a bit corny but not on the level she is now. Her work rate has seemed to drop significantly too... She's been with the company for a while and has yet to have a promo that she didn't butcher.

I'm at the point where i hope she gets cut because she does absolutely nothing for me.

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
Working a mic is essential to success on the main roster. Next to none of the people brought up who have failed can do that. Those who can (Owens, Balor, Bliss, Neville, Becky, Big E, Zayn, Enzo/Cass now Breeze) are getting over.

Those who can't (Kalisto, Crews, American Alpha, Bayley) aren't. This isn't surprising

Crews was brought up before he was ready because Vince has a ***** for big guys.

Dave Meltzer before Bayley even won the NXT title said that WWE could do something really special with her if they realized it (which he didn't know if they could) that she could be super marketable to little girls. Which considering how few under-18 viewers he says they have at the moment with an average viewer age of 54 according to that one study, they could really use them.

Wyatt, Rollins, Bliss (who is incredible on the mic), Owens, Joe, Corbin (under rated in my opinion), all can handle themselves.

Zayn, Sasha, Bailey.... mostly cringe. I would put Nakamura in there as well. They are among the best in the ring though, which made them stars in NXT where it's truly appreciated

Wyatt's all promo and his promos just bore the crap out of me because he doesn't actually say anything in them. Rollins had one of the worst title reigns in recent history, was emaciated by the McMahons, and then had an absolutely terrible face turn. He is like Ambrose in that he's a guy they're building around and is a star but he should be a far bigger star than he really is, and that's down to their booking.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think i'll always love Bray's promo. His delivery is top notch and his mannerisms are perfect.

I just can't handle the way they've treated him.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
There's a contest here to name 3 baby donkeys (part of a stupid thing called "Donkey Derby Days").

I suggested they name one "Bray".

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Do you really? Kalisto had US title for a long time, Corbin featured all the time and he sounds like your career mode character in WWE 2K games, Apollo is on TV all the time, Jinder Mahal... and Roman Reigns. All of these are far from the total package.
Never said they were.

Reigns can work but is Xpac heat on the mic. I am under the assumption E brass is willing to give them time to figure it out the way they did with Edge and Christian with the exception Edge specifically and Christian not as much could cut very good promos when they were allowed to go off script.

Me thinks Roman can't read or has a hard time remembering his lines...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
"Down with the machine" gimmick with a face WWE title run would have been monster. The fans were all-in to buy it, too. Culminate with a Bray/HHH match at Summerslam. Could have been sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad