WWE: Triple H is frustrated with Vince McMahon

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Normally this would go in the news thread but it's enough to warrant a discussion.

Per Wade Keller, Triple H is frustrated with Vince McMahon because Triple H feels that all the time and energy he spends building talent in NXT or giving them compelling stories and characters goes to waste as soon as they hit Raw or Smackdown due to Vince and his handling of them. The booking of former NXT stars is clearly causing a rift between the two of them creatively.

Imagine being Triple H and see what Bayley and American Alpha did in NXT only to see them being grossly mishandled on the main roster?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would never want Asuka to come up with the way the main roster is using people.

Joe is like the only recent callup doing well. They can't be bothered to give Finn a storyline.

Nakamura's heat is as dead as it can get. They squandered Sasha's heat. They squandered Bayley's heat.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
mImagine being Triple H and see what Bayley and American Alpha did in NXT only to see them being grossly mishandled on the main roster?

Have wwe done any statistical analysis between wwe smackdown and raw viewers vs nxt viewers? Demographics of nxt live attendance vs main roster shows.

Could it be possible that there is a a difference in makeup and preferences. I heard a few retired wrestlers talk about small market cities and how stunned they were that a large chunk of people showing up currently at raw and smackdown didn't know much about half the roster. Some people would come to wwe because it was in town and they used to watch before .

Ill be honest. I took a 6 year break from 2005-2011 and I was one of those people. Had no clue who half the new guys were but still went because it was in town and was a neat way to have fun with friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Looks like Trips alluded to that.

Triple H spoke about stars jumping from NXT to the main roster in a recent interview with FOX Sports, saying not all stars were meant to jump to the top.

"There are some guys and girls that I can tell you in NXT that I look at this person and say, ‘This is a perfect style and gimmick for NXT, not sure about the main roster.’ Or ‘this gimmick and this style is better suited for the main roster, less suited for NXT. Because there’s a difference in the style of the programming and in the product.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bayley was going to be crapped on regardless. Her gimmick is the female Cena. Nobody wants that any more.

Nakamura is a great worker but is horrible on the mic (for obvious reasons). If they weren't giving him a mouthpiece like Heyman he wasn't going to succeed. NXT is more a markish promotion who looks more at the "big match event" type of performance that suited Nakamura perfectly. You gotta talk in the big time or get somebody to talk for you.

Lastly, NXT was having top quality matches until the purge. Leave the workers there and keep that trend up instead of burying these guys on the main rosters.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bayley was going to be crapped on regardless. Her gimmick is the female Cena. Nobody wants that any more.

Nakamura is a great worker but is horrible on the mic (for obvious reasons). If they weren't giving him a mouthpiece like Heyman he wasn't going to succeed. NXT is more a markish promotion who looks more at the "big match event" type of performance that suited Nakamura perfectly. You gotta talk in the big time or get somebody to talk for you.

Lastly, NXT was having top quality matches until the purge. Leave the workers there and keep that trend up instead of burying these guys on the main rosters.

This is not why Bayley is having trouble on the main roster. She was the hottest thing going when she got called up, her pops were huge.

The problem is they couldn't of booked her worse. Arm wrestling Dana, putting the belt on her at a random RAW before Mania, and then not having a clue what to do with any of the women squandered everyone's heat.

Same **** happened with Sasha. She was white hot when she came up, and they wasted her in a **** group, kept her off TV, hot-potatoed the belt on and off her, and forced her to give awful middle of the ring face promos.

The main roster has no idea how to properly book babyfaces. Why they have all heel champs right now, and a blandly waste of a face champ in Naomi.

This idea that Nakamura can't talk is a disproven myth.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Because NXT is the perfect setup. It's a one hour show, not everyone is on every single week, and their special events are every couple to three months....slow burns, slow builds.

The main roster requires seemingly endless amounts of time to be filled every week all to rush to completely meaningless PPVs that are simply long episodes of RAW or Smackdown except for Mania, Summerslam and the Rumble. Look at this Joe/Lesnar feud. Awesome build that needs to be saved for Summer Slam.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
In other news, water is wet.

TBH though, guys like AA were never going to succeed. I said them and breeze would just get buried like fandango did and up until fashion files recently thats exactly what was happening and even now they are just a joke gimmick only making us laugh temporarily.

Only reason i didn't say bayley too was because i thought they'd treat her as female cena in terms of connecting with the kiddies but well...LOL.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
This is not why Bayley is having trouble on the main roster. She was the hottest thing going when she got called up, her pops were huge.

The problem is they couldn't of booked her worse. Arm wrestling Dana, putting the belt on her at a random RAW before Mania, and then not having a clue what to do with any of the women squandered everyone's heat.

Same **** happened with Sasha. She was white hot when she came up, and they wasted her in a **** group, kept her off TV, hot-potatoed the belt on and off her, and forced her to give awful middle of the ring face promos.

The main roster has no idea how to properly book babyfaces. Why they have all heel champs right now, and a blandly waste of a face champ in Naomi.

This idea that Nakamura can't talk is a disproven myth.

The booking HAS been terrible but it really is simply a matter of one thing on the main roster, you need to be able to handle the crowd on the mic or have someone who can do it for you.

Wyatt, Rollins, Bliss (who is incredible on the mic), Owens, Joe, Corbin (under rated in my opinion), all can handle themselves.

Zayn, Sasha, Bailey.... mostly cringe. I would put Nakamura in there as well. They are among the best in the ring though, which made them stars in NXT where it's truly appreciated.

I think given the right time and character to do so, Breeze, AA (who I actually find pretty good if allowed to do their thing), even Zayn (who really isnt far off mic skill wise) would be fine. Sasha needs to be a heel, or at least a more 'Sasha' face. She's trying too hard to be the good girl and it's not believable. Bailey, I don't know. It's hard to be the face in modern times.

They also need to stop hotshotting everyone that comes up just because they get a pop. Build a character, take time and make them more enduring.

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
Normally this would go in the news thread but it's enough to warrant a discussion.

Per Wade Keller, Triple H is frustrated with Vince McMahon because Triple H feels that all the time and energy he spends building talent in NXT or giving them compelling stories and characters goes to waste as soon as they hit Raw or Smackdown due to Vince and his handling of them. The booking of former NXT stars is clearly causing a rift between the two of them creatively.

Imagine being Triple H and see what Bayley and American Alpha did in NXT only to see them being grossly mishandled on the main roster?

considering how wrestling newz sites sensationalize or lie about what the Torch and Wrestling Observer say on a routine basis to get webclicks, can you or someone else post what Keller actually said or wrote?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Face Triple H vs Heel Angle in an NXT vs WWE big angle. unrealistic but fun concept

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
considering how wrestling newz sites sensationalize or lie about what the Torch and Wrestling Observer say on a routine basis to get webclicks, can you or someone else post what Keller actually said or wrote?
There is none unless someone here is subscribed and listened to it. It's not far-fetched, though.

Wade Keller is also close with the Kliq guys and is friends with Waltman and cool with Nash and Hall.

American Alpha, Bo Dallas, Big E (before New Day), The Ascension, Tyler Breeze, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Adam Rose, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Kalisto, Tye Dillinger, Carmella, Nia Jax, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Shinsuke Nakamura, Neville, etc.

Aside from the ready made guys like Owens and Nakamura (and even he's feeling like any other guy), who have they booked properly that their characters were developed in NXT? Alpha was poorly booked from the start and disappeared the past month or so, Dillinger's been gone since like mid-April, Big E was horribly mis-used until The New Day, The Ascension became ripoffs and were quickly buried, Breeze was a nobody until this little stint for the FP, Zayn is kind of back-and-forth, Rose is gone, Bayley's character is destroyed, Banks is meh, Kalisto has always been used pretty poorly, Carmella was brought up too early but is good at getting heat, Jax was too soon, Neville was misused forever until the CW division and his heel turn. The only ones properly booked have been Bliss, Lynch to a degree although she's starting to become a background character to Charlotte, and Charlotte but she's Flair's daughter.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
There is none unless someone here is subscribed and listened to it. It's not far-fetched, though.

Wade Keller is also close with the Kliq guys and is friends with Waltman and cool with Nash and Hall.

American Alpha, Bo Dallas, Big E (before New Day), The Ascension, Tyler Breeze, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Adam Rose, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Kalisto, Tye Dillinger, Carmella, Nia Jax, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Shinsuke Nakamura, Neville, etc.

Aside from the ready made guys like Owens and Nakamura (and even he's feeling like any other guy), who have they booked properly that their characters were developed in NXT? Alpha was poorly booked from the start and disappeared the past month or so, Dillinger's been gone since like mid-April, Big E was horribly mis-used until The New Day, The Ascension became ripoffs and were quickly buried, Breeze was a nobody until this little stint for the FP, Zayn is kind of back-and-forth, Rose is gone, Bayley's character is destroyed, Banks is meh, Kalisto has always been used pretty poorly, Carmella was brought up too early but is good at getting heat, Jax was too soon, Neville was misused forever until the CW division and his heel turn. The only ones properly booked have been Bliss, Lynch to a degree although she's starting to become a background character to Charlotte, and Charlotte but she's Flair's daughter.

Out of all the names you mentioned, how many can properly work a crowd with the microphone?

Big E (and thank goodness for the New Day for that), who else?

And the women's division is a mess because they insist on instantly popping the belt on the new flavour every time and then once the next one comes up, they just forget about the last one.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

You forgot Enzo & Cass. I was the biggest *Enzo & Cass mark on this board and even made a point to watch their segments when the Raw was mostly garbage and now I don't even care about them.

*I even have a couple shirts and I never buy non-throwback wrestling shirts anymore. Only ones I have are them and The Bullet Club. I didn't even get a Y2J list shirt!

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Working a mic is essential to success on the main roster. Next to none of the people brought up who have failed can do that. Those who can (Owens, Balor, Bliss, Neville, Becky, Big E, Zayn, Enzo/Cass now Breeze) are getting over.

Those who can't (Kalisto, Crews, American Alpha, Bayley) aren't. This isn't surprising

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Working a mic is essential to success on the main roster. Next to none of the people brought up can do that. Those who can (Owens, Balor, Bliss, Neville, Becky, Big E, Zayn, Enzo/Cass now Breeze) are getting over.

Those who can't (Kalisto, Crews, American Alpha, Bayley) aren't. This isn't surprising

Old school WWF is just better. Bring back managers and stables. I actually like the Titus brand thing from what I saw because it would be nice to have a new Heenan family, although the Titus stuff seems more comedic unfortunately.

What's old can be new again. I miss good storylines, creative heel turns, long payoffs, etc. To me it doesn't really matter if some of these wrestlers are better athletes and better in the ring if everything else just sucks.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
bad
-Joe has been okay - meh tho since his call up. They didn't have anything for him at Mania. He was supposed to join some stable with HHH/KO but that clearly didn't happen, so what was the point of his call up.This fued with Joe should hopefully get things going for Joe even if it is a one off loss
-Enzo and Cass haven't really done much since their call up except get stale.
-American Alpha, my god what happened to them
-Bayley has been ruined
-Sasha should be heel not this awful face version of her boss character
-Balor started off great but since returning from injury they've had nothing for him
-Wyatt... do I even have to go there

the good
-Corbin
-KO (although super boring now)
- 50/50 on Zayn
- Nakamura, but he's losing steam very fast

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha still gets decent reactions though. How many other crowds are chanting someone's name when they come out? They have to be selling enough merch to keep her on the face side, especially now since Alexa and Nia are the two top heels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad