Trevor Linden - Put your money where your mouth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Trevor Linden and many other player reps paid the fans lip service claiming that we are great fans that deserve to be watching NHL hockey right now. Trevor, I have news for you. We agree with you. You could be playing hockey within 2 weeks if you just agree to what most of us realistic, objective, ordinary and everyday fans want. We want you to negotiate within the framework offered by the owners. Owners do have certain rights as well don't you think?

Fans are as much a product of the game as players are. Without fans you could put the best players in the world on the ice and with nobody there to cheer the atmosphere would be boring. WE WANT HOCKEY BACK ASAP.

Right now, many fans are turning on you guys and fans like myself will never want to cheer for you again. The NHLPA is run by higher paid players most of whom play on big market teams that can afford your contracts. Please try to put your personal feelings aside and think of all 30 teams and the job security for all players that play in the NHL. IT'S TIME FOR A VOTE. If you really believe in what you are sacrificing your careers for don't you think it would be prudent to have a secret vote, like today!?

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
ScottyBowman said:
Dear eye,
Please find a hobby.

Sincerely,
Trevor Linden

I wish you would find another user name because you don't deserve his title or to misrepresent the greatest coach of all time. Why don't you try adding something to a thread instead of policing it?

Scotty Bowman supports cost certainty by the way.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
eye said:
I wish you would find another user name because you don't deserve his title or to misrepresent the greatest coach of all time. Why don't you try adding something to a thread instead of policing it?

Scotty Bowman supports cost certainty by the way.

Because I already did add something to one of your repeat threads 3 weeks ago. Basically you start a new thread every day with "The players need to accept a cap NOW", "If the players want to make money in the NHL, they should accept it NOW", "Players need to speak up, the league needs a cap NOW". You sound like Rush Limbaugh gushing all over George Bush, except you're gushing all over Bettman and his cronies.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
eye said:
You could be playing hockey within 2 weeks if you just agree to what most of us realistic, objective, ordinary and everyday fans want. We want you to negotiate within the framework offered by the owners. Owners do have certain rights as well don't you think?

Um, they could also be playing in two weeks if the owners negotiate within the framework offered by the players. Why do you have such a vicious hatred of the players?

Players have rights as well, unless they accept what the owners are offering, which would take every single right away from them. Gee, I wonder why they won't accept it?

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
ScottyBowman said:
Because I already did add something to one of your repeat threads 3 weeks ago. Basically you start a new thread every day with "The players need to accept a cap NOW", "If the players want to make money in the NHL, they should accept it NOW", "Players need to speak up, the league needs a cap NOW". You sound like Rush Limbaugh gushing all over George Bush, except you're gushing all over Bettman and his cronies.

I have more than justified my position and also provided rational for my viewpoints right or wrong. Perhaps you should try the same. If you want to disagree feel free but take your bull and narrow minded stabs at others posts and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. My posts are different. It's your problem, not mine if you can't figure that out on your own.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
There is nothing new here that couldn't have been posted as a reply to dozens of other threads. New threads should not be started when there are existing threads that deal with the same subject matter. We've tried to be very lenient in this regard for this forum, but we won't tolerate the privelege being abused. This thread is closed, and similar ones are subject to closure. There will be a sticky Rant of the Day thread added where people can add these kinds of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad