Trevor Lewis

Checker*

His name has come up a few times on a Blues board and his stats and accolades were intriguing in the USHL. I see that he's putting up decent numbers in the playoffs as well. I'm wondering if anyone has any more info on this player, strengths and weaknesses, projections, and where you think he'll be drafted? Thanks.

X-SHARKIE

Checker said:
His name has come up a few times on a Blues board and his stats and accolades were intriguing in the USHL. I see that he's putting up decent numbers in the playoffs as well. I'm wondering if anyone has any more info on this player, strengths and weaknesses, projections, and where you think he'll be drafted? Thanks.

I've seen him several times now, He has incredible speed, has a powerful shot, and his vision of the ice is impressive.

I like him as a late second round pick, he is comparable to Andreas Nold IMO. His speed is a huge asset, his shot is good although he doesn't have the natural instincts Nodl does, but he plays a more complete game then Nodl.

He benifited from playing with Okposo, the best player in the USHL IMO. Okposo has the high end skill to create an offensive oppertunity every play and at the same time will do all the dirty work for his line mates to benefit.

I would take him late second.

He's going to Michigan next year.

Last edited:

Checker*

X-SHARKIE said:
I've seen him several times now, He has incredible speed, has a powerful shot, and his vision of the ice is impressive.

I like him as a late second round pick, he is comparable to Andreas Nold IMO. His speed is a huge asset, his shot is good although he doesn't have the natural instincts Nodl does, but he plays a more complete game then Nodl.

He benifited from playing with Okposo, the best player in the USHL IMO. Okposo has the high end skill to create an offensive oppertunity every play and at the same time will do all the dirty work for his line mates to benefit.

I would take him late second.

He's going to Michigan next year.

Thanks for the help. From what you're describing, he sounds like a 2nd line type. Are there any current or past players that you could compare him to?

Also, what are the downsides in his game? Considering he won the Curt Hammer Award for character, and you gave him good marks in regard to skating, shooting, and vision, what would be the thing he's lacking to knock him into the 2nd round?
Thanks again.

X-SHARKIE

Checker said:
Thanks for the help. From what you're describing, he sounds like a 2nd line type. Are there any current or past players that you could compare him to?

Also, what are the downsides in his game? Considering he won the Curt Hammer Award for character, and you gave him good marks in regard to skating, shooting, and vision, what would be the thing he's lacking to knock him into the 2nd round?
Thanks again.

Scouts must wonder as do I, if he'll be able to do it at the next level. He's a year older than the other draft eligibles. Also he isn't a physical player and if he's not scoring, how much use is he?

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
X-SHARKIE said:
Scouts must wonder as do I, if he'll be able to do it at the next level.

The same question was asked about some kid from Mount Vernon, Washington that the Blues chose 24th overall last year. Said player had a pretty good year as a freshman on one of the top Division I programs in the country...

X-SHARKIE said:
He's a year older than the other draft eligibles.

Is that really such a big deal? Maybe he's a late bloomer...

X-SHARKIE said:
Also he isn't a physical player and if he's not scoring, how much use is he?

You could ask that about any scoring forward, couldn't you?

I'm not saying I'd use a first-round pick on Lewis, but I'd think hard about taking him at the top of the second round, and if he's there when the Blues' pick comes up in the third round, I'd snatch him there in a heartbeat.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad