Trevor Daley vs Shawn Belle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Pretty obvious, title says it all.. Who's the better defensive prospect of the two? Compare their strenghts, their weaknesses and their simularities with eachother and then predict each' projected offensive numbers during their peak years as well as what number of defenseman they may become (Top 2, Top 3, Top 4?, 3rd pairing?)...

Thanks in advance..

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Shawn Belle
A lot bigger, and stronger that Daley, but very, very Raw, so size means squat here. One of the better skating defenceman prospects I've seen since Jovanovski. From what I saw at the WJC, seeing Belle in the WHL, makes a great 1st pass, but isn't much of an offensive threat...

Trevor Daley
Small. (5'9'' 180 M=D?) But another great skater with a lot of mobility. An offensive wizard in juniours, not sure if he'll be as effective runnin' the powerplay for the Stars.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
monster_bertuzzi said:
Shawn Belle
A lot bigger, and stronger that Daley, but very, very Raw, so size means squat here. One of the better skating defenceman prospects I've seen since Jovanovski. From what I saw at the WJC, seeing Belle in the WHL, makes a great 1st pass, but isn't much of an offensive threat...

Trevor Daley
Small. (5'9'' 180 M=D?) But another great skater with a lot of mobility. An offensive wizard in juniours, not sure if he'll be as effective runnin' the powerplay for the Stars.

5'10 and 205.. He's actually very strong..

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
i thought belle is seen as a top line talent in st. louis, daley has really come on but i've always seen him as a 2nd pair offensive Defensman with the potential to push a top line.
either way i hear these are two of the best skating Defensive prospects in the league.
daley was right behind J-Bo in there draft year. and i hear that belle is a top end skater as well

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I personally like Daley better, but that could be because I'm not the biggest fan of Shawn Belle.

The only thing that Belle has on Daley is height and maybe a bit more physical aggression.

Both are quick, both are thick and are physical, but IMO Daley is the smarter player at both the offensive and defensive end.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Wonder what Dallas fans think of Belle now?

Personally, I never liked the selection of Belle to begin with, so I'm not disappointed that the Blues traded him.

What can anyone tell me about Bacashihua?

Thanks.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Brian Weidler said:
Wonder what Dallas fans think of Belle now?

Personally, I never liked the selection of Belle to begin with, so I'm not disappointed that the Blues traded him.

What can anyone tell me about Bacashihua?

Thanks.

Bacashihua was arguably our 2nd, if not even 3rd goalie prospect at the time of being traded. He has a boat load of talent, but has never developed his biggest weakness (conisistency) and is by some considered a lockerroom cancer.. He's further away from making it to the NHL than you'd think and is far from a sure thing.

I'm still glad it's him instead of Ellis..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad