Travis Zajac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
What's his potential ? And where in the draft do you think he will be drafted . If he makes it to the NHL what type of numbers do you expect from him ? Is he a checker , defensive foward , or a goal scorer ?

BCCHL inactive

Zajac is the highest ranked Jr.A player I have ever seen. Given that he will be going to the NCAA next season, I think he's a 2nd round pick.

For Salmon Arm, he did everything. He scored, he set up goals and he came back to help on defence.

As for any player in the draft, his NHL potential is impossible to accurately predict.

Jakethesnake

May 27, 2003
Sydney
Visit site
zajaz was just on another level all year. we was physically dominant, a fluid and fast skater and possesed great hands with the ability to create plays at top speed. however it was the bchl so predicting he potential as an nhl player is difficult. i reckon he has the potential to play on the 2nd line

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Jay Thompson said:
Travis Zajac's Profile

His potential I feel is a first line scorer, but he's a risky pick.

Hit or miss ? From the looks of things he could be a second liner at worst and a legit first liner at best . It also says he could be a bottom six , to risky to pick in the draft in the first round IMO .

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Draft Guru said:
Not a fan of Zajac. I wouldn't touch him before pick 40, that's for sure.

Even you have to admit he would be a great pick up for the second or third round .

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
How does Zajac compare to Chucko. I know they were teamates but did one carry the other? I know Zajac will be in NoDak and Chucko at Minn. Both good schools to be recruted by. So i would imagine both are pretty talented. Just wondering if one was better.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
MN_Gopher said:
How does Zajac compare to Chucko. I know they were teamates but did one carry the other? I know Zajac will be in NoDak and Chucko at Minn. Both good schools to be recruted by. So i would imagine both are pretty talented. Just wondering if one was better.

Zajac is the more talented and better one .

ruutu37

May 4, 2004
I see the silverbacks play a lot. Chucko can't be compared in the same sentance as Zajac, but I also think Zajac's name shouldn't be mentioned in the first round. Late 2nd-3rd at best IMO

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
MN_Gopher said:

Depends on what your team is looking for. There becomes a time when a team can have too many of one type of player and need to balance it out with a different type of player. If you have too many grinders, you need more finesse. If you have too many finesse players, you need more guys with grit.

Chucko is a leader. A hard working, gritty and tough player that can score goals but he won't razzle dazzle you with moves (similar player to Grant Potulny but probably skates better). Zajac plays a more flashy game and skates well but he lacks grit and toughness. There will have to be somebody on his line that does the dirty work in the corners or creating havoc in front of the net as he isn't as good in those areas.

Ultimately, I doubt either team is disappointed in the player they got.

BCCHL inactive

Depending on where he goes, and how his TBA NHL club feels about his potential, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zajac leave the NCAA in the near future for the WHL...much like Chuck Kobasew and Duncan Keith did (just to name a couple).

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Van said:
Depending on where he goes, and how his TBA NHL club feels about his potential, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zajac leave the NCAA in the near future for the WHL...much like Chuck Kobasew and Duncan Keith did (just to name a couple).

Chuck doesn't impress me one bit :shakehead . If he is a Chuck Kobasew type player then he should be picked late in the second or third round .

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Due to my close proximity to Salmon Arm, I've been able to see Zajac play several (four or five) times. Honestly, I have to say, I wasn't very impressed. No way he goes in the first round. Most likely mid-to-early third, although possibly late second.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
I might sound crazy but if I'm sitting with the 27,28,29,30 in the first round I consider him...it's very risk/reward but in my book if he continues to develop at the level he has I think the reward is worth it...I mean I highly doubt he'll be any worse than a good 3rd liner anyways...So I say take the risk...I wish the Caps would use a pick on him. People saying late 2nd early 3rd I aso think are wrong..I see him going within th first 10 picks of the 2nd round if someone doesnt tak a chance on him late first. Maybe I'll eat my words..I dunno but just my opinion.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Shane said:
Due to my close proximity to Salmon Arm, I've been able to see Zajac play several (four or five) times. Honestly, I have to say, I wasn't very impressed. No way he goes in the first round. Most likely mid-to-early third, although possibly late second.

Did you get a chance to see Ray Sawada? What's your take on him? Is he anything like Bryon Bitz (since I've seen Bitz at Cornell, as I don't get to see any BCJHL games)

CoolDude*

Raymond Sawada will never make the NHL, ive watched him play many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad