Travel to Pittsburgh

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
To get slightly back on topic. Does anyone here have access to tickets for sale? Season tickets etc that are not always used. Once I know which games I want to go to I would be up for making a deal.

If that is not payable any idea when the Pens sell their individual tickets to the public?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
To get slightly back on topic. Does anyone here have access to tickets for sale? Season tickets etc that are not always used. Once I know which games I want to go to I would be up for making a deal.

If that is not payable any idea when the Pens sell their individual tickets to the public?

Check the Pens website, just hover over 'Tickets' and you'll get different options.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

You'll have no problems getting tickets cheap on Pens ticket exchange. Despite their success. I think there is a great "fatigue" in high priced tickets in this area. Tickets below STH face value are easy to get in the regular season, and also in the playoffs. A lot of that is with the Pens success, the Pens know they can keep raising ticket prices on the season ticket holder, and most are going to pay it for fear of losing their seats. Even if the price is set above market value. That is why the STH waiting list went from 10k people, to zero in a couple of years, haha. I think that is where we are now, season tickets set above market, negating the need to purchase a 43 game package.

I know with a few more raises, I will drop mine and just buy them CHEAPER online than what I would pay for them as a STH.

Last edited:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I'm one of those people who like to have everything booked and paid for before leaving home. That is one of the reasons why I asked if anyone here would be interested in selling to me, gets me my tickets and get you the money without any fees etc from selling online.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Hi everyone,

I will be in Pittsburgh for a conference in October. I'm planning to go the game against Nashville.

When does the tickets come on sale? What is the best place to buy tix? Are there other places than Ticketmaster?

Cheers!

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
As per post above, go via the official website in August. Will be worth signing up to the newsletter online to get to know when tickets are going on sale.

Bar Down

Bar Mexico
Jan 28, 2013
Beneath PPG Paints
Hi everyone,

I will be in Pittsburgh for a conference in October. I'm planning to go the game against Nashville.

When does the tickets come on sale? What is the best place to buy tix? Are there other places than Ticketmaster?

Cheers!

Ticket sales for the upcoming season have not been announced yet.

I use SeatGeek most times. However, if I'm just hanging out near the arena, I use Gametime and buy tickets at discounted prices just before puck drop.

WBSPens99

Jun 12, 2016
Bronx, NY
StubHub is my choice. Saved at least a good $50 on getting tickets to PIT/NYR at MSG back in March as opposed to TicketCrapster.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
Bloody hell how many different ticket brokers are there now :laugh:

I can't even imagine how many ticket brokers there are. some are big companies that merely "middle" tickets like StubHub and SeatGeek and then you have the "small business type" that sell via eBay and other outlets. a friend of a friend is the latter. he helped set me up with tickets to the Canucks v Pens in Vancouver in October of 2010. basically he's a STH of several teams (I'm not even sure what city he actually lives in) and just sells all of those tickets on the secondary market.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Think I've settled on my trip.

Vancouver
Tampa
Philly

Not the best trio but at least I've never seen these teams before.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Now, where should I stay in Pittsburgh? When I was here in December I stayed in Oakland not far from the uni. Whilst it was a decent area those ****ing stairs from the bus stop damn near killed me whilst pissed :laugh:

I am doing Airbnb as I am not rich :laugh: (unless someone here has a spare bed and wants to earn a few $$$$) so are there any areas I should avoid? I also need to have bus heading downtown to get to the Arena etc.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Now, where should I stay in Pittsburgh? When I was here in December I stayed in Oakland not far from the uni. Whilst it was a decent area those ****ing stairs from the bus stop damn near killed me whilst pissed :laugh:

I am doing Airbnb as I am not rich :laugh: (unless someone here has a spare bed and wants to earn a few $$$$) so are there any areas I should avoid? I also need to have bus heading downtown to get to the Arena etc.

I prefer the east end of Pittsburgh. Shadyside and Lawrenceville is where I'd suggest. If you want to be closer to downtown, maybe try the Strip District. The Mexican War Streets would be a cool place to stay, if you're into older architecture. I'd say the Mexican War Streets is the least safe out of the 4 neighborhoods I mentioned, though.

Maybe I'll own a home by then and would have a spare room. Doubt it, though.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Check out the Hampton and Homewood Suites on Smallman St. Very good free breakfasts and the Hampton has free parking.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Paying hotel prices is not an option. I'm on a tight budget of around $50 a night at most.. I always do Airbnb as to me hotels are dead money. I won't have a car too. But thanks for the suggestion.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Just had a thought after seeing the comments by Marc-Edouard Vlasic about the Olympics, when do you think the cut-off date will be for the final decision. Yes I know Bettman has said they ain't going but the players are still pushing to go.

I ask as I am planning a trip to Boston Feb 1st -7th. Going off the schedule for Sochi the NHL final game was on the 8th Feb with the Olympics starting 12th Feb. If the NHL does go do you think they will keep to the same time frame of 4 days?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad