Travel Thread

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Booked a vacation for early September. Two days in Reykjavik and then 15 days on the west coast of Ireland, starting in Galway and ending in Cobh.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Just got back from a week in Japan. Much of it was spent in Tokyo with a few friends who had never been before, so we did the typical tourist sites.

Before they arrived though, I spent 2 nights in Sapporo. Was lucky enough to see the cherry blossoms bloom. Very neat trip.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Went on a road trip in March.

Started in Toronto and made a stop in North Carolina for 2 nights for a Canes/Leafs game and then went on to Florida to watch Leafs/Panthers Leafs/Tampa and a Jays spring training game. It was spring break/st pattys so safe to say it was lit. My buddy pulled a full 24 hrs on the way back from Florida to Toronto

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Was just looking for a thread like this.
Just booked my first solo travel. Landing in Bangkok September 3, not sure what I'm going to do though. Planning to be away for 7-8 months in Sout East Asia. :)

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Was just looking for a thread like this.
Just booked my first solo travel. Landing in Bangkok September 3, not sure what I'm going to do though. Planning to be away for 7-8 months in Sout East Asia. :)

Phuket is tremendous.
Enjoyed Kuala Lumpur for the short time I was there.
Really, really love the Philippines.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Currently in Albania. Beautiful country and cheap! Great beaches . rented a car and drove through most of it.

Next is montenegro, Croatia , and then Bosnia.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just got back from Paris

the place has gotten worse over the past few years

That's what I constantly hear about it from my older friends who have taken multiple trips over the last 10-20 year. Makes me a little sad I never made an effort to go before, because how they describe what it's turned to it just doesn't sound enjoyable. Especially with the effort it would require to get there from the States.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
That's what I constantly hear about it from my older friends who have taken multiple trips over the last 10-20 year. Makes me a little sad I never made an effort to go before, because how they describe what it's turned to it just doesn't sound enjoyable. Especially with the effort it would require to get there from the States.

How they describe Paris?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
2nd time in my life I've been back to my home.

Didn't want to come during rainy season but couldn't pass up another trip considering the circumstances. First day here and we couldn't have asked for a better break in the weather... hoping it's a good omen lol.

vzowe8e.jpg

EiGs3xk.jpg

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Just got back from my 3 weeks in Africa.

Cape Town doesn't need any explanation. I was put off a little by the safety, but the city is incredible. Soooo much to do - reminded me of where I went to school in Boulder, Colorado, except on the water.

Rwanda blew my mind though. Kigali is the cleanest city I've ever been to, including cities in Asia, US and Europe. Friendly people, amazing weather, so safe and the gorilla trekking was arguably the coolest experience I've ever had. Being so close to a silverback gorilla is something else.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Paris used to have a good music community but over the past ten years more and more cafes have been banned from playing live music and there is now restrictions on street performers that now has many performers bi-passing Paris all together

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Where is this?

Freetown, Sierra Leone. Have family here so we'll probably end up spending the next week or so in Salone and then head off to visit Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana as well where we'll spend a few days in Abidjan and Accra before heading home.

Just got back from my 3 weeks in Africa.

Cape Town doesn't need any explanation. I was put off a little by the safety, but the city is incredible. Soooo much to do - reminded me of where I went to school in Boulder, Colorado, except on the water.

Rwanda blew my mind though. Kigali is the cleanest city I've ever been to, including cities in Asia, US and Europe. Friendly people, amazing weather, so safe and the gorilla trekking was arguably the coolest experience I've ever had. Being so close to a silverback gorilla is something else.

Glad to hear you had an excellent trip. Never been to Eastern or Southern Africa but Zambia, Tanzania and South Africa are high on my have-to-visit list. Rwanda sounds especially intriguing and a place I'll definitely have to add now as well.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Freetown, Sierra Leone. Have family here so we'll probably end up spending the next week or so in Salone and then head off to visit Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana as well where we'll spend a few days in Abidjan and Accra before heading home.

Glad to hear you had an excellent trip. Never been to Eastern or Southern Africa but Zambia, Tanzania and South Africa are high on my have-to-visit list. Rwanda sounds especially intriguing and a place I'll definitely have to add now as well.

Let me know if you need any suggestions for Ghana, was there last year along with Liberia. I love West Africa, but he heat right about now is unbearable there. I was literally covered in sweat perpetually.

Yes, Central/Southern Africa are great. Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia are all beautiful. I would also recommend Rwanda to anyone, it's a shame that most people just associate it with the genocide and assume it's unsafe. It's the fastest growing economy on the continent.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Going to Las Vegas and LA for a week at the start of June looking forward to it.. so much to do.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Grand Canyon, Sedona, Prescott (the best meadery in the world is there).

Definitely Scottsdale for shopping. Glendale obviously for sports. Not much for sight seeing. Maybe do a hike one day? I'd really just reccomend doing city stuff

Phoenix was amazing. I didnt go to Grand Canyon or Sedona or any places like that. I golfed about and hour north west of Phoenix. Majority of the trip though was in the Phoenix area.

Walked ASU campus grounds. Beautiful scenery;)
took in a Dodgers-Padres spring training game the afternoon I got there.
Went and caught Caps/Coyotes on my birthday, took in Dbacks Opening Day (there is a regular baseball game and then there is OPENING FREAKING DAY!!) What an experience. I then walked down the street and took in Rockets/Suns. It was a cool experience I suppose as where I live we dont get live NBA games but no James Harden killed that a little.

I golfed twice. Went to a whole bunch of bars and stuff, tried out a lot of craft beers, hardly had any of the usual big name brand beers.

I'd definitely do Phoenix again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad