Post-Game Talk: Trana Blanks Ballardian-type Habs 4-0 -- Would rather eat Crayfish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Jets have been my 2nd team since they came back, nice to see them finally turning the corner. That top-9 is insane.

I once played on the same team with a guy who later played for the Jets. High school team that is. We won the local school championship, he probably scored 80% of the goals. My older sister back in Sweden still has a film that my dad took when we played the final many many moons ago.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I haven’t watched more than one period since the trade deadline

With Bergevin at the helm again next season not sure how much I will watch. Boring hockey going on 7 years now

Reactions: PaulD

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Jets have been my 2nd team since they came back, nice to see them finally turning the corner. That top-9 is insane.

Their uniform resembles a certain Atlantic Division rival. Why don't real fans and fair weather ones admit this to themselves?

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
after the game, CJ said in French that his 1st line had some offensive chances but that was it beside Lindgren. Just curious what's his 1st line is? The Drouin one who had 6 shots on goal or the DelaRose one with 14.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I haven’t watched more than one period since the trade deadline

With Bergevin at the helm again next season not sure how much I will watch. Boring hockey going on 7 years now
I have grown to enjoy watching the Jets, Pens, sometimes Vegas, and believe it or not the Bruins. The Bs are are a team built with all bases covered.

Last edited:

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
These games are basically exhibition games for the Habs. They’ll win some, but lose most. Why bother getting angry at this point? The more they lose, the better draft pick. I’m not happy, but I do want a shot at first pick. I’d rather see them experiment with lines and shut down injured players then see them try to win.
I’m as ticked off as anyone with management (especially if it’s true that there were offers for Shaw but MB said no), but I’m going to hold off until the draft and free agent frenzy before I further condemn the team. With a couple key players and s lot of luck, they can definitely be back in the thick of it next year.

I just don’t get how Ottawa is doing worse than the Habs! They have the parts that we’re missing, yet they’re worse off?!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Leafs fan coming in peace.

I know it sucks for you guys right now but having been there not so long ago, trust me it will get better. Do yourselves a massive favour and get rid of Molson and his puppet Bergevin. There's few things better in life than the Leafs kicking the absolute **** out of the Habs but even for me, I feel bad for you guys. You guys deserve better and Leafs/ Habs should always be at the top of the league as it's two finest franchises. Good luck with the tank till our next meeting.

Also, Lindgren was by far the best player on the ice today. He's the reason this game didn't end up 10-0. The guy is a monster.
So for the past 3 and half seasons, 14 games in a row, the Habs beat the Leafs, and now this year the Leafs finally break the streak, and you post this passive aggressive crap on this board?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The Habs had alot of success against Toronto between 2004ish to 2017, but now you get the feeling that the leafs will have the Habs number at least for a few years.

It's the same feeling of inevitable loss I used to get when watching the Habs lose to the leafs between 1999 and 2003ish.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
How the hell do the Habs continue to churn out star goalie prospects one after another? Lindgren could fetch quite a bit in the off season if Lehner fetched a 1st round pick and more.
If we could get a 1st rounder for him i'd be all for it and then we can keep Niemi as a backup for Price.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So for the past 3 and half seasons, 14 games in a row, the Habs beat the Leafs, and now this year the Leafs finally break the streak, and you post this passive aggressive crap on this board?

Sad but true. Leafs are looking bright but they have a long way to go before they even achieve similar success to what we had while they were stuck in a loop. They should probably win a couple of playoff series at the very minimal before they come in speaking of better days. Simply making the playoffs is only satisfying for so long.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
giphy.gif

Pitty from leaf fans

(whos team has not won a play off round in 14 years)

But we are being pittied by leaf fans and MB : "Im proud of what we've done here"

Grumpy folks.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Can I expect goals to be called back in the future because of Plekanec's antics? He better not pull crap like that again.

brianp1950

Sep 28, 2017
Shutout 11 times!

Molson: “Marc Bergevin knows how to build a team.”

Get the **** out of here you moron.
lol, what team has MB ever built? now, you want to talk about nim being a team destroyer? Mr. Molson, you have my approval and agreement

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Grumpy folks.
Actually i was at first ripping the leaf fans who came on board and said he "felt sorry for hab fans and that he has been there" Stating as you did , that as if Loafers have won anything they should feel superior for.

But I did add that we are actually being pitied by leafs fans????? Ridiculous as that is.

Clears that up. ;)

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
When Plek was a Hab many of us said he was playing too much, too high in the line up, over paid, and getting in the way of newer guys getting a proper look.

Many of us including myself also predicted that will never happen under Babcock (when he was traded to the loafs) Those of us who follow the habs knew Lou over paid .

It speaks to how bad the Hab team is. How low the bar is set. But what mostly reeked was to see a guy in a supposed leadership role (with an A on his shirt) coasting that soft game night in night out....... and be continually rewarded with primo ice time.

Pleks is a nice guy on a bad team.....I never disliked him personally.....I hated what his front and center presence said about this lousy sinking organization.He was a constant reminder that this team was circling the drain.

The role Plekanec gets on the leafs is the same as he would get anywhere in the league .........except you know where.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
When Plek was in Hab twon lost of us said he was playing too much, too high in the line up, over paid, and getting in the way of newer guys getting a proper look.

Also stated that will never happen under Babcock when he gets traded. So we who follow the habs new Lou way over paid for a guy his coach really wont have a problem sitting out come play off time.

It speaks to how bad the hab team is. How low the bar is set. But what mostly reeked was to see a guy in a supposed leadership role (with an A on his shirt) coasting that soft game night in night out....... and be continually rewarded with primo ice time.

Pleks is a nice guy on a bad team.....i never disliked him personaly.....I hated what he stood for and what he projected about this lousy sinking organization.

The role he has on the leafs right now would be the very most he would get anywhere in the league.........except you know where.

It's the tale of this organization, we lower the standards because we can't acquire talent. Wrong players in wrong seats, we complain about sucking, but we look for a scapegoat and want to stay the same.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Actually i was at first ripping the leaf fans who came on board and said he "felt sorry for hab fans and that he has been there" Stating as you did , that as if Loafers have won anything they should feel superior for.

But I did add that we are actually being pitied by leafs fans????? Ridiculous as that is.

Clears that up. ;)
fair

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's the tale of this organization, we lower the standards because we can't acquire talent. Wrong players in wrong seats, we complain about sucking, but we look for a scapegoat and want to stay the same.
Pleks is no scapegoat. Just proof/example of how shallow the team was up front.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
lol, what team has MB ever built? now, you want to talk about nim being a team destroyer? Mr. Molson, you have my approval and agreement

Petry is the only defender with more then 2 seasons here. He’s completely changed our defence in his image, which is to keep as many pucks out of the net as possible and ironically, they’re doing the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad