Waived: Training camp cut down

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So Krebs and Korczak are allowed there? I thought the WHL was playing a 24 games season, which is ridiculously low, and that might hurt their possibilities of being AHL eligible.
Playing there before the WHL starts up again. No set date, right?

Also:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Also:

I don't think they have a start date yet. They waned Jan. 8 but they don't have provincial approval yet, though they said they are confident they will get it.

I hope our guys can stay in the AHL the entire year. I understand they can start and end the year in the AHL and have the middle part be WHL if needed but their development will most likely be much better if they can stay there all year.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Also:

So do we think these guys, and Holden and Dansk, could be the taxi squad?

Also, couldn't they assign Glass and Hague to the taxi squad and put Kolesar and Coghlan in the 20 roster in order to save even more cap? At least to make sure compliance for day one. Then put Tuch to IR and switch Kolesar/Coghlan for Glass/Hague on game day.

They would save 214,444 on the cap, which is small but possibly enough to make sure their compliant, and compliant for a longer period if some injuries put more guys on IR.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If Tuch is good to go, I'm guessing the 'official' opening day roster won't feature Glass or Hague either for cap saving purposes (Kolesar & Coghlan in). That would start them at 373.6k under the cap with a roster of 20, according to Capfriendly.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If Tuch is good to go, I'm guessing the 'official' opening day roster won't feature Glass or Hague either for cap saving purposes (Kolesar & Coghlan in). That would start them at 373.6k under the cap with a roster of 20, according to Capfriendly.

Even if Tuch is injured they probably do this with Glass and Hague and wait until our game day to reassign and recall so they have 21 on the roster for fewer days and can be cap compliant to start the season. Means Quinney, Glass and Hague need to be reassigned today or tomorrow before the season starts followed by reassigning Coghlan and calling up Hague and Glass on game day.

Kolesar not being waived leads me to believe Tuch will be out opening game and Kolesar will be in. They would need an extra day to reassign him because of waivers. No need to put Tuch on IR because we don't need the extra roster spot as we probably only use 20-21 all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad