Training Camp 2013!

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger
Lines and D-pairs stay the same as 1st two days with Saad-Pirri-Hayes working together as the extras line. #Blackhawks

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
The Rockford kids -- Hayes, Saad and Pirri --skating together on the "fifth line" in special "not in the rotation" jerseys.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Actually, Q said in his comments yesterday Stalberg will see PP time.

If they are going to try to set up in their own zone and beat the defense with speed to force an odd man rush, he could be very useful there. When the team sets up though, he has to be in front of the net. If that is the plan, yeah, let's try it. But as a shooter, he is quite poor so it needs to be on the rush or in front. He's not that good of a passer either.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks

Defensive pairings today: Keith-Seabrook, Hjalmarsson-Oduya, Brookbank-Leddy, Stanton-Rozsival

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
What we really need is quality top-four defenseman. Leddy, Oduya, and Hjalmarsson haven't played like of to-four quality. They have good depth guys like Rozsival and Brookbank and 2 and 7 on the ice the most, but I don't like the number three and four guys now. I'm not a fan at all.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
What we really need is quality top-four defenseman. Leddy, Oduya, and Hjalmarsson haven't played like of to-four quality. They have good depth guys like Rozsival and Brookbank and 2 and 7 on the ice the most, but I don't like the number three and four guys now. I'm not a fan at all.

I disagree on Rozsival being a depth guy.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Rozsival is a top 4 dman who Hawks seem to not desire to use as a top 4 dman

34 yr old who was 5th on the Yotes D in TOI/game and only played 54 games. Is only getting older, hasn't played a full season since 09-10. Don't know if you can rely on this guy to be 2nd-pair player all year.

That said, I'd prefer Leddy/Rozsival even though it probably isn't something that you'll be able to roll out every single game. But any way you look at it Hammer/Oduya is a nightmare pairing. And that's 2nd pair! They were horrible together last year in the playoffs.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They may want to conserve him at even strength so he can play a lot on special teams.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
34 yr old who was 5th on the Yotes D in TOI/game and only played 54 games. Is only getting older, hasn't played a full season since 09-10. Don't know if you can rely on this guy to be 2nd-pair player all year. .

All year, maybe not...but I believe he was 2nd or 3rd in TOI for the Yotes in the playoffs last year.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
Top PP unit right is Toews, Shaw, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook. Other unit is Kane, Stalberg, Bolland, Leddy, Sharp (at point).

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Didn't get an invite

Yep.

And the short season means he probably wouldn't have made the team even if they had been invited.

Better to let both him and Danault play out their last CHL playoffs than waste their time trying to make the NHL midseason (for them).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad