Ansar Khan: Trades, Buyouts, and the Entry Draft

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Even if Klein were expendable, I think they could get a good young player with many years of cheap service under control in exchange for him. Not one year of Hemsky at $5 mil. That was my point. The two sides of that scale are not even in the same universe.

Should have been clear the add would be on the Oilers, they could balance it accordingly though a real swap meet of parts and pieces. You could make this a deal, some of what Nashville is looking for the Oilers have and vice-versa. They make ideal partners to me, one is swimming in potential forwards with forward depth issues and D problems, the other has a ton of depth forwards and defense, but need more talented forwards and top 6 potential type forwards.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Perron is a little chicken **** weasel, and if that second line of Perron-Gagner-Yakupov is ever iced, they'll get the living bejesus beaten out of them. This is another step in the wrong direction for the Oil up front.

I don't get this deal for either side. Makes more sense for the Blues I guess, if they figure the players are a wash and they get a 2nd.

The blues shed some salary, too, as I can't see MPS pulling down anything near what Perron was making. I think St. Louis made out like bandits on this. They get bigger, younger, faster, and cheaper. They lose out on some goal scoring, but if MPS finds his game, they don't lose out there, either.

I agree about the Oil screwing up. I still think they should be going after guys like Morrow and Cleary up front, and maybe trying to add Lydman to their Ferance signing.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
They are betting on cap going up.

Those six Winterclassics are gonna make huge extra revenue for NHL.

Like the wings one, what is the stadium capacity, 115 000 spectators? And average ticket is 487 dollars. That makes 56 million in revenues from one game. :amazed: Freaking crazy. Almost one team budget.

If other Classics can make half about that, it will be ~200 million extra revenue for NHL. 6.67 million per team in a 30 team league.

I don't where did I read it, but there was speculation for a 12 million raise for next season. Some other speculations have been 7 million. Solving the Phoenix situation also helped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad