Ansar Khan: Trades, Buyouts, and the Entry Draft

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
How was Dallas at center before they got Seguin?

Awful. Now they have 2 legit centers. It was a great deal for them if Seguin is the real thing again. They not only addressed a need but they also got the more talented player in the deal (afaict); the cost was high but in their situation? I think it was a bold, but perfect move.

But you knew all that, that's why you asked the question :)

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Eklund has Bobby Ryan to Detroit at E3... So... Yeah... Random worthless bit of information of the day... Nothing wrong with dreaming though.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
1) I don't know that Boston was looking to trade him to a team in it's own division. They're a little arrogant but that's pretty much saying "we think Seguin is a bust." I dunno, I think that'd be a factor.

2) We don't have anyone as good as they gave up. Although I will concede "that guy"'s point that if Nyquist or Tatar had been given more playing time; MAYBE we could have? But speaking of "unicorns"; we didn't and we therefore don't have that kind of asset.

Unless like I said, you'd like them to move Z or Kronner? Cause that's the only way we're getting a former #2 overall draft pick afaict... and we'll probably have to give extra due to age. Really.

Wade Redden is a UFA :naughty:

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Yeah i'm thinking that to, I would'nt mind Horcoff If Edmonton had bought him out. And we could have had him on a short cheap deal but not for what he's getting no way for a 3rd line center.

I will lol if Nill provides Danny Cleary as a linemate of Horcoff. It's well within the realm of possibility.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I will lol if Nill provides Danny Cleary as a linemate of Horcoff. It's well within the realm of possibility.

Sure it is, Nill knows Cleary the best and I guess theres supossingly 12 teams interested in him. I would'nt be surprised to see Dallas as one of the teams. That would be pretty funny though, Horcoff and Cleary together Dallas would have a joke of a 3rd line there that's for sure.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Sure it is, Nill knows Cleary the best and I guess theres supossingly 12 teams interested in him. I would'nt be surprised to see Dallas as one of the teams. That would be pretty funny though, Horcoff and Cleary together Dallas would have a joke of a 3rd line there that's for sure.

The big joke is that I don't think it would be their 3rd line, it would be their 2nd.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Yes Feaster please do, Sign him and save us poor ole Red Wing fans from Ken Hollands ineptitude.

To be fair, I think we're back to mediocrity.

My logic is that if 12+ other GMs wanted to talk to Cleary we can only say Holland is "average" for wanting to do so :)

(Actually, I'm still in the Holland is pretty good camp. But I won't lie; I have NO clue what we're doing this offseason; if it's nothing, I think that's a terribad decision)

crashman

My logic is that if 12+ other GMs wanted to talk to Cleary we can only say Holland is "average" for wanting to do so :)

(Actually, I'm still in the Holland is pretty good camp. But I won't lie; I have NO clue what we're doing this offseason; if it's nothing, I think that's a terribad decision)

Why do you guys keep talking about the off season like it's already over? Free agency hasn't even opened yet!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The big joke is that I don't think it would be their 3rd line, it would be their 2nd.

Really doubtful, with both Eakins and Peverley in the fold Horcoff isn't going that far up the lineup.

What Nill has done is made Dallas drastically better this weekend, he fixed the center ice position. Eriksson was a pretty big cost, but I understand what he is doing.

I don't know that they have the money left for Danny boy now anyway.

RedWingsNow*

Imagine how nerve wracking its going to be for Nill to watch his first team on the ice...You think you've done all this work to the best of your knowledge, but it all comes down to how those guys get it done on the ice

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I agree if Ken Holland keeps going down this path of being cheap and only willing to sign cheap players on short term deals. We will be on the road to mediocrity. The sad part before the cap Holland was the best GM around and now since the cap he just wont spend any money to make the team better. Filppula gone both Brunner and Cleary most likely gone, Why do i fear that both Bertuzzi and Samuelsson will be in our top 6 this year and Holland will do absolutely nothing. It Would'nt suprise me as cheap as Holland is that he does'nt sign Cullen to be our 2nd line center He's 36 and most likely will only want a 2 year deal and with Jarnkrok coming up in a couple of years that would be the perfect situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad