Stats: GP 36 7-5-12
G/60 at 5 on5 - .64 - 6th on Detroit
P1/60: 1.28/60 - 10th on Detroit
Minor penalties: 4 (13th on Detroit)
Penalties drawnL 7 (6th on Detroit)
CF%: 48.3
Ozone%: 35.9 (2nd lowest on the team)
We know he's a "coach's" player.

How much do you think Shanny might pay for him?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why would you consider trading Glendening?

Hes 28 and the wings are rebuilding.. why wouldnt you?

One of the better faceoff guys in the league, plays a bit chippy and really solid defesnively. A playoff team would see value to a guy like that. It wouldnt be unheard of for him to fetch a 3rd rounder which would help add another prospect for the rebuild

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
If TO wanted him, I could see them trading us back a guy like Fehr or Moore (for cap reasons) and a pick for him. Maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hes 28 and the wings are rebuilding.. why wouldnt you?

One of the better faceoff guys in the league, plays a bit chippy and really solid defesnively. A playoff team would see value to a guy like that. It wouldnt be unheard of for him to fetch a 3rd rounder which would help add another prospect for the rebuild

I think if he was signed to a contract with a more reasonable term he would absolutely generate some interest from playoff teams. He is a total coach's player. I think the contract term though makes him impossible to move.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I think if he was signed to a contract with a more reasonable term he would absolutely generate some interest from playoff teams. He is a total coach's player. I think the contract term though makes him impossible to move.

I think its more the cap hit. If he was signed for 1mil per year rather then 1.8, I think teams would be fine with the term as he's only 28.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

A team could bury 1.025-1.125 million of his 1.8 million caphit by putting him in the AHL. Plus he’s only signed until 32. I don’t think his contract would pose any issues in moving him.

Source:
NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Or you could keep a character guy around with an incredible work ethic to set the tone for any newcomers.

Or are we just trading everyone away because we can or something?

Reactions: Lil Bert

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think it is a third or we don't need to move him. He is a guy that NHL executives, coaches and scouts like more than fans. So I could even see something as a crazy second round pick flying our way. In any event I don't trade him if the best we get offered is a 4th round pick.

Last edited:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Or you could keep a character guy around with an incredible work ethic to set the tone for any newcomers.

Or are we just trading everyone away because we can or something?

I actually think this line of thinking is correct, but the problem with our team is we have too many that fit this archetype. If we didnt have Abby, Helm, Nielsen, Z, Kronwall etc. under contract, nobody would even care about Glendening's contract.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
If you can get a top 62 pick for him, you do it even if you like having him around.

Oddly enough I think that Green and Glendening packaged really brings a lot to a contender and should therefore bring a lot back.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Please Luke Glendening is worth more then a 7th rounder, He's worth a 2018 3rd rounder at the very least rumor has it Holland wants a 2nd for him.
Oh I totally think he's worth more than a 7th. A 3rd is probably about right. I just mean that he's contributing nothing to the future of this team so any return, even a 7th if that's all we could get, is worth trading him for.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Oh I totally think he's worth more than a 7th. A 3rd is probably about right. I just mean that he's contributing nothing to the future of this team so any return, even a 7th if that's all we could get, is worth trading him for.
Yeah i mean in all honestly if a 7th was the best we could do for Luke then yeah take it, But i think from a team especially Toronto with the Babs factor we should clearly net a 3rd for him.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I think Glendening could easily fetch a 2nd rounder from a contender (Remember, you're probably picking 50-62 in such a scenario).
I'm not sure if I trade him for 3rd rounder. Definitely wouldn't do it for a fourth rounder.
But for a second, I'm all about it.
I've never been a huge LG fan - mostly because our coaches have overplayed him.
But i'd be pretty happy with him as a 4C for the next 4-5 years, assuming his body holds up.
On the other hand, 4C looks like a good spot for Dom Turgeon.

Reactions: Reddwit

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah, they should be packing Glendening's bags before the phone call is ended if someone throws a 2nd at us. Same with Helm, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad